Art & Alex Jones?

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

IvyQ
Pirate

Post by IvyQ » 09-10-2006 09:14 PM

Ok, so I may be wrong. But I am very sure I was introduced to Alex Jones before George Noory came on the scene. Maybe it was on Renses site, who knows.... Thank you....

mudwoman
Pirate

Post by mudwoman » 09-10-2006 10:49 PM

Glamorous wrote: Alex is a profiteer bla bla...

ROFLMFAO Choke..cough...spray! The stupidity of this attack cracks me straight up!

Lemme see. My daughter is an author. I suppose she should print the books at her own expense, and give them away because, of course, she dearly wants people to learn about art history, Greek mythology, or the topic of her latest book. I'll be sure to email her, and tell her she is bad for wanting to make money (as soon as I wipe the spray off my keyboard).

When people what to discredit someone they screech the person made money on their product! They imply it is downright un American! How dare they make money selling their hard work! Imagine someone trying to support their family! (Never mind that Art sold his radio show for several million dollars, or that every author hopes to make a few dollars. No problem there.) No. If people don't like what an author, film maker or radio host says they accuse them of making money!

Well, sorry to disappoint, but I lived for years in Austin, and while I do not know Alex personally, we do have friends in common. He gets by. That's about it. He supports his wife, and small children, lives in a modest house, and wears regular clothes. His last video cost $85, 000 to make, and I sure hope he makes a few dollars on all his hard work.

I have never before heard of a movie maker or author who PLEADES every day on his radio and TV programs to make copies of his movies, and give them away for free. He even recommends that you can buy a month's subscription to his downloads for $5.95, down load ALL his movies, ebooks and video reports, give them away, then cancel the subscription if you want.

Do it. What's stopping you? http://www.prisonplanet.tv/subscribe.html :D

S
TTTM
:D :D
Last edited by mudwoman on 09-11-2006 12:00 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 09-10-2006 11:13 PM

Thanks Mudwoman, you said much better than I did, it seems that are many on this forum who don't think people should make a living from books, videos etc., yes it is true many Coast guests have books to sell and thank goodness, I have bought many of them over the years and have been educated because of it, Art just made a statement about this very thing last week, he mentioned that he been getting a lot of negative emails regarding guests selling their books and made it clear they have every right to do that and he is happy to promote them, they come on the show, don't get paid and have something important to say in most cases. I am sure George promotes his guests books also. You said it, I don't think there is any difference between going to work every day and getting paid or being a writer and getting paid. Oh and by the way no one is forcing anyone to buy these books, etc.

HB3

Post by HB3 » 09-10-2006 11:55 PM

mudwoman wrote: I suppose she should print the books at her own expense, and give them away

Actually, that's a pretty good description of the current state of publishing...

cherry
Pirate

UnHOly Fire

Post by cherry » 09-12-2006 10:37 AM

racehorse wrote: Alex Jones has NEVER been a guest of Art Bell's. I have listened to Art's shows for years and know this for certain. I also double checked with both the current "Coast to Coast" website and the guest listings from the old Keith Rowland site as presented on the "Art Bell commemorative CD" and confirmed this. I doubt very much that Jones will ever appear on the program with Art!

When Alex Jones was building the Remembrance Chapel from September 1999 to April 2000 to memorialize all those who were massacred at Mt. Carmel near Waco, Whitley Strieber was hosting Dreamland every Sunday night. I begged Whitley to interview Alex and was told that he didn't interview kooks (slang for Patriots).

9-11 changed everything.

Whitley must have talked to Art.

PrisonPlanet.net

Last edited by cherry on 09-12-2006 10:44 AM, edited 1 time in total.

IvyQ
Pirate

Post by IvyQ » 09-12-2006 06:26 PM

Thanks for this bit of information Cherry... I didn't realize.

I don't think Alex is a 'kook' in my eyes... He might sound like one with his ranting and ravings, but Alex knows his stuff. He is well informed.... too bad Whitley and possibly Art feel this way about him.

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 09-12-2006 10:01 PM

Originally posted by racehorse
Alex Jones has NEVER been a guest of Art Bell's....
After their little exchange over the phone the other night it's no wonder why..

(45 second mp3 of phone conversation attached in zip-file below)
[size=0]"Question everything, especially your media and their motives. -Me[/size]

mudwoman
Pirate

Post by mudwoman » 09-12-2006 10:13 PM

That is not the Alex voice I know. I listen to him every day on the radio, and have heard him on the telephone. It did not sound like him on either one. Besides, he is on Rense once a month, and Jeff certainly talks about flying saucers. Also Alex has a new sponsor , The UFO Store.

S
TTTM

Glamorous

Post by Glamorous » 09-12-2006 10:22 PM

mudwoman wrote: That is not the Alex voice I know. I listen to him every day on the radio, and have heard him on the telephone.

You are terribly wrong

That was Alex Jones.

You can tell by the way he drawls the "R".

Maybe it's the bad taste in his mouth from knowlingly defrauding people with his bogus conspiracies just to make a living.

A sucker's born every minute.

A sucker logs onto prisonplanet every minute!!!!!!!!!
99 Luft Balloons

SetiCruncher
Pirate

Post by SetiCruncher » 09-12-2006 10:45 PM

Its definitely not Alex. I listen to Alex regularly and although I'll admit it sounds a little like him, after listening to the call closely a couple times I have to say its definitely not him.
Veritas, Aequitas, Fides

mudwoman
Pirate

Post by mudwoman » 09-12-2006 11:13 PM

SetiCruncher wrote: Its definitely not Alex. I listen to Alex regularly and although I'll admit it sounds a little like him, after listening to the call closely a couple times I have to say its definitely not him.
SCruncher, what did you think of Bob Dacy? I was very impressed. He was a great choice to hold down the fort while Alex is in NYC.

S
TTTM

cherry
Pirate

Post by cherry » 09-13-2006 04:04 PM

That caller is absolutely not Alex Jones.

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 09-13-2006 04:12 PM

I am second to none in my professional respect for Art Bell, whom I will always listen to with pleasure. But on the matter of 9/11 Art has gotten behind the wave of the 9/11 disclosure movement; he cannot get a leadership position in it at this present time; and he should just quietly accept the evidence, the massive evidence, that is hitting mainstream Amerika that 9/11 was an inside job.

I will always be surprised that Art Bell, who has been so heroic in looking on the other side of the fence in so many controversial areas, absolutely refused to entertain the possibility that 9/11 could be an inside job. I suspect that Art was betrayed by one of his last illusions, viz. that, for all of its corruption, Amerika never could become a malevolent force in the world. Art just cannot abandon that one last, saving illusion, and it has put him at odds with his fan base. I am surprised about this, but I also can understand...

Art, leave 9/11 alone. Just report the news as it comes in. As it will... in tsunami waves...

cherry
Pirate

Post by cherry » 09-13-2006 04:34 PM

Art is protecting the hams . . . . . :o

Gnome Knapper
Pirate

Post by Gnome Knapper » 09-13-2006 06:50 PM

Its funny what Art will and won't believe. He's incredulous of 9/11 conspiray, and says he doesn't believe the US government would harm its own citizens. But back in the day Art was mortified when then Secretary of Energy Hazel Oleary explained the US governemnet conducted experiments on children using radioactive milk in the 40's and 50's.

Whats also funny too is Art had former NSA guy James Bamford on CC for four hours one show and never asked him once about operation NorthWoods even though Bamford's claim to fame prior to that was alerting the public about NorthWoods.

What is Op NorthWoods, ABC News those venerable conspiracy mongers lay it out.
N E W Y O R K, May 1, 2001 In the early 1960s, America's top military leaders reportedly drafted plans to kill innocent people and commit acts of terrorism in U.S. cities to create public support for a war against Cuba. Code named Operation Northwoods, the plans reportedly included the possible assassination of Cuban émigrés, sinking boats of Cuban refugees on the high seas, hijacking planes, blowing up a U.S. ship, and even orchestrating violent terrorism in U.S. cities. The plans were developed as ways to trick the American public and the international community into supporting a war to oust Cuba's then new leader, communist Fidel Castro. America's top military brass even contemplated causing U.S. military casualties, writing: "We could blow up a U.S. ship in Guantanamo Bay and blame Cuba," and, "casualty lists in U.S. newspapers would cause a helpful wave of national indignation.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=92662&page=1

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”