GRAND EXPERIMENT #10

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

The_One
Pirate

Post by The_One » 01-05-2003 10:02 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joolz:
Dread... If Art has specifically requested that a mass healing effort for his back NOT be directed toward him, then how is doing so NOT attemting to subvert his free will? He does not wish to be healed in this manner. What you *could* end up doing would be make his pain worse, not better. Since he has asked that this not be done, he would not be receptive to the energy, but would be blocking it, which could, in effect, drain him yet more. That's only ONE of the possible negative effects such an attempt could generate. Unless Art himself says YES, then it's not something anyone should try to do. Only Art can know what is best for him. It is not our place to decide for him.</font>
Excellent explanation! I have studied a bit of Reiki in years past. One thing our Reiki teacher stressed to the class is that you do not give Reiki without asking for and receiving permission first! That's just the first rule and I think goes to the concept of "First do no harm..." We even had to ask and receive permission before we could practice on each other in class...
~*~*~*~*~*
Kacy C.
"Believe those who are seeking truth, doubt those who find it."
...Andre' Gide

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 01-05-2003 10:06 PM

We should respect Art's wishes about this.
racehorse

eliza_nightvoice
Pirate

Post by eliza_nightvoice » 01-06-2003 12:31 AM

Doing an intervention that is not requested, makes the one who wants to do the intervention look like they are on some sort of power trip.

I know you have the best of intentions to help a fellow human being in pain, but healing thought must be a collaboration. Yes, there has been studies that show that people who pray (think and send healing thoughts) for people without their knowledge experience some form of healing, but here we are talking about people in Intensive Care Units and are experiencing life-threating conditions and the human spirit will do incredible things to prolong life.

If we really want to do a group mind experience, it should address the fulfilment of what Art wants and a desire to see him finding that road that will bring him fulfillment, contentment, fun, prosperity, health, and peace of mind. That way there is a synergy between our thoughts and his deep-felt desires.

A mind experiment should always include a plea for the universal (or the divine) to use the power of our harnessed minds only for good and to eliminate any unwanted negative consequences of our intent.

Dread Wing
Pirate

Post by Dread Wing » 01-06-2003 12:34 AM

Well, I don't think he would feel any affect, but I think we might as well try it. Could you imagine how incredible it would be if it worked?!

Pappy
Pirate

Post by Pappy » 01-06-2003 12:41 AM

I have to side with respecting Art's wishes on this. Although I think Art would probably be too humble to ASK for help, I think that his request to "Please, do not do this" to all those callers was pretty crystal clear as to what he wants.

"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."

Cheers,

Pappy

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”