A great great man!

Just what is says. Click and read on.

Moderator: Super Moderators

searchingspirit
Pirate

A great great man!

Post by searchingspirit » 06-11-2004 10:13 PM

I just got done watching Ronald Regans prossesion! I know that there are some people that problebly did not agree with alot of what he tried to accomplish when he was in office but, I was moved deeply on what I watched thru out the day. Watching Mrs. Regan and how she carried herself all day and never once faultering and then it came to the last when she was handed the flag....well I have never been that moved! I have no words to express how I felt and I am sure other people felt. I along with others in this great nation of ours are so lucky to have had such a down to earth great man that reminded me of a grandfather talking to his grandchildren. He was what was good and true and he seemed to always smile or say a kind word.he was a great human being and I hope and pray that there will be more people
like him to lead this great nation. Today was like looseing the age of fair play, old values, do good to your neighbor, and love your
country. I hope no one looks on this as being to emotional and I hope this is the correct thread. but I had to say how touched I was and how alot of people loved him not only for being a president or govenor or even a movie star but just being himself.
searchingspirit

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 06-11-2004 10:19 PM

You found more words than I Searching.

BenSlain
Pirate

Re: A great great man!

Post by BenSlain » 06-11-2004 10:20 PM

searchingspirit wrote: good and true

Beautifully worded Spirit
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

Laird
Pirate

Post by Laird » 06-11-2004 11:00 PM

I totally lost it when the bag pipes started playing amazing grace
sobbing through Taps.

I was smiling along with Clinton during Emerson,Lake and Palmer's "Jerusalem" earlying today when watching the services at the National Cathedral.

cherry
Pirate

A great great man!

Post by cherry » 06-12-2004 06:30 PM

Searching spirit

Turner Classic Movies interrupted their regular schedule
on Thurs. 10th to run Golden Age Ronald Reagan movies.

There was a definite theme to the order
at which the movies were played.

Ted Turner laid it all out.
Like a winning hand .
One card after another.
He showed us his hand.

Wonder if Jane Fonda was watching?
For heaven's sake, maybe her father told her.

What I like best about Ronald Reagan
are his broad shoulders ....

Did you notice most of the women who attended
his memorial service at the Presidential library
were bottle blondes and wore short black skirts?

mystic cherry
feeling violet

jeri sexton
Pirate

Post by jeri sexton » 06-12-2004 09:43 PM

Searching Spirit'

I believe, if you were at all watching, listening, one could not help but be be moved.
It was a grand farewell for Ronald Reagan.

It has brought back to light, when leaders of the world, worked towards the good.
For no other reason, but the good of mankind, and the good of this country.

Yes, i must agree, Ronald Reagan' was one of a kind.

I wish i had paid more attention at the time to politics...

... there is that saying' behind every great man, there is a great women.

Between them, our country was all the better for it, this i do believe...

You say he was a Republican? ;)

We still have Nancy Reagan' I believe her story and her cause will come back to light now, aleast I hope so..

I wish her well.

racehorse
Pirate

Re: A great great man!

Post by racehorse » 06-12-2004 11:30 PM

searchingspirit wrote: I just got done watching Ronald Regans prossesion! I know that there are some people that problebly did not agree with alot of what he tried to accomplish when he was in office but, I was moved deeply on what I watched thru out the day. Watching Mrs. Regan and how she carried herself all day and never once faultering and then it came to the last when she was handed the flag....well I have never been that moved! I have no words to express how I felt and I am sure other people felt. I along with others in this great nation of ours are so lucky to have had such a down to earth great man that reminded me of a grandfather talking to his grandchildren. He was what was good and true and he seemed to always smile or say a kind word.he was a great human being and I hope and pray that there will be more people
like him to lead this great nation. Today was like looseing the age of fair play, old values, do good to your neighbor, and love your
country. I hope no one looks on this as being to emotional and I hope this is the correct thread. but I had to say how touched I was and how alot of people loved him not only for being a president or govenor or even a movie star but just being himself.
searchingspirit

Excellent post, searchingspirit!:)
racehorse

Return to “Announcements/ FYI”