My top ten Art Bell Moments

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

gpshealy
Pirate

My top ten Art Bell Moments

Post by gpshealy » 07-03-2007 10:13 AM

I wanted to thank Art for all the great moments he gave me. I really enjoyed "the ride" and I wanted to give him a tribute by telling him my top ten moments listening to him in no particular order. Thanks Art! I always wanted to get on the phone and let you know how much I liked listening to you.

10. When he got back from his trip to Egypt and told us about his trip. It seemed like he had been gone for months and then to have him come back and tell us all about his trip, going into places, and posting pictures on the website.

9. I really liked this one episode he had, no idea when it was (maybe the nineties) when he interviewed a guy who was talking about ghosts that had been seen in the air. Phantom airplanes and ghost pilots. Fantastic radio. I remembered sitting outside on my mom's porch and listening to it. No one else was around and the stillness and darkness was fantastic.

8. Art's Parts. I thought we had discovered the holy grail.

7. Another A-Ha moment was the Pheonix Lights moment. It was doubly fantastic because not only had a large UFO appeared over a major American city, but it was also one of the Mass Conscious experiments. That is when I realized that if such a thing was done with seriousness and earnestness (not say healing a horse) that there was really something powerful. I am also scared.

6. The Phillip Corso interview. Enough said. I also kind of want to lump last nights show in here. Real radio that discusses potentially the most important event in human history since the discovery of the New World in a way that doesn't rely on laughing. Fantastic

5. The pilot who flew over Area 51. Sure the odds are not great that it was a true story, but where else can you hear such a thing? Along with that was the frantic caller who called in and then had his sattellite signal jerked. He was much more believable, and I honestly think that is the scariest thing I have ever heard on the radio

4. The tumultous month when Ramona died and Art remarried. I think at that time I realized that Art got strength from his viewers and even if in a small way we helped him through this lonely time.

3. The Malachi Martin interviews. I might have to take back my comment about the caller being the scariest thing I ever heard. This guy was the real McCoy and the two of them make a truly terrifying radio. Demonic possession and Vatican conspiracies. Phenomonal

2. I rushed home from my 1996 homecoming dance to listen to Ghost to Ghost. I have never regretted it!

1. The fact that Art gets to leave on his own terms and sounds happy with his life and career. How many people can honestly say that? I am just glad that a person who meant so much to me was able to do it.

What were everyone elses favorite times?

IronsGold
Pirate

Post by IronsGold » 07-03-2007 07:09 PM

Mel Waters! The guy was full of it, but my God he could tell a story!
"What fresh hell is this?"
Dorothy Parker

alleyrulez
Pirate

Post by alleyrulez » 07-04-2007 01:26 AM

the time he banned Kreskin from the show...

xgallo
Pirate

Post by xgallo » 07-04-2007 02:36 AM

roamer
Pirate

Post by roamer » 07-04-2007 03:52 AM

these are my favorites:

Father Malachi Martin
JC
Harlot, the satanic witch (Patsy)
Dr. Nick Begich
Dannion Brinkley
Al Bielik
Whitley Streiber
Evelyn Paglini
Brendan Cook & Barbara McBeath of the Ghost Investigators Society (EVP's)
open line callers

I also liked these:

Fly-over area-51
Dr. Lorraine Day
Linda Moulton Howe
Michio Kaku
Stan Deyo
Gordon Michael Scallion
NIDS
Steve Quayle

Liatris
Pirate

Post by Liatris » 07-15-2007 01:31 AM

There are so many ... just recently, what about Edna Pringle getting Art to accept her apology just in the nick of time !? Now Edna can move on.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 07-15-2007 01:41 AM

Michio Kaku
Dean Radin
Brien Greene
Graham Hancock
Fr. Malachi Martin
Ingo Swann
Dr. Brain Weiss
Albert Taylor
NDE's
G2G
Time Travel

to name a few...................oh when he glued his lips together and stepped off the deck that wasn't there.:D

xgallo
Pirate

Post by xgallo » 07-15-2007 10:32 AM

in no order...

Malachi Martin's first appearance

Bugs shoots Bigfoot

Mel's Hole (and the Mel hole sequel -- Mel finds another hole!)

Art interviews the Temple University author of the "Threat" on alien abductions

Caller "flying plane" over Area 51

unscreened open line calls! (always)

Art asks David Icke if kids called him "Icky" when he was a boy.

Art talking about the princeton egg project

Ghost to Ghost Halloween tale of man who was accidentally shot as he attempted suicide (sorry for the gallows humor)

Art arguing with Richard Hoagland about esoteric details

Art's John Lear UFO briefing

Night of the phoenix lights

Art taunting J.C. about Edna leaving him

Art talking with listeners in New Orleans just prior to Katrina making landfall

Art talking about his bumper music and favorite shows like Boom-Ba and Dead Like Me..mysterious and reassuring

Art kicking guests off the air because they were lame or inconsistent "I think we've covered all the material," he would say. "now open lines!"

Art saying "from the high desert!"
Last edited by xgallo on 07-15-2007 10:37 AM, edited 1 time in total.

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 07-15-2007 10:54 AM

All of the above...and I loved the conversation he had about six years ago with some woman from the sticks who called in to say she had "done seen the Grim Reaper on the highway, jes the other niyte, me 'n ma son, we seen him!"

THAT was classic Art Bell!
It's either real or it's a dream, There's nothing that is in between. ~ Jeff Lynne

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 07-15-2007 11:08 AM

I also loved the callers Art used as promo's, like the dental tech who put AB in his dental work and the little girl who wanted a $5.00 raise because she does so much work around the house.

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 07-15-2007 01:18 PM

Oh the KIDS whose parents would let them call in, and Art was so good with them! You could hear the parents coaching their kids in the background SO excited that they were talking to Art Bell. Loved those calls...

I think it's very sad that, once again, we're having a "memories of Art Bell" thread... :(
It's either real or it's a dream, There's nothing that is in between. ~ Jeff Lynne

Plainsman
Pirate

Post by Plainsman » 07-15-2007 05:00 PM

Another one: the night Art Bell interviewed a caller who was flying over some city in his lawn chair. (Did I dream this, or did it actually happen?)

GMJinOK
Pirate

Post by GMJinOK » 07-15-2007 08:29 PM

One night my husband and I were listening to Coast, and RCH was the guest. Mind you, this was back in the early days before every sentence out of RCH's mouth was "My famous friend, so and so."

Anyway, RCH was telling Art that the "Illumanati" met in the back office of Old Navy clothing stores! :D He said the clue to finding the right store was that the right stores had plaid shirts marked down to $19.50.

It was hilarious, mysterious, and fun.

And, yes, we did visit our local Old Navy to see if they had plaid shirts marked down to $19.50. They didn't. :( :D

Gina

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 07-15-2007 08:40 PM

Gina I used to love those old interviews Art did with RCH, Art always put him in his place, I still remember RCH getting ticked at Art when he said the face on Mars looks to me like a pile of rocks.:D

GMJinOK
Pirate

Post by GMJinOK » 07-15-2007 08:45 PM

Shirleypal wrote: Gina I used to love those old interviews Art did with RCH, Art always put him in his place, I still remember RCH getting ticked at Art when he said the face on Mars looks to me like a pile of rocks.:D

Yes, RCH needs to be called on many of his claims. Sadly, it rarely happens now that he's Coast's "Science Advisor." :rolleyes:

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”