Rest in Peace Ramona Bell

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

everaftergirl
Pirate

Post by everaftergirl » 01-08-2006 01:06 AM

I haven't been here in a long time, but when I heard the news about Ramona, it seemed the only place to be. :(

It will be a difficult road for Art now, but hopefully through our thoughts and prayers, he will eventually find strength to carry on.

Art, if you ever read this...My heart goes out to you...
Ramona is still with you...
You will be reunited in the Afterlife someday...
Meantime you can communicate with her in the dream state. Watch for signs from her in the waking hours as well.

I will keep you in my prayers,

Amanda Taylor

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 01-08-2006 01:30 AM

A Great Love
Author Unknown

Once upon a time,
There was an island where all the feelings lived: Happiness, Sadness, Vanity, Knowledge, Richness and Love.

Theirs was a contented existence until one day to everyone's dismay it was discovered that the island was sinking. Everyone was told they must leave. So the feelings all prepared their boats and started leaving their beloved island.

Love was the only one who stayed, behind. Love so cared for the island home that he wanted to stay until they were sure the island was really sinking.

When Love realized that the island was finally sinking, he decided to ask for help.

Richness was passing by Love in a beautiful boat. Love said, "Richness, can you take me with you?" Richness answered, "No, I can't. There are a lot of gold and silver in my boat. There is no room in here for you."

Love decided to ask Vanity who was also passing by, "Vanity, please help me!"

"I can't help you Love. You are all wet and will damage my boat," Vanity answered.

Sadness was close by so Love asked for help, "Sadness, let me go with you." "Oh...Love, I am so sad that I can't help anyone. I prefer to go alone!"

Happiness passed by Love too. She was too happy to notice when Love called her!

Suddenly, there was a voice, "Come Love, I will take you." It was an elderly man.

Love became very happy that he even forgot to ask the name of the elder. When they arrived to safe grounds, Love asked Knowledge who was the elderly man.

"It was Time."

"Time? But why did Time help me?"

"Because only Time is capable of understanding such a great Love."

~~~

Art,

Words cannot express my heart felt sympathy for you, your family and friends. A world of dreamers and visionaries are with you in spirit, aching for you in this, your time of loss. May the fact that millions of us are grieving with you help you to find comfort now and in the days ahead.

Hope
Peace
Renewal

Iris
We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

Atouk
Pirate

Post by Atouk » 01-08-2006 02:00 AM

Hey all, I was going through my archived shows and found this from January, 2005. I thought you might all like to see this picture of Ramona from when she was 18.

stay safe, everyone
Doug Yeomans (Atouk)

The_One
Pirate

Post by The_One » 01-08-2006 02:50 AM

I am feeling so conflicted tonight. On the one hand, I am so very sorry for Art's loss. And yet, there is some measure of peace in the knowledge that our sister Ramona is with God and in a much happier and better place. Art: If you read this, know that she is safe and you will be together again. In the meantime, look for signs and messages from her in the natural world around you. Look to the wonders of the desert and the creatures around you and expect miracles. You will find them and know that she is with you... always.

I am reminded of a beautiful song by Beth Nielsen Chapman that always helps to bring me comfort. I hope it will do the same for you...

Say Goodnight:

Say goodnight not good-bye
You will never leave my heart behind
Like the path of a star
I'll be anywhere you are

In the spark that lies beneath the coals
In the secret place inside your soul
Keep my light in your eyes

Don't you fear when you dream
Waking up is never what it seems
Like a jewel buried deep
Like a promise meant to keep

You are everything you want to be
So just let your heart reach out to me
I'll be right by your side

You are everything you want to be
So just let your heart reach out to me
Keep my light in your eyes
~*~*~*~*~*
Kacy C.
"Believe those who are seeking truth, doubt those who find it."
...Andre' Gide

Spencer

Post by Spencer » 01-08-2006 04:00 AM

I would like to dedicate these three pieces of music to Art and Ramona.

Luke and Adele from "The Majestic"

I Remember You from "The Majestic"

This speaks for itself

Al Bowman
Pirate

Post by Al Bowman » 01-08-2006 01:06 PM

Hi, I have not been here for quite a while but had to post something after hearing this horrible news. I cannot imagine what Art is going thru right now. Art and Ramona were never without each other and it is going to really tough for Art in the coming weeks and months. I will keep both he and Ramona in my prayers. This was just a complete shock and the worst kind of news.

seattlegal
Pirate

Post by seattlegal » 01-08-2006 05:51 PM

What can I say about a tragedy such as the passing of Ramona Bell? I was shocked beyond words when I first learned about it. Now, having has a few days to contemplate and to gather my words, I offer my empathy to Art and the rest of her family, including the audience of C2CAM. Her passing sent shockwaves of grief around the world.

There was something special about Ramona. You could actually feel her presence in the background when Art broadcast his shows from their home studio. You could unmistakenly hear her glowing presence shining through the inflections of Art's voice, which was then beamed through the airwaves to millions of listeners around the world. This special quality was always there, and was a real treat for the audience.

More than anything else, Ramona Bell demonstrated how our attitudes affect everyone else around us, or the "Mass Consciousness," as is referred to on C2CAM. The very love and caring affection that was so much a part of her was being transmitted through Art's voice and into our hearts. Of all the many subjects covered by C2CAM, this one special element, ever so subtly, served to remind us all about what is truly important. We may not be able to tangibly measure it, but the effect Ramona had on the rest of the world is very real, to which many C2CAM listeners are sure to testify.

I feel priviledged to have had the opportunity to experience her radiant personality through my radio. Bless her.
Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will.
-- Yoda

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 01-08-2006 06:05 PM

seattlegal what a beautiful tribute to Ramona, thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Shirley

mudwoman
Pirate

Post by mudwoman » 01-08-2006 06:12 PM

seattlegal wrote: What can I say about a tragedy such as the passing of Ramona Bell? I was shocked beyond words when I first learned about it. Now, having has a few days to contemplate and to gather my words, I offer my empathy to Art and the rest of her family, including the audience of C2CAM. Her passing sent shockwaves of grief around the world.

There was something special about Ramona. You could actually feel her presence in the background when Art broadcast his shows from their home studio. You could unmistakenly hear her glowing presence shining through the inflections of Art's voice, which was then beamed through the airwaves to millions of listeners around the world. This special quality was always there, and was a real treat for the audience.

More than anything else, Ramona Bell demonstrated how our attitudes affect everyone else around us, or the "Mass Consciousness," as is referred to on C2CAM. The very love and caring affection that was so much a part of her was being transmitted through Art's voice and into our hearts. Of all the many subjects covered by C2CAM, this one special element, ever so subtly, served to remind us all about what is truly important. We may not be able to tangibly measure it, but the effect Ramona had on the rest of the world is very real, to which many C2CAM listeners are sure to testify.

I feel priviledged to have had the opportunity to experience her radiant personality through my radio. Bless her.
Seattle, this is perfect, just perfect. You said everything I clumsily tried to say, and much more, with lovely eloquence. Thank you so very much for giving voice to your feelings, and sharing them with us.

Paradoxx
Pirate

Post by Paradoxx » 01-08-2006 08:19 PM

^ Totally agree.

alfa119
Pirate

Post by alfa119 » 01-08-2006 10:13 PM

I think I will mostly forget Ramona's Soft sweet voice on the radio... as she talked about the man she loved so much..

I will miss hearing her voice, and how she made every moment of Art's live so happy and full of life..

Ramona, We love you and will miss you.

Art, this song is a song I chose for you as my way of saying how we all feel... and we know how you feel.

http://www.panacheweb.net/ramonabell_tr ... Enough.mp3

This second song is for you Art. Ramona is your angel, for all time she was then and still is now, your angel.

Josh Groban - To Where You Are

God Speed,

Alfa119, Max from Canada

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 01-08-2006 11:23 PM

Ramona is a special soul who now is watching over Art through this difficult time and always.

Art we feel your pain. You are our family as Ramona is........her light is shining brightly for you, remember her words to you....until you meet again.
Last edited by tiffany on 01-08-2006 11:26 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Saharaka
Pirate

Post by Saharaka » 01-09-2006 12:03 AM

Alfa that was one of the most beautiful and thoughtful songs I have ever heard. I cannot belive how difficult emotionally Ramona's death has been. She was so special and generous. She never seemed to resent sharing Art with all his fans. (Although I do believe she had a way of bringing things into perspective for Art when it came to choosing priorities). I am now ashamed that I felt cheated when Art cut back on his radio time to spend time with Ramona and enjoy his semi-retirement. Thank God he did. Things will never be the same without Ramona's energy. I will miss her and pray for her and Art.

Saharaka
Creature of the desert

"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing plaid with stripes comes easy."

slacker
Pirate

Post by slacker » 01-09-2006 05:31 AM

I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

Ginger
Pirate

hello

Post by Ginger » 01-09-2006 07:10 AM

have not been here in awhile
just want to say hello to everyone and God bless

just so saddened by dear Ramona's passing

we all loved her

ginger

amanda...good to see you here been a long time
ginger
"it's off to see the wizard the wonderful wizard of art!!, wanna take a ride????"

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”