Need a good laugh?

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Paradisio
Pirate

Post by Paradisio » 05-16-2003 10:38 PM

BadBoy wrote: Art had David Icke on once and never again. Time will see if George ever has him on more than once either. At this point they are even!

I will always have a hard time with Icke on the lizard thing. I had two really great lizards as pets. Their names were Fred and Wilma, my stone age family :)

Icke has done much harm to the good reputation of all lizards by comparing them to the Bush family and others of their ilk. Art knew what he was doing when he he banned that kook. I am sure Fred and Wilma would concur if they were still alive.

:cool:

Laird
Pirate

Post by Laird » 05-16-2003 10:47 PM

Okay, you two can keep scorce ... I'll continue to listen to the shoes that interest me on whatever. Does that sound fair to you?

OH_Niteowl
Pirate

all you have to do is turn off your radio

Post by OH_Niteowl » 05-17-2003 12:54 AM

Originally posted by Laird
all you have to do is turn off your radio if you don't approve of the topic or style of delivery.

I do turn off my radio. I'm just mad that someone has stolen my interesting and entertaining program and replaced it with ..........:mad:

I got hooked on Art's show. It's going to take more time to except George.

alphacentaura
Pirate

Post by alphacentaura » 05-17-2003 05:39 AM

Laird wrote: If my memory hasn't gone too far south ... David Icke was one such person Art refused to have on the air. There where others towards the end of his LONG rein of K-9 SHIP. You have to understand his reasoning .... he was being bombarded with strange visitations from alien rogues knocking on his door. They didn't approve of his guest line up and he didn't approve of them bugging the satellite relays.

That pretty well sums it up.
:D

Laird, Paradisio,

Just to set the record straight, I just wanted to point out that there is no concrete evidence that Art banned David Icke.

Art had David Icke on once, on Nov. 11, 1998.

It was an excellent program where David seemed to be well received by Art and Art seemed to be right in to the subject matter discussed.

At the end of the program Art's closing remarks to David Icke are as follows:
"I want you to stay on the line for a moment to get a more permanent phone number from you, so we can do a future show, my friend..it has been a pleasure."

Art then continues to advise how one can order a tape of this show, closing with:
"It's all been equally compelling..."

This is what we know. We also know with concrete certainty that Art banned Kreskin.

What we don't know with any certainty or accuracy, is why Art never had David return to his program. Perhaps nothing is as it seems.

Laird
Pirate

Post by Laird » 05-17-2003 10:10 AM

In total agreement over Art refusing the deceptive Kreskin any further air time.

"Once burned twice shy"

SuzieQ
Pirate

Post by SuzieQ » 05-17-2003 12:09 PM

I've read some interesting comments in this thread so I think I'll add my two cents worth.

Some may disagree, but I would say that George Noory is a victim of The Peter Principle, more commonly known as Incompetence Run Amok.

His case, however, is a bit out of the ordinary since he wasn't promoted from within the corporation. Nope. People ACTUALLY HIRED HIM for that position. :(

Semantics aside, George is most definitely out of his league. Unfortunately, he is SO darned dense that even he cannot recognize that fact.

Those of us who "got" what Art Bell did on his C2C show understand exactly why Noory will not last much longer. The "suits" at PremRad obviously did not "get it" either--or perhaps they hatched a plan to purposefully and methodically kill a popular show.

Laird
Pirate

Post by Laird » 05-17-2003 12:51 PM

from the practical business side ... has advertising decreased and is there a drop in sindication numbers?

If there isn't I see no rational reason to suggest otherwise that George is walking the gang plank.

This corporate game of live chat broadcast is only profitable if you have a large listening audiennce and from the volume of phone calls I'd say folks aren't sleeping at night.

What's your beef? COMPETITION?

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 05-17-2003 01:06 PM

alphacentaura wrote:
Just to set the record straight, I just wanted to point out that there is no concrete evidence that Art banned David Icke.

It is a well known fact that Art banned Icke. George, even admitted it on the air in the April 29th show with Charles Tart when he was talking about having Icke on "Coast" the next night!
racehorse

Paradisio
Pirate

Post by Paradisio » 05-17-2003 08:24 PM

On the Icke matter, please remember that Art was faxed by one of his loyal listeners before the broadcast that Icke accused him of being a 33rd degree Mason at an Icke book signing that the faxer attended. Art asked Icke to refute this, but after several attempts, Art gave up. Icke could not deny it.

Art was gracious throughout the show, even though it was hard for Art to get a word in edgewise and guide the interview into an interesting talk radio groove. I cringed for most of the interview. It was bad radio. But Art was gracious at the end, because Art is a good host :cool:

THE DAYSTAR
Pirate

You guys are nuts......

Post by THE DAYSTAR » 05-22-2003 08:54 PM

This is my first post here on FF.... and I have slid through the muck of all the posts on this thread. While there are some people who "get it"..... there are a few who should "get out".

Let me recapitulate a few items......

"Art is not a nice guy on the ham side"..... How would you feel if a ton of "outsiders" came into your "private side" and basically were peeping toms? Get real, if Art is anything, he is consistent. He is with his "friends" and I would not want the public hanging out with me when I am with "my friends".

"The show was stale before Art left"..... Stale shows do not keep their affiliates and constantly gain new ones. The only stale variable I can see is this persons brain wave pattern.

To racehorse and lard....... you need to find a thread that accepts an IQ of a pencil.... either that, or else your corporate fertilizer to try to "green up Boory"... either way, go home.

Most of all, remember this.... Art Bell did not "retire", he was put in a position that a person in his caliber would not tolerate. Just look at it this way..... retire equals I'm out of here....

In conclusion, I am gonna have a good time ripping the "roids" off of some of you "holes".

The Daystar....... nice talking to ya.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 05-22-2003 08:58 PM

Go for it Daystar, couldn't agree with you more. Welcome to the Fantastic Forum, be nice to Conscious.

Shirley

Conscious
Pirate

Be Nice

Post by Conscious » 05-23-2003 02:58 AM

The Daystar - (sorry, don't like all CAPS),

It's OK, ream me a new one if you see fit... But, I don't think I need to worry 'bout that - since it looks like we are on the same 'frequency' (95.1).

One word of advice though - your optional 'Post Subject'' is too general. If you don't agree, then you get out!

Oh, and welcome aboard the Fantastic!

Devastated
Moderator - Hammock Expert

Post by Devastated » 05-23-2003 06:48 AM

Actually, folks who come aboard for the express purpose of reaming new ones often end up overboard. Let's see what happens. :cool:
You don't have to believe everything that you think...

racehorse
Pirate

Re: You guys are nuts......

Post by racehorse » 05-23-2003 07:04 PM

THE DAYSTAR wrote:

To racehorse and lard....... you need to find a thread that accepts an IQ of a pencil.... either that, or else your corporate fertilizer to try to "green up Boory"... either way, go home.

Always nice to see a new and friendly face!:D
racehorse

THE DAYSTAR
Pirate

changing my tune, not my tone....

Post by THE DAYSTAR » 05-23-2003 09:19 PM

Under normal situations I find that most people think I'm a nice guy. I am still perplexed as to how ANYONE.... can be "satisfied" with the caliber of one Georgie Boy.... this guy is an insult to the years of hard work, the millions of listeners that Art developed, and most of all he is an insult to us ( the real CTC Art Bell loyalists who helped make the show an icon).

I cannot find any reason to give Boory "more time". He has had the time to prove his total lack of ability to host a show as great as CTC "used" to be. To those Georgie Boy fans.... what else do you promote as "a good job"? If all that Georgie is doing is babysitting the program till the real host shows up, why don't you people see it for what it is..... a corporate scam deliberatly aimed at you and all your shallow ideas of what this show is.

To conclude..... unless real true blue fans of Art Bell make a stand and keep on standing, don't be surprised when you tune into CTC that you need a broom to clean the trash that comes out of your radio.

Really, I am a nice guy..... just standing for truth.

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”