why is the "Art's New Wife" thread closed?

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 04-18-2006 11:04 AM

Dale O Sea wrote: think pink
dotcosm wrote: but... but what does that mean???
[size=0]"Question everything, especially your media and their motives. -Me[/size]

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 04-18-2006 11:16 AM

:D
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 04-18-2006 11:16 AM

People attack me because they do not like what I say or the way in which I say it. And their hostility is perfectly justified, since --- if they do not drive me away --- I will slowly and methodically destroy their entire world.
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

Ziroc
Pirate

Post by Ziroc » 04-18-2006 11:26 AM

Here is something... How will he deal with the delay now with every guest? ISDN has a delay from there at about 3 seconds. Can be a problem..

Just wondering if they thought this through.

After a few Months, Art will 'calm down' and then what? No ham radio, no nothing really... He will get bored. I know him. :)
Ziroc™
"I thought there was no Chill town!" - Howie Gordon - BB6/BB7 AS

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 04-18-2006 11:40 AM

Originally posted by joequinn
People attack me because they do not like what I say or the way in which I say it. And their hostility is perfectly justified, since --- if they do not drive me away --- I will slowly and methodically destroy their entire world.

Joe, I swear.....!!! Wouldn't have missed you for the entire world.
:)

{{{yah. Late for werk. :rolleyes: }}}

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 04-18-2006 11:57 AM

I thought Sunday's show was interesting. First his house alarm went off four beeps worth. He said it was the wind. Never heard that dessert wind do that before. Then a sound over the air a muffling kinda weird sound, he said nothing, yet he has always been very concerned about the quality of sound on the air, then his atomic clock stopped and he said that was impossible and asked Doom if he did it........asked Doom again if he did it and said it's impossible to have stopped. I thought is he thinking what I was thinking. He came back from break and said well the clock after break is now working again. I could hear his wonderment in his voice.

When Ramona died some guy in OR called Pahrump police and they came to Art's door during the show and set off his alarm.

Both times the alarm went off it happened late into his show.

Art said both night's I asked Ramona to kick my a** if this is not right. On Sunday before those three things happened Art said this.

Now maybe she was trying, as on another forum stated, to tell him to stop something by stopping the clock, or just was saying hi.....or just a coincidence.........but is there such a thing.

Anyway I found it very interesting that his alarm had gone off twice while on the air since Ramona's passing.

My aunt had the old metal alarm clock which went off and a music box go off while we were going thru her things in her house after her passing. There were two arguing over things when this occurred. All concerned knew that it had to be that because these things were not the kind of thing that would have done that the way it happened.

So maybe Ramona was saying hi..........or who knows or maybe just coincidence.........
Last edited by tiffany on 04-18-2006 12:00 PM, edited 1 time in total.

snowbird
Pirate

Post by snowbird » 04-18-2006 12:29 PM

joequinn wrote: People attack me because they do not like what I say or the way in which I say it. And their hostility is perfectly justified, since --- if they do not drive me away --- I will slowly and methodically destroy their entire world.

Be afraid.... be very afraid....

snowbird:D

TSW
Pirate

Post by TSW » 04-18-2006 12:40 PM

hidys,

I hadn't listened to the Sunday show so I hadn't known about the clock stopping, the alarm going off, etc., but in my own opinion, this is classic ghost communication stuff. And if the song "Cold As Ice" was part of that, I'm thinking Ramona might not be a happy camper.

When my grandmother died, it took awhile, but she got very very active. I can't remember just how long it took, but of the things that became a regular happenstance (ghostly figures, moving objects, and much more) one was an old clock my grandfather had being "fiddled" with.

It was ancient, and had long been broke, but when the daughter she loved most was coming for an unexpected visit, it would start ticking five minutes before she would arrive, and stop at her first knock on the door. And this happened every time.

As for the alarm, my father died January 9th, 1990, and his first grandchild was born in late March of the same year. Shortly after he was up and crawling around, we had to pull the batteries out of all of his touch sensitive toys as they kept going off. Two in particular played constantly ... though when moved to another house they worked fine.

I think it takes a while for a ghost to be able to affect things in some cases. At least that's been my own experience.

Art maybe in for more ghostly activity in the future.
<div align="right"><font size="3">*~~Teri</div></font>
<div align="right"><font size="2">I speak, therefore I am ... </div

Harmoniman
Pirate

Post by Harmoniman » 04-18-2006 12:58 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by joequinn

The continual obsessing about Art’s recent marriage is yet another sign to me that quite a number of people on The Fantastic Forum do not have lives --- much less ideas --- of their own and live vicariously through gossip and speculation on the lives of other people.

Fantastic forum has many outlets, Joe, including the Paranormal People Magazine.:D
Have you noticed how people's intellectual curiosity declines sharply the moment
they start waving guns about? Doctor Who

dotcosm
Pirate

Post by dotcosm » 04-18-2006 01:30 PM

And I really am not going to belabor the point, because 2 days of this was enough already for me, however let's consider just a couple of points:

1) knowing what we know of Ramona, she'd likely stay involved in Art's life from the other side, at least on some level

2) Art was looking for a sign from her

3) there are dozens or hundreds or thousands of people online posting very cautionary things

4) perhaps *we* are the medium?

Then should we keep quiet?

Just a thought.

edited to add: Art apparently said something about asking her to "kick his ass" if she disapproved -- I'd say some of us here and elsewhere have been doing exactly that haven't we?
Last edited by dotcosm on 04-18-2006 01:33 PM, edited 1 time in total.

mudwoman
Pirate

Post by mudwoman » 04-18-2006 02:29 PM

dotcosm wrote: And I really am not going to belabor the point, because 2 days of this was enough already for me, however let's consider just a couple of points:

1) knowing what we know of Ramona, she'd likely stay involved in Art's life from the other side, at least on some level

3) there are dozens or hundreds or thousands of people online posting very cautionary things

Just a thought.

edited to add: Art apparently said something about asking her to "kick his ass" if she disapproved -- I'd say some of us here and elsewhere have been doing exactly that haven't we?
After mulling all of this over for days, reading many, many posts, articles and the like, and reflecting on my own feelings, this concept is the most insightful one I have come across, and should be considered IMHO.

L
S

moonchild2
Pirate

Post by moonchild2 » 04-18-2006 03:28 PM

mudwoman wrote: LOL :D Good one!

The issue of the international bride brokerage business supplying child brides to rich American men is an important one. I have been talking about the trafficking of human beings for years, and I didn't need to see it in a movie. (Sorry, I don't mean to sound flippant.)

S

I was all for Art marrying as he is 60 but there was one thing that made me feel uncomforable during his show that night and that is he kept asking people if they had gone to the web site to see her picture. He seemed to be consumed by that fact that she is young and beautiful and said very little about what she represents as a real person. It sounded like he wanted everyone (the men anyway) to see his new trophy. I didn't care for that.

lunacat
Pirate

Post by lunacat » 04-18-2006 04:14 PM

dotcosm wrote: And I really am not going to belabor the point, because 2 days of this was enough already for me, however let's consider just a couple of points:

Just a thought.

Kinda reminds me of the scene in a movie (was it The Man with 2 Brains?) in which Steve Martin asks his dead wife to give him a sign about whether he should marry the woman he was seeing. The room was shaking, painting of dead wife spinning on the wall, and a woman's voice wailing "Nooooooooooo...Nooooooooooooo!".
Steve Martin just stands there amid a now completely trashed room and says, "Just give me a sign...any sign..."
(or was that Leslie Nielsen in something else?)

That was odd about the atomic clock stopping...and the alarm too. Heck...maybe they were signs meant for Ed...

Alien_UK
Pirate

Post by Alien_UK » 04-18-2006 04:36 PM

I extend a special thankyou to Linnea, she had a hard call to make on the said mentioned thread. The ship could have grounded on the rocks but Linnea was not having that and steered us clear to sail another day. I don’t think the Fantastic Forum is dead and will not die I believe it has a great future in other oceans that we will sail. I toast to you Linnea and the new horizons that you will steer this ship through.

Long live the Fantastic Forum, three cheers hip pip hurray……..

Sam.I'm.Not
Pirate

Post by Sam.I'm.Not » 04-18-2006 04:43 PM

Linnea is the decider, and she decides what is best. And what's best is for the Forum.;) :D :D

Spam
Life is short drink good coffee.

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”