How To know When Art Is Free

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

bupper1
Pirate

How To know When Art Is Free

Post by bupper1 » 12-21-2005 12:18 AM

You will know when Art is free of all legal restrictions with coast when his original web site (artbell.com) is back up.

As soon as that happens, watch out. Things are gonna happen.

My guess is satellite radio combined with internet access. I predict this will occur within the next 2-3 years.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 12-21-2005 11:05 AM

Sounds good to me, but two to three years is a long time, hoping this all comes about much sooner, like tomorrow. What a New Year that would be.

DesertOfTheSea
Pirate

Post by DesertOfTheSea » 12-21-2005 03:51 PM

My guess is Art will start a network where he'll do a few shows a month and the rest of the time will be devoted to Whitley's Dreamland, Rense and other programs of similar subject matter as well. I also believe that Art will give us all of his broadcast.com programs again. I think he's finding a way to get access to all of them. The shows are just sitting on a server or harddrive somewhere waiting to surface again, I can feel it.

Chas

moonchild2
Pirate

Post by moonchild2 » 12-21-2005 05:03 PM

Unless you have a good source for this info then I think you are wishful thinking!

Art will be 63 or 64 in 2 to 3 years. As he has substantially downgraded his time on the air now, I hardly think he would delve into a new show of such a magnitude at an older time in his life.

If he doesn't do it soon then I think we can safely say goodbye to our beloved Art. All good things must come to an end.

Waverider
Pirate

Post by Waverider » 12-21-2005 11:15 PM

"My guess is satellite radio combined with internet access. I predict this will occur within the next 2-3 years."

That would be nice... But', I wouldn't count on it...
Unless of course he does the Bob Dylan thing, when he's sixty four...
Yes' Art, we'll still love you when you're sixty-four...;)

Bob73
Pirate

Re: How To know When Art Is Free

Post by Bob73 » 12-30-2005 09:41 PM

Originally posted by bupper1

My guess is satellite radio combined with internet access. I predict this will occur within the next 2-3 years.

IF Art Bell is tired of doing the program and says goodbye is there
someone who you would like to see do the Paranormal Talk Show from
Satellite radio? Someone like Art;who has a command of the english
language,knew what questions to ask, who had a hands-on radio
experience background like Art has. Who would you choose?
Bob73

gershwin
Pirate

Post by gershwin » 01-03-2006 12:51 AM

Good question Bob. I don't know right this moment but one thing is for sure - almost ANYONE else would have a better command of the English language and I KNOW that anyone else would ask better interview questions than what we're getting know. I find it amazing that, laying half asleep at night, I find myself actually getting embarrassed at the questions being asked of C2C guests.

Aperson
Pirate

Post by Aperson » 01-10-2006 11:58 AM

I think Art ever coming back full time in any form is wishful thinking. He hasn't really been doing a full time gig consistanly for years now. I think he likes the ability to step up the mic every now and then when he feels like it, but regardless of any legal situation he is dealing with (which I believe is fictional at this point) I don't think we are going to be hearing much more of Art in the future than we are now.

I hope I'm wrong of course.

Graphix Girl
Pirate

Post by Graphix Girl » 01-10-2006 06:11 PM

I hope your wrong. I think he will naturally gravitite to what he is most comfortable doing and that has always been radio. Read his book "The Art of Talk" and I think you will agree.
Change is inevitable - except from a vending machine. -Robert C. Gallagher

Louis P.
Pirate

Post by Louis P. » 01-10-2006 06:33 PM

I don't think Art will do a full time gig ever again either. I am just glad to know he is coming back to c2c. I thought he would be so devistated that he would retier. Not ol' Art!!;)

Patty
Pirate

Reason?

Post by Patty » 01-11-2006 04:12 PM

I don't know Art and didn't know Ramona personally except that of course I thought they would have been wonderful people to have as friends. I, as most all of you, only knew the radio personas and dearly loved them in that respect. They always were upfront and honest. And people who love cats as they do MUST be great people. Anyway, what I am trying to get to is the feeling I have that this was not entirely unexpected for our dear radio friends Art and Ramona. It is much too personal and would not have been disclosed to us. Of course, that would be appropriate. My feeling is that Art and Ramona knew this was coming and that may be the reason for all the on again, off again, retirements. He, as we all know, would have wanted to spend as much time with his beloved Ramona as humanly possible. He did tell us at one point that he wanted to spend more time with family and they traveled alot but not too much anymore to the distant lands they once did. Her passing may have been a complete surprise to us, but perhaps not as complete to them. Art has a personal life and usually protected it adamantly. Anyway, this is only my feeling and I wanted to share it with you. So many times we felt left in the dark and confused about his behavior, and this could be the reason. We tend to obsess, and forget he is, in actuality, not a family member or personal friend of ours. He feels like he is at times, which is warm and fuzzy, but in the real world he is not. It was not our business to know, way too personal. I DO NOT want to start any stupid rumors, please understand, I just had to get this thought out of my head and share it with you all. Please, don't anyone get angry with me. I mean no disrespect to anyone, if I have offended ANYONE, it is not done purposely, maybe I did not fully explain what I am trying to say. I'm not the best at putting my thoughts into written words. Prayers and love to Art and Ramona

DesertOfTheSea
Pirate

Post by DesertOfTheSea » 01-11-2006 05:05 PM

I think you did a great job expressing your thoughts.

Chas

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 01-11-2006 05:42 PM

Patty that was fine, and a perceptive thought.

Now is the time for grieving for Art.

Hopefully his love of radio will help him through the long days ahead and KNYE is a good place for him to start. Then there will be that very hard time when he comes on the air on C2C to tell us his feelings. It is a courageous thing that he has said he wishes to speak to his audience in his own time. We are very privledged to be able to hear his thoughts in his own words. He feels his audience is important and he knows we send our love and admiration for both him and Ramona.

We love you Art and you are family.

Sunriser
Pirate

Post by Sunriser » 01-11-2006 11:41 PM

For my very first post here I would like to say Hello to you all. I'm just sorry I found you under these circumstances.
The morning after Romona died I was scrambling to find out what happened and discovered you.
I have been an ART student since the early 90's and let me say I truely feel the loss of Ramona.
Patty I agree that this wasn't something that was a complete suprise. There have been a few close calls over the years.
But I must disagree when you say Art and Ramona are not friends or family. I feel very differently. Art does understand what kind of relationship he has forged in most of our hearts as they were words he spoke himself many times, letting us know that he was as thankful for us being out here as we are for him being there. Those are words spoken by a friend, those are words spoken by a family member, no matter how strange this family is.
As disfunctional as we may appear at times I think we make a pretty good family ;)
The Key to flexability is indecision

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”