A Huge Thank You

Just what is says. Click and read on.

Moderator: Super Moderators

searchingspirit
Pirate

A Huge Thank You

Post by searchingspirit » 06-06-2004 05:21 PM

This is to all the people that keep this ship afloat!!! You guy's have put up an excellent forum and I want to thank you for all the work you all do! You keep your heads in good and bad and
you make all of us feel welcome. No matter what you guy's feel you need to do is alright by me. I plan on staying for a long,long time and I love it here. I have to say I feel bad because some of us are not around any more but hopefully they all will come back
and we can get this ship up on step. Anyhow great job to spike,dale,linnea,and anyone else that is floating this ship.
thanks you guys
( I am sorry if I had missed anyone elses name...could not think for the life of me....sorry, but you all know who you are) :)

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 06-06-2004 07:44 PM

Thank you, searchingspirit - for your refreshing post and your optimism! It is much appreciated. There are truly wonderful things yet, out there - whether we go in search of them, or stumble upon them, as I did this post. :) Summer squalls, mud puddles, sudden rainbows....

*note: other moderators are: boomer geezer, ninerism, revisedcode, elkamino, TABwebmaster, and megman-at-large

*edit - sorry TABwebmaster ;)

searchingspirit
Pirate

Post by searchingspirit » 06-06-2004 08:53 PM

thank you dear friend I just could not think of everyone.But I will say it again you guy's do a bang up job...right on!!!

Cpt Spike Mike
Joint Chief

Post by Cpt Spike Mike » 06-07-2004 02:21 AM

A pair of moderators.

:D

R/C made me drink all that beer!

searchingspirit
Pirate

Post by searchingspirit » 06-07-2004 07:03 PM

right on spike...I just love you guy's...your the best!!!

Devastated
Moderator - Hammock Expert

Post by Devastated » 06-08-2004 07:21 AM

I have always liked the ship, sometimes more than others. But before you guys drown in the champagne of your self-congratulatory thread here, I'd like to say that I particularly appreciate mods who are on the scene. Thank you Spike, Dale, Niner and others who are there watching and interacting with your posters.
I can't say that I particularly care for it when somebody who's admittedly been hiding out for a while bursts back on the scene with the napalm, turns things upside down, eliminates personal messages, restores them, says it's nothing personal that a bunch of my friends were tossed overboard, tells Cherry Kelly to get of the ship and then giggles and apologizes.
So I guess you could say that at the moment I'm not altogether fond of it.
I ran a pirate newspaper, I called all the shots, and I was there 24/7, nipping things in the bud, enforcing the rules. It wouldn't have worked too well had I been capriciously appearing only when the hordes were hitting the doors with the battering ram, rattling my sabre at whoever got in the way right then.
And please, MA, smirking does not become the red dress.
I have found a hiding place too, but I watch everyday and come out like that idiot Mighty Mouse.................
If Racehorse ever comes back, it will be after The Day After Tomorrow, by the way.:(
You don't have to believe everything that you think...

snowbird
Pirate

Post by snowbird » 06-08-2004 11:36 AM

Devastated wrote: ... If Racehorse ever comes back, it will be after The Day After Tomorrow, by the way.:(

I miss Racehorse...:confused: :(

snowbird

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 06-08-2004 03:43 PM

Dev - since 'somebody' is 'here', now - and is taking an assessment of a forum, and what moderation needs to be done, and since you continue to harass and post sarcastic remarks, as this one (and there are numerous posts here which show the same mocking and harassing tone directed toward 'someone' - all anyone needs to do is click on your profile tag here and review the posts, it's all there) - seems 'someone' now needs to turn his/her attention to your postings and behavior.

It is fine if you have evolved an attitude toward a moderator or owner(s) of the Fantastic Forum. What is not fine is the unrelenting sarcastic and disparaging remarks- as this one. These remarks will no longer be tolerated here. Dissing the forum moderators has always been the one thing that will get you planked. Compliments to some of the moderators, while dissing others, may seem to work - but it is not acceptable.

Your post above - is enough to get you planked, and I think you know that. Seems that 'someones' - and even though you are very careful to be selective - 'is/are' the subject(s) from time to time of your surgical strikes.

I don't feel a great need to go into the whys and wherefores, etc... It is often useless to attempt to negotiate feelings and attitudes, and there is private email. So here is a bottom line. Either get over it and get on with it - or find a forum whose behind the scenes personnel you are able to respect - or at least respect enough to not put up these kinds of posts.

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 06-08-2004 04:53 PM

Spike Mike wrote: A pair of moderators.

R/C made me drink all that beer!
I'm there too! You just can't see me passed out on the porch behind that hawg.
RC made me drink too. Ripple...and smoke stuff! :eek: :p

Devastated

Post by Devastated » 06-09-2004 06:37 AM

I have called Linnea a hero as often or more than I have commented otherwise, which only happened twice (two occasions... several posts). I have wished her well, I have sent love to her sister, I have generally fluffed her up when I could, which is exactly what you'll find if you click on my posts.
I am glad I am still here. Thank you.:cool:

Bellisima
Pirate

Post by Bellisima » 06-09-2004 10:11 AM

I'm glad you're still here too, Dev. :D :D :D

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 06-09-2004 11:23 AM

I'll consider myself fluffed, then - and by Fantastic Forum's very best fluffer.
;)

Bellisima
Pirate

Post by Bellisima » 06-09-2004 11:43 AM

Whew!!!! :D :D :D

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 06-09-2004 01:26 PM

Actually, we should consider Dev for a forum moderator. She is beyond any doubt the Zen Master of Forum Smackdown!

She has precision wit, and even when you are stung - you are somehow, upon reflection - a better person for it. And, thanks Dev - for helping me with some of my puffery as well. I have learned much from you. I always look forward to reading your posts.

Devastated

Post by Devastated » 06-10-2004 06:02 AM

Thank you. I'm flattered and I'll do it as long as I don't have to stay up all night. And as long as it's not somebody else's territory. As long as I get sick leave!

I have just dumped some bubble bath into the ship's Jacuzzi here, if anybody wonders why I'm foamy.

Return to “Announcements/ FYI”