Art doing a Coast to Coast next Friday!

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Kevin
Pirate

Post by Kevin » 04-16-2003 07:56 PM

From R&R

Art Bell Returns, To Guest-Host Coast To Coast

Premiere Radio Networks brass tell R&R that the lines are plugged in and working at the double-wide in the desert and that Bell will fill in for George Noory this Friday. The stint will mark Bell's first on-air appearance since a chronic and debilitating back problem forced him to retire as host of the program last year.

dollarmtn
Pirate

Post by dollarmtn » 04-16-2003 08:15 PM

Excuse my ignorance, but what, or who is R&R?
dollarmtn

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away. " ~ Henry David Thoreau

Kevin
Pirate

Post by Kevin » 04-16-2003 08:26 PM

Sorry, It's Radio and Records. This is one of the main publications found in the radio business.

http://www.rronline.com

Guess I've been in it too long.

Philip Lipson
Pirate

Post by Philip Lipson » 04-16-2003 08:39 PM

Special Scoop from UFO Watch Kitty

Meow!

Bring out the milk!
UFO Watch Kitty just got word that Art Bell will be on Coast to Coast
this Thursday April, 17th.
Now FantasticForum.com has been talking the last week that Art was overheard
on his ham to say he would be on Friday. Maybe he will be on both days!
We'll see!
______

HoJoLand.com
Pirate

Art Bell This Thursday says All Access

Post by HoJoLand.com » 04-16-2003 11:13 PM

The following is from AllAccess.com:

All Access Radio News/Wdnesday, April 16, 2003

The rumors are true: GEORGE NOORY's fill-in on THURSDAY's edition of PREMIERE's COAST-TO-COAST AM will be none other than the show's longtime original host ART BELL, the latter's first appearance since retiring in 2002.
HoJoLand.com

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 04-17-2003 04:26 AM

Well, it's official. George announced it tonight. Art WILL be on C2C this Friday.

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!! :D

dollyfinn
Pirate

Post by dollyfinn » 04-17-2003 05:21 AM

Sadly, this is the most exciting thing that is happening in my life right now. I was doing my paper route at 2am when George anncounced the news and I started yelling "yeah!!!" so loudly that I was affraid of waking people up. I can not wait for Friday night!

Malaria_Kidd
Pirate

"Night owl"Dollyfinn Hello from Malaria Kidd

Post by Malaria_Kidd » 04-17-2003 05:43 AM

Good AM from Tennessee the "Volunteer"state. All week long I've been telling fellow "Artaholic" truck drivers watch (listen) out for Art on Friday. They ask how I new for sure, I said Fantastic forum pirates said so. They said "Huh?" never heard of it. Dollyfinn this "puter" chimed music a little while ago notifying me of your reply here. MK the deer hunter
Last edited by Malaria_Kidd on 04-17-2003 05:49 AM, edited 1 time in total.

civilian
Pirate

Its Official - Art Bell on Friday Night!

Post by civilian » 04-17-2003 11:03 AM

This is what is currently posted on the coast website:

"Art Bell Live!
Art will be filling in for George this Friday, April 18th, as host of the show. There'll be open lines, and possibly a guest, to be announced."

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 04-17-2003 12:03 PM

I wonder who Art's guest will be! Hoagland, Dames, Strieber, Steiger, or somebody else? Time will tell, as the suspense continues.
Last edited by racehorse on 04-17-2003 12:05 PM, edited 1 time in total.
racehorse

Rankinfile
Pirate

Post by Rankinfile » 04-17-2003 12:21 PM

My guess is Dames as he is one of Art's favorite guests but who knows. It'll just be great to hear Art behind the mic again.

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 04-17-2003 12:27 PM

Originally posted by Rankinfile

It'll just be great to hear Art behind the mic again.

Exactly!
racehorse

dollyfinn
Pirate

Post by dollyfinn » 04-17-2003 12:41 PM

Last night Noory played "Some Velvet Morning" By Nancy Sinatra as his bumper music. I got all misty listening to it. It took me back to one year ago today when I was innocently listening to Art, not realizing that he was going to go away so soon.
Check out Nancy's site it is kinda cool in a kitchy sorta way:
http://www.nancysinatra.com

G

figman
Pirate

Post by figman » 04-17-2003 02:52 PM

....If on Friday night we hear..."From the high desert...."....won't our hearts just soar? - The man, the voice, the attitude!...all of which we came to love...and depend on,...NOT because we knew Art Bell from a hole in the ground- initially - but because he dealt realistically with"stuff"that , apparently, most of us couldn't find venues to encounter in our day to day lives with our friends and acquaintances.
Now- Big Money thought that " George the Snooze"could do just as good a job at this task as could a man who "CARED"- with all the prerequisite irreverance, cats occasionally walking across his keybord and a 50+ back....and they were and are very wrong in that assessment- as we - the long time listeners are well aware.....NOBODY replaces Art Bell and George the Snooze doesn't even come close.
You folks who call into C2C and assure Georgie-poo that he's doing a wonderful job of conducting this forum....should just give up, go live with your mother and give up any pretence of "thought". You are burger-flipping morons who can't tell the difference between a wrong answer and a good question.
So let's not waste Friday night with superflous kudos and Johnnie-Come-Lately suck up drivel.
Art isn't, never was and never pretended to be a "class act". He's REAL, smokes cigarettes, eats burgers, drives a gas guzzling Trans Am for fun, loves cats and knows what scares him. Georgie-poo cuts off callers with whom he disagrees....Recognize the difference and use it well on Friday night.
What emails has he goten from whom since the first of the year?
Art was " in service" to the World.
George is doing a job- poorly, sadly...and he doesn't even know it.........
Now we could pry into Art's life and ask him stuff like " So, Art, What's the real logistics in why you left the show and handed it to dufuses with dufus logistics?....we could be Entertainment Tonight or whatever.
OR- We could show him a respect that he might or might not deserve .......He started a conversation that DIDN'T EXIST ANYWHERE ELSE,,,and it was , and is, important... and NOTHING that I have found comes close to replacing the forum he single handedly constructed- George the Snooze is an insult to the concept..................
So- on Friday night , when Art is on C2C- why would we do other than use him for that for which he started this whole thing?.....if you miss and love Art Bell- recognize how and why that is so - and USE it. That's why he's there....Let's use it well.... Art- perhaps in spite of yourself you have become precious, and in whatever form you can best employ- you should come back- you are a voice that has NOT been replaced, is not otherwise encountered and that is sorely required were this World required to dare itself.... that it might grow up.
I doubt that you , in your humility, have dared to see that what you created is of that much importance- to us ALL.
Please come back to us. Your irreverance and humor has been co-opted by idiots who take themselves seriously and think that the Art Bell Show can be replaced by...airtime.
Art- autopilot doesn't get the job done. Maybe it's time to be scared ****less-again.
But who are we to require more from you?
figman

Doug
Pirate

Post by Doug » 04-17-2003 03:38 PM

ImageImage
Two thumbs up, figman!! Yes!! :D
ï'm ®ïgh‡ ߀hïÑÐ ¥Øµ!
~Doug~

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”