revisedcode
DREAD PIRATE

Trueit BLEW IT

Post by revisedcode » 03-19-2004 10:09 AM

There once was a pirate named Trueit.
He came aboard, and we all knew it
with a mouth that cant stop, all he posted was slop
Trueit BLEWIT, now we all know, a Sturdy Plank when your rank
Tally Ho Ho Ho, we'll never stop the show, Trueit will be no more.
Some times my JOB is a bore....

Revisedcode :D
In war there is but one favorable moment; the great art is to seize it!

Bonaparte

jeri sexton
Pirate

Post by jeri sexton » 03-19-2004 11:27 AM

Mornin' Cap'n Code' :)
Another Davey Jones'er' at the bottom of the sea..

Yes' Truett blew it'
Too bad, so Sad'

He could have been a contender'...
'STELLA' ;)
YOUR EMAIL BOUCES PLEASE FIX IT or DO NOT subscribe to email notices.

CindyLouWho
Pirate

Post by CindyLouWho » 03-19-2004 11:36 AM

Hehe @ your poem, Captain Code! I liked it!!!

Another day, another Columbian necktie, eh?!?!

Thanks for having the ships aft!! ... (and portside and starboard, etc.)

Black Tassel
Pirate

Post by Black Tassel » 03-19-2004 01:39 PM

Yup, RC......... didn't know yur a poet.......

My post in 'the Brig' a few minutes ago : "Who's on plank greasin' duty these days ?????"

Luv & Cheers
Brenda :D

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

RIP - pirate buried at sea.. .

Post by Dale O Sea » 03-19-2004 03:34 PM

YOU DID WHAT!!! You planked the boy just for...<GASP>

Image j/k rc, i was ready for ya' to ice this guy after starin' at that sick spinnin' smilie in his sig for 2 weeks, heh...true blue phony, I say...and what he said about Spike was irrational, uncalled for and unforgiveable - low blood sugar my ass - low brain vigor is more like it, heh! btw-cool limerick, man but Code seems to be your forte´, heh ;)

I'm no better but here's one anyway..

Posts here are read
Pirates be true
If the brig can't hold 'em
Then show 'em th' deep Blue!

Aarrrgh!Image

....and on she sails...
[size=0]"Question everything, especially your media and their motives. -Me[/size]

alphacentaura
Pirate

re: Truett Blew It....o.k Franz....where are you?

Post by alphacentaura » 03-19-2004 05:02 PM

Yup, well perhaps he did or seemed to do, but FWIW & IMHO, he certainly wasn't the only hand clappin' the "blow it" tune.....an unfinished symphony of sorts, if you asked me....listening to the music but not understanding the score ( musical score reference intended, yet a pun indeed) ....where's Schubert when 'ya really need him.:(

He'd tell you when the trumpets are too loud, the flutes are weak, misunderstood and the violins are pitchy and squeaky and the percussion is mute, but hey, those oboes just seem to grab the spotlight each and everytime.....

swimmbadd
Pirate

Post by swimmbadd » 03-19-2004 07:28 PM

Well it doesn't look like he's planked yet and I hope he wont be. There is a lot of passion in most of the things he speaks of and some times I think it a good thing to start a fire under a few fannies. It keeps people on their toes.
I think Truet is more pirate than we give credit for. He has some really good and valueable post here let us not plank him for having a bad hair day. Know what I'm saying?
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!

swimmbadd
Pirate

Post by swimmbadd » 03-19-2004 08:05 PM

Oops guess I spoke to soon, now he's out. Wish it didn't have to be that way but I'm sure I'm missing a lot as I think most of the posting is done through PMS.

mudwoman
Pirate

Post by mudwoman » 03-19-2004 09:00 PM

swimmbadd wrote: Oops guess I spoke to soon, now he's out. Wish it didn't have to be that way but I'm sure I'm missing a lot as I think most of the posting is done through PMS.
Hey swimm, there have been several posts eluding to 'postings' or something else going on in PMs. Linn and RC asked all for opinions about whether the PM feature should be deep-sixed because of possible harm to FF.

Could someone please tell me what is going on?

What do you mean swimm, when you said "...I'm sure I'm missing a lot as I think most of the posting is done through PMS."?

Thanks
Sandy

:confused:

As for the planking of Truett. I posted my opinion in the "Yada yada yada" thread.

Post by Guest » 03-19-2004 09:42 PM

swimmbadd wrote: Well it doesn't look like he's planked yet and I hope he wont be. There is a lot of passion in most of the things he speaks of and some times I think it a good thing to start a fire under a few fannies. It keeps people on their toes.
I think Truet is more pirate than we give credit for. He has some really good and valueable post here let us not plank him for having a bad hair day. Know what I'm saying?

Well said Swimmbadd. It's a sad situation that some "Pirates?" are a lil' squimish, unless, of course, the Passion being vented is about something in their own agenda or likes or dislikes or whatever :(
Woa be unto us whose Passion and expression thereof doesn't jive with the Mob-ority.
This is becomming less a Pirate Ship and more a pleasure cruiser. Maybe the Jolly Roger should be replaced with some colorful flag and re-name this boat "The Good Ship Lollypop".
Just my opinion.
We are still allowed to express opinions?

swimmbadd
Pirate

Post by swimmbadd » 03-19-2004 10:21 PM

Mudwoman are you sychic? I think I just had a conversation with you (Well not actually a conversation becuase I seem to only get snippets and parts of it , but it was very cool. That was pretty strong load and clear ;) ) Maybe I'm just trippin even though I don't do anything to be trippin on.
About the PMS, one night in the orr I got more PMs than replies on the forum. I don't think I was off topic either and what was said in the PM could have been posted openly on the forum.
Don't know why it has to be that way. Of course that was during a time when much more posting was going on as well, so I guees when there is a lot of posting going on bou coo PMs are to be exspected.

And

Mary Alice pondered
We are still allowed to express opinions?

I would hope so.

I noticed that when you disagreed with Spike last night he never posted again and when you asked if it would be ok to post about the 3840 topic concerning what Art Bell was saying about the show that just accurd (sp) (damn thats just sad, I forgot how to spell occurred ;) Oh there it is ;) )
He killed the thread that could have went much further. I would have loved to hear about what Art was saying but the big ego killed it the thread.

You were kind of wild last night too Mary :)
So maybe I can see the other side there.

And Elk told Bad boy not to fVck with him. (How many can get away with that?) It brings us back to the behind the seanes crap that going on.

Just a few observations

Hey Elk go blow snow balls out your tail pipe. :D

I'm sure you done lots of that this year already

--;)--
Last edited by swimmbadd on 03-19-2004 10:30 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 03-19-2004 10:23 PM

Mary Alice - I can see why swimmbadd may feel calling the moderator a cock sucker and inviting him to suck his dick is merely having a bad hair day - but I am beginning to wonder when you feel you have seen the FF accomodate this kind of posting. Personal attacks on posters, especially continuing on to such length - has always been greeted with a jaundiced eye.

The Fantastic Forum hasn't changed. Attitudes toward the moderators, fellow posters, and the forum have changed.

Spike Mike and RC had had enough with this poster. It wasn't going to get any better. Restraint was shown.

It is not true that freedom to post opinions is any 'less free' here that it has been. Again - few are planked. Posters you do not see posting anymore have not been 'planked'. Maybe this fort mentality that seems to be evolving here is simply a function of a forum having a 'long run'. Four years is a long time. Maybe it is inevitable.

I am trying to see where the strengths of this forum are, and what value it may have for those who come to post here. We seem to be in a transitional phase - wherein some posters who have been here awhile are disgruntled - bored maybe - and new posters come onboard, some more successfully than others. Others seem to be stuck in the middle and are uncomfortable with what they see - a lot of the time. And then there is the world out there - and all the events which invite it toward chaos.
I don't have any answers, but I like to hang out here in this microcosm - just to experience the journey. I am trying to focus on all the posts that make it onto the forum, successfully. There are many, many more of them that do - than not.
:D

Oh, what-the-hell! Another g'damned essay! Bleeeeeeaaaaaa -
:rolleyes:

swimmbadd
Pirate

Post by swimmbadd » 03-19-2004 10:43 PM

Now wait a minute and hang on there I didn't see any of that Linnea. Is that on the forum? I don't read every forum you know.
Don't say I agree with something espeacially when I don't even know what the heel we're talking about.

I really try my best to stay nutral.

And I'm just kidding with Elk I know you all get a lot of snow out there.
Damn leave me out of it, sorry I said any thing.
I really was just being silly exsept for the part about Mud. SHe gave me the giggles, made me feel high. And that happened before I knew about her post here.

Thanks for the visit Mud
I Think I love you ;)

So there it is!! Now you all know.

--Rick--

It is so

swimmbadd
Pirate

Post by swimmbadd » 03-19-2004 11:18 PM

Linnea wrote: Mary Alice - I can see why swimmbadd may feel calling the moderator a cock sucker and inviting him to suck his dick is merely having a bad hair day

That wasn'y very nice, Linnea. :p

Up until yada yada yada Treutts posts on the forum were exsemperlary(really good)
Guees I was hope for the crap to pass over.
But it didn't
And in all honesty YES he did go way over board. WHen just asked to stay on topic.
That was it (agape) just stay on topic

My posts just have rotten timing.
I didn't refresh
I was reading old posts
I just started useing a different browser!
The Dog ate my home work!!

;)

swimmbadd
Pirate

Post by swimmbadd » 03-19-2004 11:31 PM

Linnea you are also attempting to put words in my mouth that I never said .
I never said I agreed with what he said either.

Every one seems to be too emotional here today.

What bug crawled up yalls butts ?????

:confused:

--Peace--

Return to “Announcements/ FYI”