Graham Hancock Art's Guest is Amazing

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Shirleypal
Pirate

Graham Hancock Art's Guest is Amazing

Post by Shirleypal » 12-29-2006 11:52 AM

For those who would like to discuss the show from last night with Graham Hancock I thought I would start a thread. It doesn't get any better than this.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 12-29-2006 03:58 PM

A classic show. A way forward. Invigorating.

{{{thanks for the template for this pic, Shirley..}}}

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 12-29-2006 04:11 PM

Your welcome Linnea, love what you did with it.

Waverider
Pirate

Post by Waverider » 12-29-2006 04:57 PM

http://www.grahamhancock.com/

O Kay... Looks like I'll have to sign up for c2c stream link, just to hear last night's program again...

Conscious
Pirate

Post by Conscious » 12-29-2006 06:48 PM

This may interest some Art Bell fans:

Streamer for Windows

Click on the link above and get the file to install "Streamer".

Open the program and when you see this Station appear
"Art Bell & Guests CREATURES OF THE NIGHT ~ô¿ô~"
right click on it and select "Set as favourite". Press the Config button at the top of the panel - select the Misc tab and put a check in "Auto play favourite station when Streamer started.

The next time you open Streamer it will automatically tune to your station.

Last nights show (starting with the guest - hrs 2, 3 & 4) is playing over and over for a day or so. I'm 'spreading it around as far as I can get it'.... This show should be heard by everyone. Excellent! :cool:

Streamer Homepage
The only fact that I know about consciousness is that I'm 'Conscious'.

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 12-29-2006 07:51 PM

Shirleypal, let me say it publicly in front of all assembled: you were right and I was wrong --- Art Bell has not lost his touch! Yes, Art has been deeply depressed of late, both professionally and personally, and yes, some of his recent shows have been sub-par for that reason, but no, Art has not lost his touch. With the right guest and in the right circumstances, Art is still "the king of the night." Last night's show was superb. Of course, I did not hear all of it, because I was dozing in and out throughout it. But I did hear enough to make a judgment of my own.

And while we are on the subject, let me make a comment about Graham Hancock. I became acquainted with him in 1992 through The Sign and the Seal, his exciting account of his search for the lost Ark of the Covenant, and I consult his web site frequently because of its high quality. But I am energized --- and, I must confess, saddened --- to detect a note of urgency in his voice about the future. It wasn't there once, but it certainly is there now...

If any of you have watched the dinosaur shows on The Discovery Channel, then you know about the rise and fall of pre-human species in planetary history. But there are some points in planetary history --- four as a matter of fact --- when the change in species became so violent and so catastrophic that paleontologists speak of a time of the Great Dying. Now many of us are familiar with the Jurassic-Cretaceous extinction event of 65 million years ago, when an asteroid crashed into the Yucatan Peninsula and destroyed all of the dinosaur species. But an even greater extinction event which occurred 250 million years ago, a event in which 96% of all terrestrial species disappeared --- the so-called Devonian extinction event --- was the greatest of all.

If any of you have been following my postings for the past two years or so with any regularity, you will realize that I have been stating, repeatedly, that a time of the Great Dying is quickly approaching the human race and that it will end the modern world of the past five hundred years or so. Now some of you might agree with me on this point; others of you might think that I am just pulling your leg; and some of you might even think that I am projecting a death-wish of my own onto the entire planet. Whatever...

Last night, I realized that Graham Hancock sees exactly the same scenario as I do and has the same fear that I have. It was quite impressive --- and intimidating. And if so perceptive a scholar should feel that way, then I have reason to believe that my own premonitions may actually have some foundation in the collective aura of the early 21st century. For, as the poet tells us, "coming events cast their shadows before." And listening to Graham Hancock makes me think that maybe I don't have a screw loose in my head at all. Which saddens me, because --- despite what some people say about me --- I earnestly wish to think that I am wrong about the current situation and that there is hope out there which I personally cannot see.

Oh well, we shall see soon enough, won't we? Don't listen to me, folks: listen to Graham Hancock. <SIGH>
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 12-29-2006 07:52 PM

Thank you, Gary. :)

Your service to us all is greatly appreciated. Art particularly wanted as many as possible to listen up to this show.

:cool:

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 12-29-2006 07:54 PM

I ordered Graham's latest book "Supernatural: Meetings with the Ancient Teachers of Mankind" last night and it shipped today and is due to arrive on January 4, 2007, it said January 3 but the post office is closed on the third as it is a National Day of Mourning for Presiident Ford.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 12-29-2006 08:00 PM

Thank you, Joe Quinn - although the message is grim. Many of us detected that urgency. We need a leap in consciousess, and we may be able to reach for that which we will need - to avert that Great Dying - or - to understand the true nature of consciousness - and warp into that other dimension. Many paths seem now to be converging, and there is optimism as well. We may well vault out of this retro-world altogether.

Sound fanciful? Perhaps not.

Art seems on a mission of consciousness as well...

Going now to listen to the show again - with complete attention.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 12-29-2006 08:49 PM

Shirleypal, let me say it publicly in front of all assembled: you were right and I was wrong --- Art Bell has not lost his touch!

Not necessary Joe, we all have a right to our opinions, no matter how wrong they may be.:D :D :D
And while we are on the subject, let me make a comment about Graham Hancock. I became acquainted with him in 1992 through The Sign and the Seal, his exciting account of his search for the lost Ark of the Covenant, and I consult his web site frequently because of its high quality. But I am energized --- and, I must confess, saddened --- to detect a note of urgency in his voice about the future. It wasn't there once, but it certainly is there now...

Joe you may have missed it, Graham said he has made major changes to his belief system because of the time he spent in the Amazon and taking DMT and sorry I forgot the name of the other one.
Last edited by Shirleypal on 12-29-2006 08:52 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 12-29-2006 10:39 PM

Graham Hancock and Art both talked about Terrence Mckenna and the amazing work and interviews he did with Art. Those of you who may have missed this link or have never heard McKenna's interviews with Art and much, much more check it out here, the downloads are free, there are two pages of shows and information, also the interviews Art did with Dennis McKenna, Terrence's brother.

LINK

majda
Pirate

Post by majda » 12-30-2006 01:08 AM

Shirleypal wrote:
Joe you may have missed it, Graham said he has made major changes to his belief system because of the time he spent in the Amazon and taking DMT and sorry I forgot the name of the other one.

What I found extremely interesting was what Graham gave as the reason the PTB made the use of mind-altering substances illegal. They want to keep us in darkness about the reality of things. These substances open a dormant part of the brain allowing knowledge and truth to be revealed.
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government -- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 12-30-2006 01:29 AM

Shirleypal wrote: I ordered Graham's latest book "Supernatural: Meetings with the Ancient Teachers of Mankind" last night and it shipped today and is due to arrive on January 4, 2007, it said January 3 but the post office is closed on the third as it is a National Day of Mourning for Presiident Ford.

Hi Shirleypal. :)

Actually January 2nd is the day of the National Day of Mourning for President Ford and the post office will be closed then and not on January 3rd. See: http://www.usps.com/

Hopefully, you will receive your book on the scheduled date. :)
racehorse

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 12-30-2006 01:41 AM

Thanks Racehorse, I realized the dates were wrong and I was just too tired to change it. Hopefully I will get it on the 3rd. That is what I get staying up all night and listening to Art.

grint
Pirate

Post by grint » 12-30-2006 07:23 AM

Small fact...Mr Hancock went to Uni about 15 miles south to where I live, Durham University, which is also where Tony Blair studied.

Not sure what went wrong for Blair but Mr Hancock is amazing :)

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”