I'm puzzled

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Randir
Pirate

Post by Randir » 01-06-2003 12:45 AM

Kind of off topic, but last night I was changing through the radio channels looking for any paranormal shows and I happened to find some kind of Christian paranormal show with a guy talking about the Bible promotes Astrology.

I am a Christian so it was kind of an interesting topic, but man the interviewer almost put me to sleep. Some guy named Jordan Maxwell.

spaceprophet
Pirate

Post by spaceprophet » 01-06-2003 12:53 AM

Premrad and Clear Channel don't mind one way or the other if C2C fails. They're changing the show regardless. Look on Premrads website(sorry I don't have the link). 99% of the talk show talent they represent consists of a right wing conservative slant. Big pappa Clear Channel is already being investigated by the FCC and SEC for anti-trust accusations. And look at the rapid rate they are acquiring stations and other media outlets, just in the last 4 years. Nothing will ever happen to them except the green light 'cause look who's in charge in Washington. It's plain as day George and Babs both are slipping more and more Political, current events, and religious topics into their interviews. They wouldn't mind if George manages to keep or increase the current listening audience as the careful transition in format moves forward. But if he tanks, they'll just change it faster. They want strong, loyal, and dependable employees who will sacrifice and not ask questions or complain. They know what their agenda and mission statement is in the media world today. The same as who's in power
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man. - Jack Handey

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 01-06-2003 02:48 AM

Anybody remember the McCarthy days?

What's next? A good ol' Salem witch burning?
We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 01-06-2003 03:10 AM

Hey Savannah! I like how you think Image Great posts... I had VERY similar thoughts when I checked this week's guest line-up on C2C.

~*~*~*~

And about Ian... yes, he was/is studying theology, but he was NEVER into pushing the right-wing Christian agenda. Far from it! I found Ian's attitude to be delightfully refreshing. As a student of world religions myself, I always found Ian's interviews of topics with a spiritual theme to be fascinating. He not only really knows his stuff about Christianity and the bible, but he is also VERY knowledgable about faiths and spiritual traditions other than his own. And on top of that, he was respectful of those whose paths were different from his own. VERY, very cool, IMHO. (Yeah, I'm another Ian fan... could ya guess? Image)
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Kenia
Pirate

Post by Kenia » 01-06-2003 06:12 AM

If Art DID choose George, it must have been because he wants to see the show destroyed. Maybe if it's destroyed, he can pick it up again in a year or two? Just guessing.--Iris

Nice angle Iris, I'm turning off Babs this very minute.. I have listened to Babs give almost unlimited air to professed pentecostal, e-vangelical,
born agains, who are willing to tell the world how they are right and that we doubters are going to hell, because they are RIGHT and everyone else is WRONG. I learn so much just by listening to Babs and G.N.
Ohhhh, could it be any more interesting ?
Sorry I fell asleep there for a second.

Why is it that when you mention the neat pictures coming back from Hubble which show "The age of the universe to be around
13 bill---click..zzzzzzzzz Hey, I was making a point there Babs!!
Or you suggest the carbon and argon tests to be very similar when dating
15 million year ol--- CLICK ! Huh? HEY !! George that's censorship.

I suggest we take up a collection to send GN and Blondie on a one way trip to the Northern Alps of Uzbekistan (it's there) in search for
NOAH"S ARK.. I have a kewl 1930's map of Eastern Europe that I could write some clues on, like, take a left at India, stay to the right at the Black Sea..if you see the Kremlin you have gone too far, I think.
I wanna help. Image:

G.N. goes into hyperventilation when someone mentions Noah.. I ROTFLMAO when G.N.seriously posed a question as to what Noah did with all the animal droppings on that ARK. Well some intellectual Christian suggested that they had a big boat...ohh !!! that explains it...I'd of never figured that one out.. but THEN he clarified it, when he said "there were 12 people on that ark." Now its as clear as glass. They took turns sleeping and shoveling. Image
Kinda like G.N. and Babs. Sleep and shovel. Or shovel before you put people to sleep ?

Speaking of animal droppings and shovels, my heart always melts when these loving Christians talk about nuking the Middle East. Is that in their rule book ? I can't stay awake long enough to figure which one of these people who say they are right about all this religious stuff, figure out who is the rightist ! So little time, so many people with god on their side.
Savanna when you get your call in the supermarket, call me so I can get
my lunch 'to go'... where are we going , do I need a shovel ? Image
Oh hell I remember now---I'm going to sleep.
Kenia-the other guy
from 'Way up there on the Triple R"
Kenia

Conspiracy Theorist
Pirate

Post by Conspiracy Theorist » 01-06-2003 09:57 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joolz:And about Ian... yes, he was/is studying theology, but he was NEVER into pushing the right-wing Christian agenda. Far from it! I found Ian's attitude to be delightfully refreshing. As a student of world religions myself, I always found Ian's interviews of topics with a spiritual theme to be fascinating. He not only really knows his stuff about Christianity and the bible, but he is also VERY knowledgable about faiths and spiritual traditions other than his own. Image)[/B]</font>
I especially love shows that discuss religious topics, but in a non-prosteletizing manner. Ian is great at this, and he really seemed to enjoy having Glenn Kimball on...one of my favorites. But, Ian would be just as content discussing Tibetan Buddhism or Taoism from an historical point of view.

------------------
Rick Jackson

eliza_nightvoice
Pirate

Post by eliza_nightvoice » 01-06-2003 12:02 PM

Kenia, you might want to take a look at the "religion" topic. Great discussions going on. Your comments would fit right in.

Harmoniman
Pirate

Post by Harmoniman » 01-06-2003 01:23 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kenia:

G.N. goes into hyperventilation when someone mentions Noah.. I ROTFLMAO when G.N.seriously posed a question as to what Noah did with all the animal droppings on that ARK.:
George does have a penchant for the stupid question,doesn't he? How about when He asked Richard C. Hoagland if it would be an act of war if China attacked our satellites.I thought RCH was going to have another heart attack.As for falling asleep during George's show.I do and I am listening during the daytime.HMMMMMM
Have you noticed how people's intellectual curiosity declines sharply the moment
they start waving guns about? Doctor Who

Riptide
Pirate

Post by Riptide » 01-06-2003 01:27 PM

Did anyone else hear G.N. interview Richard Hoagland last week? At one point he told him that he was going to be tough on him. Hoagland responded that he had done the show with G.N. before. Then G.N. said something like, "Before, I was a guest in someone else’s house." I was taken aback! Did he intend to imply that now that the show is his that he will run the show his way as opposed to the way the show had been run under Art Bell? Or was I reading too much into it?

Post by Guest » 01-06-2003 02:45 PM

Kenia,

I have a close friend who wants my husband and me to retire eventually to England, since she claims England doesnt have all the right wing religious loonies there. The USA seems to promote them as part of the "dumbing down" process. Yeah, let's just throw out this satanic science thing, and just go with blind belief in a theocratic leader. Is the American right wing taking lessons from Iran?

Many people have an allegory for God. It helps them survive to have a sense of meaning in the cosmic sense. However, the problem is that most people seem to think their particular allegory (what Joseph Campbell called a "mask of God") is literally true! Then they get on talk shows and pompously put down everyone elses' allegory! It's like this missionary who came to my church when I was a little girl. Even then, I thought the guy was a moron. He told the congregation that they were bringing Christ to African natives (Great, let's spread the white man's religion even further....).

Anyway, he said that he corrected their pagan beliefs. The tribe he was converting had the "pagan" belief that a hell was above the clouds.

He then smiled broadly and told our congregation, "I straightened them out, telling them that God has told us in the Bible that hell is below our feet, not up in the sky."

God, spare me all these literalist boobs. As Joseph Campbell also said "People on this planet are literally killing each other over a mask of god, not God".

[This message has been edited by Savannah (edited 06 January 2003).]

rolede
Pirate

Post by rolede » 01-06-2003 03:20 PM

Savannah- You make some good points. A good book I read was called 'The God Part of The Brain' and it's premise that throughout the world, even in remote places, there is a belief system in some God and the Hereafter. His conclusion was that Man is the only creature that is aware of his own mortality and that in order to keep from going insane with the concept of eventual death, Man creates God and the afterlife concepts. In addition our own vanity and egos would easily favor such a thought.

My take on the subject is this. I deal in logic. All the religions have a story to tell and they all start out with the similar premise of "In the Beginning".... This is where they all flunk the logic course. They make the ASSUMPTION (not based on any fact) that there was a beginning. Once that is put across, they then have to have a Creator for that beginning. But what if their assumption is wrong and there is no beginning. What if Big Bangs are endless. They happen, Universes are formed, life developes on its own,then they collaspe into one big mass, only to repeat with another Big Bang, on and on and on.No beginning and no end. Now the Thiests don't like this because that concept would eliminate the need for a Creator to thus explain it all ie no Creation, no need for a Creator. No they insist based only on observations on this planet, EVERYTHING has a beginning. Now when confronted with the question-based on their distorted logic- then who created the Creator, they contradict themselves and claim that HE didn't have a Creator, but just always existed.So they all try to have it both ways and all of them fail the test of logic.

Since there are enough shows on the radio with Evangelists I think that C2C should avoid this area. Last night was all about The Red Cow and didn't. It was one big End Time show.

If I want to hear that trash I can go into the nearby town of Lake City to the Endtimers Cult Church run by Rev Meade AKA Mead Ministries that has settled there convinced that it is coming soon but that their area will be spared.

So that's my story and I'm stickin to it!
One in four people is unbalanced; think of
three friends-if they seem okay-you're it

Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment.

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 01-06-2003 05:40 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> As Joseph Campbell also said "People on this planet are literally killing each other over a mask of god, not God". </font>
One of my favorite bumper snickers says, "God, protect me from your followers."

[This message has been edited by Iris (edited 07 January 2003).]
We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

rolede
Pirate

Post by rolede » 01-06-2003 06:10 PM

Iris for a tongue -in-cheek laugh at it all visit this 'spoof'

http://www.landoverbaptistchurch.org/
One in four people is unbalanced; think of
three friends-if they seem okay-you're it

Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment.

jeri sexton
Pirate

Post by jeri sexton » 01-06-2003 07:00 PM

What's really going on...
Only God knows, i surely don't.. But, as Art has so nicely described it in his book.. It's the 'Quickening'.. he saw it coming down the track roaring in like a frieght train..
That message book from Art Bell was divinely inspired..As he said he didn't write it, it wrote itself.. He was just authoring it, as he saw the changing times..

Yes, we are officially in the "Quickening"..
Every moment of every day things are changing and it's not for the better, not just yet..

It is a Global Super Storm' another one of Art's & Whitley's Books.. about the weather..

But a global shift, even including the magnetic poles on the earth..
It's kinda like.. The great divide is taking place and we are in the middle of it.

It's the culling of media.. to ONE VOICE'
(and i don't trust that voice, i feel it aims to deceive the masses)...

The time is NYE' the binary system is in place, and we can only watch and listen in belwilderment..
We are being bewitched' by the Serpents..
There time has come..

Globalism has taken us to this point in time.. The earth and all on it is their prize.
I tend to call them the 'Royal Order Of The Global Order Devil Serpants'.. the agency of the ..ROOT GODS' ... actually that just came to me.. It's time to look to the heavens and pray..

------------------
waverider
YOUR EMAIL BOUCES PLEASE FIX IT or DO NOT subscribe to email notices.

Snowcrush
Pirate

Post by Snowcrush » 01-06-2003 07:51 PM

but more tax cuts and evanglism will help...
Nightshift,Midnite,30below,Northernlites,Hale-Bopp,GoodJava,ArtBell

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”