What now my love......

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

THE DAYSTAR
Pirate

What now my love......

Post by THE DAYSTAR » 01-10-2006 12:02 AM

I know there are people out there who will understand this post and respond to it. Maybe some will not, and also respond. I will try to put into print the feelings that overcame me when I heard of Ramona's death.

I stopped breathing.... I literally mean that....my eyes welled up, and I could not focus, and I was paralyzed. My mind raced through all the loving words Art would say of Ramona, the times she came on during the show for a few minutes, the sheer delight to know that there were two people made who honestly and unconditionally loved eachother.... and now... it's gone.

I cannot imagine the gut wrenching pain Art went through. I can't imagine the hollow feeling he will have for the rest of his life. I can't imagine day after day of not hearing her voice or the love she filled the Bell house with. I can't imagine Art wandering through all his memories and seeing Ramona in every aspect of his being..... now gone.

I can imagine something else. I can almost feel it too. After I got over the shock and gathered up my thoughts I tried to put myself in Art's place. I tried to think like the man I call my friend, the man who could capture millions of people and hold them all night long.
Art Bell is not a normal person. He is not typical of mankind. Art Bell is a champion.... and as champions do.... they fall... but, they do not stay down. Art has been hit with a tragedy that would destroy most other men. I see him as a man who will get up, heal his wound, and realize that his first true love is no longer here. He will however look to his second love....... His Baby.

I believe that through tragedy, Art will rise again and come back to his second love..... his baby...... his show and his second family.... all of us who love and admire him.

Stay strong Art..... I think Ramona would want you to come back too.

TSW
Pirate

Post by TSW » 01-13-2006 07:55 PM

d@mn.

That was magical. And true. And Nothing I can say can add anything to it.

Best --
<div align="right"><font size="3">*~~Teri</div></font>
<div align="right"><font size="2">I speak, therefore I am ... </div

fbg
Pirate

Post by fbg » 01-13-2006 08:02 PM

he wanted to take time off to spend more free time with her. now he must feel like he's got all the time in the world.

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 01-13-2006 10:44 PM

TSW wrote: And Nothing I can say can add anything to it.

Same.
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 01-14-2006 05:47 PM

The Day* I agree that Art is a winner and will ultimately land on his feet after a time, radio will be his salvation in the days to come. I re-watched the interview that Art did with Larry King and he stated that radio was in his blood and that he could never give it up.

Yes I do understand.:)

Graphix Girl
Pirate

Post by Graphix Girl » 01-15-2006 01:04 AM

Thank God Art went with his heart and put his radio career on hold while he spent most of his free time with the love of his life. I'm sure he has no regrets. They did as much together as two people could. They packed 30 years into 15. Art must have known on some level that his radio career could wait. I'm glad he did it, even though I would have loved to hear him on the radio more often.
Change is inevitable - except from a vending machine. -Robert C. Gallagher

Katia
Pirate

Post by Katia » 01-15-2006 05:15 PM

The older I get, the deeper I realize and appreciate how unpredictable and short life is…and how, sometimes, devastatingly brutal it can be. I can’t imagine anything more brutal to happen to Art. The love and devotion they had for one another was unmistakable…and a rarity. Ramona was a rarity. One of a handful of people I can think of who positively shined…a beautiful, beautiful woman.

I am relieved to read that Art has had friends and family with him. I do hope that radio, even if just through his HAM activities and friends, he can find some comfort. My heart is with you, Art.
Same as it ever was.

Paradoxx
Pirate

Post by Paradoxx » 01-15-2006 10:19 PM

^^Likewise!

bupper1
Pirate

Daystar

Post by bupper1 » 01-17-2006 08:41 AM

Yep...I couldn't have said it better myself.

Yes...what is Art going to do with himself now? It's no longer a question of choosing his wife over his radio time therefore I too believe he will be back.

It's a hell of a terrible way to get him back though. I would have preferred to never hear him on the radio again rather than see him go through something like this.
Last edited by bupper1 on 01-17-2006 08:49 AM, edited 1 time in total.

THE DAYSTAR
Pirate

Phoenix rising......

Post by THE DAYSTAR » 01-17-2006 11:37 AM

I do not claim to be a remote viewer... a sage... a prophet... a fortune teller.... but, over the past 54 years I have been able to see through tragedy.

I will not go into my personal situations, however I do know the "core" of Art Bell. I share the same attitude towards life that I believe Art posesses. This man will rise like a Phoenix.... and literally burn through the fog and sadness and become even bigger than he originally was.

I can't wait to hear him on the next show.... I only hope that he has had time to sort through his emotions and collect his thoughts and memories. I have a feeling this show is destined to become Art's greatest ever. I also believe that this is THE show that will ultimately tell us where the "Bell Tolls".

Keep plenty of Kleenex ready kids.... I think it will be a gut wrencher.

p.s. Shame on Noory and his cronies..... this I believe is the ultimate insult to Art, to casually treat the death of the "wind" of what made Art Bell the master of radio.

Prker
Pirate

Re: Phoenix rising......

Post by Prker » 01-17-2006 01:55 PM

THE DAYSTAR wrote: p.s. Shame on Noory and his cronies..... this I believe is the ultimate insult to Art, to casually treat the death of the "wind" of what made Art Bell the master of radio.

I agree with you DayStar!

I just can't wait for the day Art comes back *full force*

It will definitely be one for ~ Ramona ~

fbg
Pirate

Post by fbg » 01-17-2006 08:36 PM

daystar, thank you for your post. you are right on target. just viewing his webcam photo makes me blue.

i have to say that i was totally insulted too by the c to c homepage but didn't have anyone to discuss it with so I thought it was just me.

I hope Art does his own show again someday. Even if it's just one weekend a month. i'll ditch coast to coast in a heartbeat and pay Art whatever monthly sum he asks. Art's the only reason i subscript to streamlink.

whitley is a doll for keeping us up to date and for being there for art.

THE DAYSTAR
Pirate

ditto's to the pay per and The Whit.!!

Post by THE DAYSTAR » 01-18-2006 09:42 PM

I find it amazing that in a time of deep sorrow, your true and trusted friends show up. Thanks Whit for being there for Art, and most of all thanks for being there for us.

I feel like I known these people all my life.... better than my siblings, (have to admit tho that I haven't read any of my sib's books.... not that they ever wrote any either).... Ha Ha...

But seriously, isn't it amazing that we as a group of people who share one thing.... the respect and admiration of Art, are all like one big family.... and we are even consoling eachother as we post and read.

I don't know of any other form of media out there that has as much committment from it's fans than Art and HIS SHOWS..... I could lose all the xm/am/fm/cable shows and not miss a beat, compared to what CTC aka Art Bell has done and hopefully will DO AGAIN !!!!

meantime..... waiting for Art's next show.... chewing my nails, and praying that he is well.....

Ziroc
Pirate

My prayers are for you

Post by Ziroc » 01-19-2006 11:55 PM

When I heard, I too froze. I play lots of online RPG's like World of Warcraft, and was playing when I heard the replay on smeter. I stopped playing, and just didn't feel like it. I felt depressed and just was down for a few days.

I don't look up to many people, my parents have passed, and now Art is who I look up to. I want to be like him when I'm 60. He is up to date on everything, knows all about PC's, radios, current news and all the stuff I enjoy too. Very intelligent person. And beyond that, a friendly, loving, caring person.

This is one time I shed tears for someone I never met, yet feel as though he is a close friend. Same for Ramona.

I could visualize him waking up, finding Ramona, a desperately trying to wake her, then sitting there all alone, in shock.

One moment you're life is going great, and the next second, it's hell. Make sure to tell your loved ones you love them every day, for you never know what could happen the time they walk out the door.

I could also see Art coming home from the funeral to a lonely silence in his home. Not hearing the pots and pans clanking, or the water running in the background. I know this pain myself, and it cuts like a knife. Time will heal you Art, but you will always remember. She will be there for you when your time has come to join her.

I was born late in my parents life. I am 34, and my dad died at 75 in 1993. And listening to you nightly for 13 years now, you have, in a odd way, become a father figure to me. I know it sounds odd, but you remind me of my dad.

I am so deeply sorry for your incredible loss my friend. Know that I am sending you prayers daily.

PS: Word of advice. Stay active. Get out some, hang out with friends, and keep it up. This WILL help you through the pain.

Maybe turn artbell.com into a shrine for Ramona? With a area for everyone that wrote letters or whatnot?

Dan Huling
Ziroc™
"I thought there was no Chill town!" - Howie Gordon - BB6/BB7 AS

THE DAYSTAR
Pirate

good post Ziroc...

Post by THE DAYSTAR » 01-21-2006 01:22 PM

As I sat and read the posts of Art returning with more airtime, I had a little smile and actually a sigh of relief. I posted back at the beginning of this thread that Art would return, and even felt a little guilty about posting it at the time. I did preface it with a note of "some will understand and some not".... however, I feel like I know Art as well as anybody else who has a radiolationship with him.

Ziroc, you are a typical Bell fan. I myself am really a loner type guy like Art. I think that "loner" type people are more apt to use sadness or obstacles to become more aggressive in their goals. It's odd cause I have seven children and there is NEVER a dull moment in the Daystar house.

However, I relish the thought of driving my coach down some moonlit highway with my headphones on listening on the XM to Art.... just me and him and the glow of the control panel. I find that loners are more capable of "moving on" from personal tragedy too.

Mark my words...... this is a HUGE turning point in Art's life and we are going to witness firsthand what will be..... and despite the loss of Ramona..... Art will be back with a bigger and better show.

PS.... this is hysterical.... as I was posting this.... the fire system activated here in the house. It seems that my son Jeremy who is also a whacked out weirdo.... which is the way I describe World of Warcraft players..... put four eggs in a pot, and went to his computer to play WOW..... well the water boiled out and 2 of the eggs exploded....and filled the kitchen with an obscene smell. Like I said.... NEVER a dull moment in the Daystar House.

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”