Art doing a Coast to Coast next Friday!

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

harwar
Pirate

Post by harwar » 04-13-2003 04:15 PM

I've already cancelled EVERYTHING for next friday.As for callers just saying how much they miss Art,i think Art will say at the top of the show that he prefers people not to do that.He did it when he left(both times) and unless it serves a special purpose, i expect to hear it again.Yea, it will be great to hear "from the high desert" once again...:)
"oh my soul,your voyages have been my native land"

Malaria_Kidd
Pirate

Friday night the 18th

Post by Malaria_Kidd » 04-13-2003 04:57 PM

To all who will be listening for Art in his first reserve roll. "For whom the bell tolls" we'll listen! I miss one of Art's favs, Golden Earring's "Twilight Zone" as bumper music. The many new C2C bumper selections should be bumped. I've sent several e-mails concerning "sleeper topics" on FF and KONye. Yep,you guessed it ......they get deleted. Mainstream will always never have "all" the news. I'ts good to hear Mr. and Mrs. Bell visit and coment on this forum......Does anyone know their user names? MK I miss the deer or elk Icon..come on RC or Linnea where did it run off to. Pray for all US troops, sailors, and airmen in harms way.

eliza_nightvoice
Pirate

Post by eliza_nightvoice » 04-13-2003 07:53 PM

Rankinfile wrote: BTW, noticed that Michio Kaku is going to be on next week. He was always one of my favorite guests so I'll have to take a listen to how George interviews him.

Like a gerbal asking questions to Albert Einstein.

eliza_nightvoice
Pirate

Post by eliza_nightvoice » 04-13-2003 07:57 PM

Tucham wrote: On the ham bands tonight Art confirmed that he will be doing the show next Friday, barring anything happening to his telecomm setup in Pahrump.

Hi, Tucham.

Hmmm..... Bet there's a big storm in Pahrump just about broadcast time or the telephone gremlins are let out of their box on that Friday night.

alphacentaura
Pirate

Post by alphacentaura » 04-14-2003 12:13 AM

eliza_nightvoice wrote: Like a gerbal asking questions to Albert Einstein.
Spit coffee all over my screen & [color=deep pink]FOTCL!!!!![/color]

Sooooo true......

Conscious
Pirate

Post by Conscious » 04-14-2003 12:22 AM

I can appreciate your reaction to that one alphacentaura. I broke into a wide grin and loud chuckle on that one myself. :D

civilian
Pirate

Good Friday & Art Bell

Post by civilian » 04-14-2003 11:24 AM

I was just marking the day Art would be returning the the Coast airwaves, and it made me smile. ;)
I looks like it will be quite the occasion seeing that Mr. Bell is scheduled to be on "Good Friday".
I remember Malachi Martin once said to Art, that if he died, he would personally look after Art Bell for the rest of his days.
Seeing that the good Father didn't believe in co-incidence, I think we have been blessed.
Just a thought.
Now, tape recorders & CD burners...get ready, and here we go! :)

Air Surfer
Pirate

Post by Air Surfer » 04-14-2003 10:26 PM

Cool!

Post by Guest » 04-15-2003 12:18 PM

I noticed George Noory Monday night did not continue his "surprise" announcments about Friday night. He mentioned all of the upcoming nights guests and casually mentioned open lines for Friday night but no special host! Could that mean George changed his mind and is not taking off Friday night for Art Bell to step in?

Kevin
Pirate

Post by Kevin » 04-15-2003 12:32 PM

Or perhaps Art changed his mind.... I think he's on the road in the Bounder.

I will be listening just in case...

alphacentaura
Pirate

Post by alphacentaura » 04-15-2003 12:35 PM

Devastated wrote: I'm having a love/hate relationship with this idea.
Love because I'd love to hear Art.
Hate because he'd be back in the place where They already treated him and others rawther ****tily.:(

Dev,

I'm with you here.

Although I, along with everyone else can't wait to hear Art, I guess I'd just rather it be elsewhere than on Coast.

Almost kind of bittersweet, knowing it may likely be a one and only appearance....like going through the withdrawl and mourning process all over again.

It also really makes me extremely angry to think that Art's appearance will give the much needed shot to Coasts ratings.

However, as others' have said, Art is meticulous in his vision and direction, therefore this has to be 'part of the plan'.

Hope we'll know more after the Friday broadcast.

Rankinfile
Pirate

Post by Rankinfile » 04-15-2003 12:47 PM

Still no 'official' announcement from Snoory. Last night I heard him announce Friday's program as simply 'open lines'. Of course, I only tuned in for about five minutes. Anyone else hear anything official?

alphacentaura
Pirate

Post by alphacentaura » 04-15-2003 01:19 PM

Rankinfile wrote: Still no 'official' announcement from Snoory. Last night I heard him announce Friday's program as simply 'open lines'. Of course, I only tuned in for about five minutes. Anyone else hear anything official?

Hmmmmm....maybe that's how he's trying to boost ratings...having all the Art fans tune in, just to hear him confirm Art on Friday??!!

I heard part of last nights show while I was dosing off and usually don't pay much attention, however, I didn't hear him mention Art at all.

Tucham
Pirate

Post by Tucham » 04-15-2003 01:23 PM

I find it amusing that the official C2C website will not mention anything about Friday night yet. Looks like they are either trying to keep us all in suspense or there is some sort of process going on. I know on 3830 that Art was somewhat hesitant about the show and mentioned that the show would happen so long as he can get things set up in Pahrump.

DesertOfTheSea
Pirate

Post by DesertOfTheSea » 04-15-2003 01:42 PM

I'm just curious. If Art trully does do this coming Friday's show, would that reset the timeline on his no-compete claus? Any thought s on this would greatly help out.

Chas
#1 Art Bell Fan (in the high desert).

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”