A message from Whitley' and Art will be on the air' Jan. 22'

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

mudwoman
Pirate

Re: Re: SETIsLady

Post by mudwoman » 01-17-2006 06:53 PM

Live365 wrote: The advertisement for "Predictions with George Noory" has been up on the C2C site for a month now, but as of 1/17 PM, still no announcement that Art will return Sunday night. Which to me and many, is huge news. Worthy of a blurb of some kind, no?

It took me a while to get there, but it's no longer deniable. C2C "belongs" to someone else now. I just feel for the folks who rely on that site for information, and are unaware of the other sources.
There isn't even a blurb about the 22nd on the' About Art' section.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 01-17-2006 07:01 PM

Mudwoman did you really expect there would be, the weekends shows are put up on Thursday, usually late in the day. It is obvious that Noory and PredRad do not care.

mudwoman
Pirate

Post by mudwoman » 01-17-2006 07:22 PM

Shirleypal wrote: Mudwoman did you really expect there would be, the weekends shows are put up on Thursday, usually late in the day.
Maybe they will post it then?
Originally posted by Shirleypal
It is obvious that Noory and PredRad do not care.
I guess that about answers my question. It just makes me sad that now, of all times, they are continuing to give Art the bum's rush out the back door, like nothing happened. It is a clear illustration that corporations are made up of heartless bastards. What is wrong with George, I haven't a clue. I thought he had more of a heart. He is loopy and ill informed (and more), to be sure, but I thought he had more heart than he has shown through out this whole ordeal. This disappoints me.

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 01-17-2006 07:34 PM

Shirleypal wrote: the weekends shows are put up on Thursday, usually late in the day.

This is a good point, but I was more thinking along the lines of an actual announcement, you know? More than just the weekend line-up, but a special headline.

I am disappointed in George as well, MW, but I still hang on to my little conviction that he's doing what he's told. Agree with the rest. I have never seen more harsh evidence that "Art Bell is on his way out" (makes me want to puke to write that) than in these last three weeks.

God. The world is ending, isn't it.
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 01-17-2006 07:38 PM

I'm glad to know that Art will return on the 22nd, and will be listening.

Thank you for posting this, Wave, and my thanks to Anne & Whitley for putting this information out there for all of us.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 01-17-2006 10:08 PM

Quoting Live365

"I am disappointed in George as well, MW, but I still hang on to my little conviction that he's doing what he's told. Agree with the rest. I have never seen more harsh evidence that "Art Bell is on his way out" (makes me want to puke to write that) than in these last three weeks."

Don't see how you can defend him even a little bit, he does have a mouth doesn't he, maybe he is afriad of his job now as he well should be.

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 01-17-2006 10:35 PM

Shirleypal,

I see him as a man, caught in a situation, that he thought was his Destiny, but now can't control.

I can relate.

But given that I can relate, I also feel the conviction that these decisions of late were NOT his. But of those who sign his paycheck.

George has given it up MANY times to Art. Art picked George because he "got it".

Meanwhile, we all sit here screwed. The fault, for me, is with Prem-Rat. Twenty-somethings that think they rule the world with other twenty-somethings listening.

And here we all sit.

I appreciate yer letting me respond, Shirleypal. Art will be back Sunday night. Will look forward to your posts.
Last edited by Live365 on 01-17-2006 10:38 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Prker
Pirate

Post by Prker » 01-17-2006 11:01 PM

I'm really not into bashing, but I would like to voice my disapproval of George.

The other night while listening to C2C, a replay, a guy called in
and one of the first things he said was to send his sympathies to Art over the loss of his Dear Ramona. George all but ignored what the caller said, and the guy had to launch right into why he called.

I can't tell you the shock that I actually felt go through my whole body.
Telling miyself, No, It just couldn't be true. Needless to say,
I turned C2C off, and got on this computer, to see if it was true.

George may feel unstable about his job, but Art never did!
As his book states, Art was "The Art of Talk", and still is!

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 01-17-2006 11:49 PM

Let's send Art encouraging and uplifting messages during his time on the air. We need to do what we can. Maybe a ....we are with you Art....all the way...kinda messages.

Graphix Girl
Pirate

Post by Graphix Girl » 01-18-2006 12:16 AM

I heard George mention Arts return about 15 minutes into the show last night. He said that there would be an announcement on Thursday as to when Art would return. No date was given. Amazing...nothing on the website either. Maybe Art wanted the announcement delayed for some reason.
Change is inevitable - except from a vending machine. -Robert C. Gallagher

Dynja
Pirate

Post by Dynja » 01-18-2006 12:19 AM

Graphix Girl wrote: I heard George mention Arts return about 15 minutes into the show last night. He said that there would be an announcement on Thursday as to when Art would return. No date was given. Amazing...nothing on the website either. Maybe Art wanted the announcement delayed for some reason.

And yet...it was already posted on the Unknown Country site. So why not on the C2CAM site?

starrmtn001
Jester Mod

Post by starrmtn001 » 01-18-2006 12:29 AM

Dynja wrote: And yet...it was already posted on the Unknown Country site. So why not on the C2CAM site?

Perhaps it is a small part of what I mentioned this morning. I'm beginning to think I may be a prodigal daughter here.

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 01-18-2006 12:53 AM

:)

Please clarify what you mentioned this morning. Not all of us have seen it! And now...tick, tick, tick. "This morning" is yesterday. Please clarify.

P.S. Thank you for your comments on Water.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 01-18-2006 01:40 AM

Art Bell's retirement, return to weekend programming, and then, reduced schedule were always his own choice. He was never run out on a rail by Premrad. This sort of speculation is demeaning to Art.

Art stated he wanted to retire to spend more of his time with Ramona, family and friends, kitties, KNYE FM station and other pursuits. There were other considerations, probably medical benefits - that come with continued employment. These are all personal details we do not need to be privy to.

We also heard Art wished to handle any announcement of Ramona's passing, tributes to her, and any further mention on coast to coast am - in his own way and on his own terms.

Not saying that Premrad/CC - and whomever - are not crass, but there is more to this story that we do not know, nor do we need to know, except what Art wants to convey to us - his audience - in his own way and in his own time.

That's my take on this. Dunno.

MAD
Pirate

ART, HAS RADIO TO DO!

Post by MAD » 01-18-2006 03:37 AM

Linnea, I agree with you, Art is doing things in his own way.

I want to quote, something I said on 22 August 2003 to Art on the thread Mysterious and Reassuring".........

"I want to be the first to tell you, I would like to see you inducted into the...

RADIO HALL OF FAME!

In fact, I believe, we would all be happy to see that happen!"

This may be something, that Art may not aspire to, but it certainly could be something in his future! If he continues in Radio, which he loves.....he just may be inducted into the Hall of Fame!

We know he qualifies!
Last edited by MAD on 01-18-2006 03:40 AM, edited 1 time in total.
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein ~

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”