thank god, some sanity on this board

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Aperson
Pirate

thank god, some sanity on this board

Post by Aperson » 11-28-2002 03:45 PM

I was beginning to think I was the only one who can't stand George Noory. I thought I must be crazy because everyone who calls into the show says "you're doing a great job George" "keep of the great work George" "excellent interview George" blah blah etc etc....

George just isn't intresting to listen to. He seems totally phony and tries to act enthusiastic about it. As someone else metioned his favorite words seems to be "wow" and "jeez" and he uses these whenever he doesn't have an intelligent response.

Worst of all he seems very biased to me. He seems to have a very Christian world view and that just doesn't work with the topics that Coast deals with. If he could suspend his personal biases it would be fine, but he can't. Anytime someone calls in and starts ranting about fundamentalist Christians, he cuts them off immediately and says "we won't have that sort of religous attack on this program". If someone starts ranting about "Pagans" or "New agers" he isn't nearly as severe and will even agree with their comments to some degree.

There is no way that George could ever have the intelligence, grace, or open mindedness to interview a controversial guest like Terrence McKenna. These sort of guests were some of my favorite on Coast, and they just showed what a truly open forum Art had created. No more...

Also, George could never possibly make a lunatic like JC into a humorous reoccuring personality on the program, he just can't handle callers like that.

Don't get me wrong, Art has done many things to annoy me over the years. He isn't critical enough of guests like Ed Dames who feed a constant stream of lies and BS to Art's audience. He falls for some of the most ridiculous ideas imaginable and he has a tendency to dramatize stuff way beyond the point of being reasonable... remember the Y2K hype?

In spite of all of that Art is truly entertaining to listen to and that's what always kept me coming back even after his first two "retirements". Years from now the "Art Bell era" will be remembered fondly by those of us lucky enough to have caught on to it, and by those of us who, unlike George Noory, really "got it".

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 11-28-2002 04:57 PM

A hearty pirates welcome to the Ship Fantastic, Aperson! Glad to have you onboard.

You 'get it'!

Conscious
Pirate

Post by Conscious » 11-29-2002 12:25 AM

A very fine analysis Aperson -- here's a little "JC" for your entertainment.

Of all the hosts that have ever been on the program - Art is the only one who could have produced what you will hearhere

Gary
The only fact that I know about consciousness is that I'm 'Conscious'.

Ninerism
Pirate

Post by Ninerism » 11-29-2002 02:23 PM

Aperson, welcome to our discussion on FANTASTIC FORUM.

While we are on the topic of ART BELL vs. Noory, well some of us truly believe that there exists no real contest since ART BELL simply surpasses Noory on numbers of issues including being entertaining and a great interviewer. Noory ought to take some lessons by simply LISTENING to the methods of interviewing that ART BELL employed -- and learn how to ASK QUESTIONS.

We all, for those who have been devoted fans to ART BELL's shows since the beginning, will recall with great appreciation the fact that ART BELL didnot go on the air to preach to us. He also provided lots of political umph to many topics including: challenging the strangeness of the WAR ON DRUGS; challenging the established two-party system by ART BELL openly endorsing and advocating considerations for the LIBERTARIAN PARTY (which truly must have rankled the powers-tht-be); advocated researching the historical realities of Christendom, including some things which are not so very nice, and including the POLITICAL ROMAN ORIGINS of early Christianity which were hardly "christian"; and numbers of other provocative issues.

The above are truly issues that affect numbers of political topics, or are truly political, just as we oftentimes see that Catholicism is steeped in political machinations, too, to this day.

I feel that it is very appropriate to add here, too, that ART BELL was one of the first nationally syndicated radio talk-show hosts who was willing to provide a repeated forum for RN JOYCE RILEY who had uncovered so many things which informed Americans about the biological dangers of GULF WAR SYNDROME which have all the markers/imprints of being a genetically-mutated virus -- with the incidence of MYCOPLASMA FERMENTANS INCOGNITUS diagnosed in thousands of GULF WAR VETS -- and how GWS is related to "AIDS" via that mycoplasma which is now suggestive of being a very important co-factor in "AIDS", too. In other words, "AIDS" and GULF WAR SYNDROME appear to have related markers, and thus certain aspects of GULF WAR SYDNROME are indicative of having been deliberately manufactured as a BIOLOGICAL, that is a BIO-WARFARE WEAPON of mass destruction provided by certain laboraties within the UNITED STATES per numbers of researchers including Dr. LEONARD HOROWITZ www.tetrahedron.org author of several books about BIO-WARFARE, including the incredible book, 'AIDS & EBOLA' 'Nature, Accident or Intentional'. Other biologists have also stated their belief that GULF WAR SYNDROME (and "AIDS") arenot naturally occurring diseases.
Ninerism

[This message has been edited by Ninerism (edited 29 November 2002).]

Post by Guest » 11-29-2002 04:08 PM

Hi Aperson,

Welcome to the USS Fantastic! Image I aagre with your post about Noory as well as Art and some of his guests. Ed Dames is just as annoying to me as Noory and I don't understand why Bell has "soothsayers" (read that as BS artists, liers or people trying to sell their wares) like him on. I assume you tuned in for the Kreskin Fiasco a coule of months ago? Wasn't that a crock?
Noory is just a "Yes man" who, in my opinion, keeps his lips puckered in preparation to kiss PremRad's you-know-what.
People have said that you have to "dumb down" to appreciate Noory's style. I won't dumb down for anybody and I don't suffer fools gladly.

Welcome to the Fantastic Forum. Image

------------------
Peace,

yaichi
Pirate

Post by yaichi » 11-30-2002 02:20 PM

Hi Aperson & Welcome!!

I truly do beleive that the PremRad screeners make it a prerequisite for callers to praise George and the ' great job he is doing ' before they allow them on the air access.

In all the years that I have listened to Art, Mike, Ian, Barbara, I have never heard the frequency of praise, as one hears now with George at the mike...I find it difficult to believe that this praise is the spontaneous idea of the caller, who was overtaken to call in to gush all over George

or

....maybe, it's another type of phenomena, where those, who found the program under Art's helm, to be way over their heads and grey matter between the ears, finally are chomping at the bit to expound their gratitude for simplified, down to 6th grade level blather....maybe now they 'can get' it, not realizing there "isn't much to be got"

I truly wish that I did like George....gee, gosh, it would be alot easier wouldn't it??
I try each and every time I listen to a new show, hoping that a miracle and metamorphosis has taken place, and then, it's just George, predictably George, as we have come to know him.

Yeah, like you, there have been many times when Art's impatience and even arrogance irritated me, his choices of loyalty or credibility of his guests somewhat questionable,however, I'd rather that, then the bland, homogonized 'see spot run' approach, that George is becoming famous for.

I concur totally with Ninerism's comment:

<font color=blue>"Noory ought to take some lessons by simply LISTENING to the methods of interviewing that ART BELL employed -- and learn how to ASK QUESTIONS."</font>

I do think George has listened intently to Art's previous broadcasts and has concluded that his ace will be his "kindness, understanding, tolerance and indulgence" of his callers, by making them feel 'warm & fuzzy' when they call, when he reads their email...trying to be ' just like them ', just a ' gee whiz, down home, middle America kind of guy'. Maybe he's more intelligent than we think, realizing that he can't step up to Art's wit, intelligence, knowledge etc, therefore let's go for 'nice George'.

I'm sure you have all heard many guest and even callers respond to some of George's questions with " I've already answered that " or " like I have already said "...with the due frustration and impatience that his frequent ineptitude invokes.

O.K....it looks like another "George bashing" post, and yes it probably is, however I didn't intend it to be when I started my response.

I just wanted to welcome you, state that I concur...for whatever that's worth and to agree with your post that:

<font color=blue>"In spite of all of that Art is truly entertaining to listen to and that's what always kept me coming back even after his first two "retirements". Years from now the "Art Bell era" will be remembered fondly by those of us lucky enough to have caught on to it, and by those of us who, unlike George Noory, really "got it".</font>

Nice to meet you,

Yaichi

p.s. site says HTML enabled, but doesn't seem to work...any suggestions??

[This message has been edited by yaichi (edited 30 November 2002).]

yaichi

Gwen
Pirate

Post by Gwen » 11-30-2002 02:46 PM

Yaichi, I'm not sure, but I see *HTML is OFF, *UBB Code is On (in the Post Reply area). I don't think one can change the color with UBB...I am technology-challenged, so I'm not certain of that. I'm sure someone who knows will check in soon. Image

[This message has been edited by Gwen (edited 30 November 2002).]

Gwen
Pirate

Post by Gwen » 11-30-2002 02:56 PM

Welcome to the Fantastic Forum, Aperson Image

Laird
Pirate

Post by Laird » 11-30-2002 06:44 PM

Most of us are sane it's the topic's that don't fit neatly into a box.

Thank goodness!

What a boring world it would be if everyone was atypical.

I disagree with Aperson .... and am proud to be posting my opinion.

George welcome's discussion on spiritual matters, and out of body experiences. Poor old Art gets spooked when asked questions unless its Dannion.

At times you do notice George falling back using his stock q & a over the air. I'm sure his attention is focused some other aspect of running the show. It would be nice if someone could point it out so it isn't so obvious to the listeners.

I'm only one person out of millions of listeners ... bless this paranormal world of live talk radio.
"Speak softly and carry a big stick" Teddy Roosevelt

Julie
Pirate

Post by Julie » 12-02-2002 03:43 AM

I have listened to George on his local show and I've got to tell you....he's one of the best in the Country...as a matter of fact...I believe he has been told to go easy until things change..you should hear him !!!!

eliza_nightvoice
Pirate

Post by eliza_nightvoice » 12-02-2002 08:22 AM

Hope you're right. It could be that he is under a tight Premrad leash. Doing it their way to maintain ratings and to keep doing the show.

Hope he gets the chance to strut his stuff. Even though St. Louis is a second market city, you don't get the morning slot by being a poor performer. Something just doesn't make sense.

Julie
Pirate

Post by Julie » 12-03-2002 05:14 PM

Eliza...you are the only intelligent one of the bunch....

Hitchhiker
Pirate

Post by Hitchhiker » 12-03-2002 11:35 PM

"You're doing one swell heck of a job!" Where have I heard that before?

Ninerism
Pirate

Post by Ninerism » 12-04-2002 10:21 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by maryals:
Hi ther Aperson....are you a "person"? A hew-mon? just one person? anyway, welcome...there's food in the Galley an' all manner o' drink too..

SINCERITY that's the secret SINCERITY it comes out in the voice
for those on radio
SINCERITY tells, all

George ain't got none.....

</font>
Hi, Maryals! Well I for one would like to hear a wee bit more 'sin' on the Noory shows and leave the rest of the 'cerity' to others to figure out.

Ninerism

Ninerism
Pirate

Post by Ninerism » 12-04-2002 10:24 PM

Yaichi, I've been wondering the same thing lately.

Ninerism

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”