From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

civilian
Pirate

GRAND EXPERIMENT #10

Post by civilian » 01-05-2003 12:21 PM

"There are no problems, only solutions"
-- John Lennon

OK Folks, as I see it, we all want Art back right?

Right.

OK. We want Art back on the radio/internet/SW/FM...Whatever, we just want him back, right?

Well, we have the solution.

We've always had the solution.

We have proven it before - remember?

Remember all those "Grand Experiments" Art and his rather large audience did?

He warned George about using the power in his last show.

Remember we diverted a storm?
Brought forth rain?
Healed Richard?

I'm sure you are thinking of more yourselves.

Well let’s heal Art for good this time and bring him back on the air. Image

I emailed Art on several occasions asking him to implore his listeners to concentrate on healing his back. He, being a humble and stoic man that he is, always refused. Art always wanted the power to be used for good purposes only, not selfish ones.

Well this is a good cause.
We have the power.
We can heal Art and bring him back on the air. Image

Lets do it.

Now.

All that read this post - Concentrate on sending healing love to Art.

Use white light, love, and pure healing power to call upon to heal the back of our good friend - Art Bell.

Send him positive vibes, prayers, peace, good wishes...

Use visualization. Picture Art doing the show, relaxed, laughing, as he does so well.

You know, the Art we all know and love very, very much. Image

Lets get happy with the realization that Art can and will be completely healed and will return to the airwaves better and stronger than ever! Image

Lets use prayer to heal Art.

Maybe we could even use the intervention of some friends on the other side,

like...

Malachi Martin. Image

Calypso
Pirate

Post by Calypso » 01-05-2003 12:33 PM

My thinking is that Art wanted to avoid a group healing process because it isn't the problem rather a fabricated excuse. There has not been anything conclusive here as to whether Art actually has a serious back problem. He seemed pretty adamant on avoiding this issue and perhaps possible embarrassment; remains to be seen (heard). I think we should let it go until the smoke clears on this one IMHO.

Post by Guest » 01-05-2003 01:06 PM

I think we should grant Art Bell the freedom to do with his own life what he wants to do. If he wants to return to radio, he will. The man has incredible will power and stamina. I am uncomfortable using any sort of mind power to "force" the issue. It is no different from having your mom pray to God to make you do something you may not want to do! Let's just wish Art the best.

Foxyred
Pirate

Post by Foxyred » 01-05-2003 01:12 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Savannah:
I think we should grant Art Bell the freedom to do with his own life what he wants to do. If he wants to return to radio, he will. The man has incredible will power and stamina. I am uncomfortable using any sort of mind power to "force" the issue. It is no different from having your mom pray to God to make you do something you may not want to do! Let's just wish Art the best. </font>
I agree Savannah. I also remember Art saying he did not want people to do this for him. What will be, will be, when it's meant to be.

------------------
"Truth is not a fixed set of rules, but a spirit of discovery and a never ending willingness to learn."- Jeff Jawer

Devastated
Moderator - Hammock Expert

Post by Devastated » 01-05-2003 01:18 PM

With you on this one, Sav.
Dev

------------------
--Phaedra is my name
You don't have to believe everything that you think...

Post by Guest » 01-05-2003 02:43 PM

I think there's a conflict with using such mass consciousness efforts to influence someone with free will. Doing it to affect weather and such may be totally different, although there's always the issue of unintended consequences.

Perhaps Art's back problem (which I do not doubt is genuine) has served a very useful purpose, and will be healed in the future, perhaps even with the help of his fans.

We need to do what Alan has always done: Let Art be Art -- it's worked out well so far.

civilian
Pirate

Post by civilian » 01-05-2003 02:55 PM

I'm not clear enough.

I want to heal Art's on going Back problem,
If that is what is stopping him from working.
Look at the amount of time Art missed in the last year.
He even told the listeners how he got the back problem.
He was up a telephone pole as a linesman, I believe in a previous job and he was getting burned or electrolcuted and had a choice of two things: either slide down the telephone pole and receive a million splinters all over himself, or push-off backwards away from the pole. He chose the second option and landed on his back and it knocked the wind out of him for quite a while as I recall. I want his back healed without surgery. If that is what is keeping him from his job at Coast.
I don't want to force him back on Coast with the experiment, just heal him, that's it. Image

[This message has been edited by civilian (edited 05 January 2003).]

Matt
Pirate

Post by Matt » 01-05-2003 03:09 PM

Dudes, I don't really think art is comming back. Even if we heal his back, he allready gave 'the chair' to Noory and I don't think he's going to take it away... Not in his character
Instead, I think he's gonna create his own radio network Image

Post by Guest » 01-05-2003 03:39 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Matt:
Dudes, I don't really think art is comming back. ... Instead, I think he's gonna create his own radio network Image</font>
Who cares how he gets to us, just as long as he does, and he will.

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 01-05-2003 05:17 PM

I'm with Sav and Dev on this one. When you use means such as have been suggested to alter another's life in any way, you are interfering with another person's free will. You are attempting to alter the course of their chosen life's journey either without their knowledge or without their approval, or both. And that is just plain unethical.

I understand your feelings, civ, and I appeciate your good will toward Art, BUT the fact remains that Art himself has requested many, many times that people refrain from attempting to do this. Anytime anyone requests not to be healed, that request should be honored. To do otherwise is to manipulate another's life against their will. Art has his reasons for asking that energy not be directed toward healing his back. Those reasons are his own, and we are not privy to why he feels this way, but since he has explicitly requested non-interference, we should respect his decision.

I could go into a diatribe here on the ethics of magic (which is what this is called in other circles), but I won't. Whenever you are involved in manipulating the forces, especially when it involves the life force and free will of another, you'd better 1) be damn sure you know exactly what you are doing, why you are doing it, and how to do it; and 2) be damn sure that you have taken into account all the possible scenarios that could result from your actions because such things can and often do backfire with sometimes unintended results.

However well-intentioned this idea may be (and I'm sure that it was mentioned with the best of intentions), it is not something we should attempt to do -- for many, many reasons... but the number one reason is simply that Art does not want us to do this.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Post by Guest » 01-05-2003 05:44 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joolz:
I'm with Sav and Dev on this one. When you use means such as have been suggested to alter another's life in any way, you are interfering with another person's free will. You are attempting to alter the course of their chosen life's journey either without their knowledge or without their approval, or both. And that is just plain unethical.

I understand your feelings, civ, and I appeciate your good will toward Art, BUT the fact remains that Art himself has requested many, many times that people refrain from attempting to do this. Anytime anyone requests not to be healed, that request should be honored. To do otherwise is to manipulate another's life against their will. Art has his reasons for asking that energy not be directed toward healing his back. Those reasons are his own, and we are not privy to why he feels this way, but since he has explicitly requested non-interference, we should respect his decision.

I could go into a diatribe here on the ethics of magic (which is what this is called in other circles), but I won't. Whenever you are involved in manipulating the forces, especially when it involves the life force and free will of another, you'd better 1) be damn sure you know exactly what you are doing, why you are doing it, and how to do it; and 2) be damn sure that you have taken into account all the possible scenarios that could result from your actions because such things can and often do backfire with sometimes unintended results.

However well-intentioned this idea may be (and I'm sure that it was mentioned with the best of intentions), it is not something we should attempt to do -- for many, many reasons... but the number one reason is simply that Art does not want us to do this.
</font>
Never forget the classic Mickey Mouse episode in Fantasia where he entranced the brooms to do the work of bringing water for him, and ended up with a flooded sorcerer's workshop.

Dread Wing
Pirate

Post by Dread Wing » 01-05-2003 05:48 PM

Everyone, if we are going to do this, we need to set a time to concentrate on healing Art's back. If not, it won't be a "mass consciousness" effort, because we'll all just try it whenever we come across this post.

And I don't see anyone trying to change Art Bell's free will. They just want to ease his excruciating pain.

Devastated
Moderator - Hammock Expert

Post by Devastated » 01-05-2003 05:52 PM

Art very clearly asked that we not. Best of motives, but really, we should listen.
Dev

------------------
--Phaedra is my name
You don't have to believe everything that you think...

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 01-05-2003 06:53 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">And I don't see anyone trying to change Art Bell's free will. They just want to ease his excruciating pain.</font>
Dread... If Art has specifically requested that a mass healing effort for his back NOT be directed toward him, then how is doing so NOT attemting to subvert his free will? He does not wish to be healed in this manner. What you *could* end up doing would be make his pain worse, not better. Since he has asked that this not be done, he would not be receptive to the energy, but would be blocking it, which could, in effect, drain him yet more. That's only ONE of the possible negative effects such an attempt could generate. Unless Art himself says YES, then it's not something anyone should try to do. Only Art can know what is best for him. It is not our place to decide for him.

Note Sav's example of the Sorcerer's Apprentice from Fantasia. Granted, that is an example from fiction, but it does contain a grain of truth, and illustrates my point quite well.

Here's another example of an inintended negative repurcussion: Suppose someone you love is in a lot of pain and you decide to direct energy toward healing them without their knowledge or consent. You succeed in healing them from that pain. BUT then something even worse happens to them and they suffer even more than before. If it was a part of that person's lesson in life to suffer pain and to learn from that experience, your decision to manipulate and re-direct the course of their life results in a change in the area you directed it toward, but it results in a worse scenario overall because that person needs to experience this and it WILL manifest again in some form or another. And further, YOU are responsible, and this then, in turn, affects YOUR life because of your choice to interfere in another soul's journey.

The point is, unless Art himself wants this to be done, his fans have no business trying to do a mass healing. Only the person whose life you are attempting to change has the right to make that kind of decision, and Art has explicitly said NO to this. Please be respectful and honor his wishes.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

The_One
Pirate

Post by The_One » 01-05-2003 09:53 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by civilian:
I'm not clear enough. <snip> I don't want to force him back on Coast with the experiment, just heal him, that's it.</font>
You were perfectly clear the first time. Image I'm sure Art appreciates the concern. But he has also asked us several times -- on air -- to please not do this. I'm going to do as he requests and leave it alone. Suggest you consider same...
~*~*~*~*~*
Kacy C.
"Believe those who are seeking truth, doubt those who find it."
...Andre' Gide

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”