Hey, FF Pirates! It's time again to gather 'Art Bell Clues'

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Linnea

Hey, FF Pirates! It's time again to gather 'Art Bell Clues'

Post by Linnea » 12-26-2002 05:46 PM

What do you have? Post it here and we'll add up the 'clues'.

RSVP: ART BELL Part II

Conspiracy Theorist
Pirate

Post by Conspiracy Theorist » 12-26-2002 08:54 PM

OK...I guess I'll post a clue here, and I've got a big one.

I DID get an e-mail from Art the other day, and it played a big part in why my attitude has changed so dramatically.

I don't want to re-post a private e-mail, but what he said was basically that there are a lot of things going on that he is unable to discuss at the moment. That's not cryptic, folks.

No clue as to time-lines, but I think we'll learn a lot after the first of the year.

------------------
Rick Jackson

Morgan
Pirate

Post by Morgan » 12-26-2002 10:32 PM

Otay, here's mine. I sent him an email saying I hoped he was up to something... and he replied, "Watch www.fantasticforum.com "

Not all that cryptic, either. I'd say that at the very least, he is going to show up here after the 31st. Beyond that? Hey, wanna take ANOTHER ride?

------------------
Morgan the Primate
**Cogito Ergo Spud**
Morgan the Primate
**Cogito Ergo Spud**

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 12-27-2002 12:36 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Morgan:
Hey, wanna take ANOTHER ride?
</font>

eliza_nightvoice
Pirate

Post by eliza_nightvoice » 12-27-2002 01:01 AM

Ok, the deer-stalker cap, the houndstooth cape and the pipe is out. Watson's left holding the magnifying glass.

"Things are not as they appear." Well, no bull sheetrock, Sherlock.

Whitley is publically continuing his show, even though it will only be 'net based. Not even one slip on air about what Art is planning. No mention of vacation, and the "bad back" hasn't surfaced on the show for quite a while as an excuse for Art's absence.

Come Jan 1, either the clock starts ticking on a 2-year hiatis from broadcast radio as host, or Art is going to be a very busy guests on similar programs, like Whitley's and other limited outlet shows, like the one out of Baltimore. And I can see a "Art of Talk, Part II" hitting the bookstores.

snowbird
Pirate

Post by snowbird » 12-27-2002 02:10 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by eliza_nightvoice:
".. or Art is going to be a very busy guests on similar programs, like Whitley's and other limited outlet shows, like the one out of Baltimore. </font>
What's the name of the show out of Baltimore and what are the call letters?

Mercury
Pirate

Post by Mercury » 12-27-2002 02:18 AM

It is worth noting that the announcement on artbell.com says only that on Dec 31, "Art will retire from Coast to Coast A.M" NOT that "Art will retire from Broadcasting." My attention was drawn to the precise, specific language of this latest announcement because when Art quite 2 years ago he said he was "retiring from radio"... which he in fact did (well, for a year at least). But this time, no such sweeping statement was made. It's just about Coast-to-Coast.

I do have a memory for seemingly silly details like this but here, I do think the "wording" is important and reveals something interesting.

Conclusion: something else is already in the works, rest assured!

[This message has been edited by Mercury (edited 26 December 2002).]

Conscious
Pirate

Post by Conscious » 12-27-2002 02:21 AM

Why would Art ask me to, " Please thank the good Pirates at FF for all the support and tell them NOTHING IS AS IT SEEMS."? Those CAPS are heavy words.

Let's stir those five words up a bit: IT SEEMS NOTHING IS AS 'we think?' Could it be that most of our speculating has been way off base?

Actually, what is particularly telling is that those words were written at all. They ARE saying, what we've been lead to believe isn't a true picture of things (to come?).

"Please thank the good Pirates for all the support" - sounds like he is running for office maybe? In other words, he's gathering support for some further venture? Mind you he doesn't say, 'Please thank the good Pirates for all the support they have given me in the past...

It's getting very interesting indeed!
The only fact that I know about consciousness is that I'm 'Conscious'.

Kevin
Pirate

Post by Kevin » 12-27-2002 08:48 AM

Perhaps "it seems" Art’s NOT happy with CC but he actually IS. It makes good food for thought...

Conspiracy Theorist
Pirate

Post by Conspiracy Theorist » 12-27-2002 09:38 AM

Don't worry. When Art says "nothing is as it seems," he means that the picture being presented to the public is not the true picture. Taken in and of itself, "nothing is as it seems" could be ambiguous. But, taken with is his follow-up message to me, (exact quote) "You must understand, there are some things I am unable to discuss at the moment," you should really be left with no doubt.

I might add that if we get too far afield in speculation, Art will find a way to get us back on the right track. Most of us have our contact addresses with our profiles.

------------------
Rick Jackson

[This message has been edited by Conspiracy Theorist (edited 27 December 2002).]

eliza_nightvoice
Pirate

Post by eliza_nightvoice » 12-27-2002 09:22 PM

CT, I agree with you. Something is definately amiss here, like a hostile take-over of some sort. It was big enough that even KR, who was supposed to pick-up PR webmaster guru duties was also thown out with the bath water.

We may not know for some time what really happened. I don't think Art is going to want to get into a legal spitting match with PremRad / CC after the 31st. News will leak slowly and come from sources unknown, until things cool off a bit to allow for more frankness and openess.

But it sure sounds like we have our ears to the rightr rail.

Conspiracy Theorist
Pirate

Post by Conspiracy Theorist » 12-27-2002 10:12 PM

I expect things to develop rather fast. There may be clues for those who bought the CD (I promise to pass on any message to those of you who didn't buy it!), and I expect Art to begin leaking clues through this forum and on 3830.

The two-year wait doesn't seem possible, but Art may need that time for his back to be fixed in any case.

------------------
Rick Jackson

Morgan
Pirate

Post by Morgan » 12-27-2002 11:09 PM

Hey, Conscious... did Art say anything about "Bad Pirates?"

Just askin'.... for a friend.

------------------
Morgan the Primate
**Cogito Ergo Spud**
Morgan the Primate
**Cogito Ergo Spud**

Conscious
Pirate

Post by Conscious » 12-28-2002 12:20 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Morgan:
Hey, Conscious... did Art say anything about "Bad Pirates?"

Just askin'.... for a friend.
</font>
Nope - he only spoke of "the good pirates", but then Good and Bad are relative terms... Guess it all depends on how ya look at it. Image
The only fact that I know about consciousness is that I'm 'Conscious'.

Kali
Pirate

Post by Kali » 12-28-2002 01:16 AM

Just to let you all know - you will no longer find Art on 3830. He and his friends have moved their home to 3840 for QSOs (conversations), and 3845 for SSTV (Slow Scan TV).

You will find them all there every night from about 12:30 am Pacific Time until everybody falls asleep - somewhere between 3:00 and 5:00 am Pacific Time.

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”