BUSTED by PREMIERE

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

revisedcode
DREAD PIRATE

BUSTED by PREMIERE

Post by revisedcode » 06-12-2003 10:38 AM

Ok folks, the FREE art bell cds or GIFTS you call them, must not continue on this FORUM.

If you must violate copyright please dont do it here.

GIFT THREAD was spoted by PREMRAD and Revisedcode DELETED the thread.

IF you really want to give away some thing SEND CASH DONATIONS to help with our PENDING LEGAL FEES...

ya right, please use this board with respect.

Revisedcode :D

Hitchhiker
Pirate

Post by Hitchhiker » 06-12-2003 02:08 PM

Here's my question:
Who at Premrad gets paid to monitor this board for potential copyright infringement, and what's he pulling down?

alphacentaura
Pirate

Addl ?

Post by alphacentaura » 06-12-2003 03:09 PM

Hitchhiker wrote: Here's my question:
Who at Premrad gets paid to monitor this board for potential copyright infringement, and what's he pulling down?

My additional question is this.

Art and both George, to this day, advertise the 'versa recorder' )spl?)by C Crane and company as a venue to tape PremRad broadcasts, specifically C2C.

No where in the commercials, do they stipulate that any recording thereof, cannot be duplicated or distributed: in other words, for "personal 1X use only".

So, folks who don't have a C Crane recorder are getting audio from those who do....what's either contraindicated or illegal about that?? If we all had the versa and had the forethought to tape all the shows, then I guess, all would be 'kosher' with no need to share...???!!!

So, what gives??
Last edited by alphacentaura on 06-12-2003 03:12 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » 06-12-2003 03:22 PM

Yeah, why not trade "versacorder" tapes - I bet that would be OK with PremRat!
Everyone - use PM (Private Mail) instead of the open forum for appropriate secret discussions in the future.
Be sure you enable PM in your options for this board.

Devastated
Moderator - Hammock Expert

Post by Devastated » 06-12-2003 04:21 PM

RC if you knew something was wrong, why didn't you say so before? The tone of your post is.....
You don't have to believe everything that you think...

swimmbadd
Pirate

?????

Post by swimmbadd » 06-12-2003 05:45 PM

Whats Gifts???

The only gift I got was some something thing that gives you a BIGGER Penis. :D
and an inflatable doll.

And BTW they aren't marketing any thing so they aren't losing any profits.

Why must they get their panties in such a bunch????

Dip wads
:mad:

--Rick--
Last edited by swimmbadd on 06-12-2003 05:49 PM, edited 1 time in total.

spaceprophet
Pirate

Post by spaceprophet » 06-12-2003 06:37 PM

Maybe George turned us in.

GN: I'll show them for making fun of me and my boss behind our back muaaahhahahaha :D

Doug
Pirate

Re: ?????

Post by Doug » 06-12-2003 06:39 PM

swimmbadd wrote: Whats Gifts???

The only gift I got was some something thing that gives you a BIGGER Penis. :D
and an inflatable doll.

And BTW they aren't marketing any thing so they aren't losing any profits.

Why must they get their panties in such a bunch????

Dip wads
:mad:

LOL!! Uh, wait... I didn't get the doll :eek:

DesertOfTheSea
Pirate

Post by DesertOfTheSea » 06-12-2003 07:13 PM

George is probably pissed off since people trade shows with Art hosting and not him.

Chas
#1 Art Bell Fan (in the high desert).

Post by Guest » 06-12-2003 07:47 PM

Yeah - George and PremRat are just afraid of lots of folks spending time listening to old classic shows instead of the new Snoory shows! I wish someone would lock George up in a room with Yucko the Clown from the Howard Stern show!

Paradisio
Pirate

Re: BUSTED by PREMIERE

Post by Paradisio » 06-12-2003 08:06 PM

revisedcode wrote: Ok folks, the FREE art bell cds or GIFTS you call them, must not continue on this FORUM.

If you must violate copyright please dont do it here.

GIFT THREAD was spoted by PREMRAD and Revisedcode DELETED the thread.

IF you really want to give away some thing SEND CASH DONATIONS to help with our PENDING LEGAL FEES...

ya right, please use this board with respect.

Revisedcode :D

RC,

I am a 20 minute drive from you, PM me your address and I will drop by with a donation for your "pending legal fees" :cool:

Heck, I'll even bring some Grog :)

I will insist on seeing evidence of your "pending legal fees" however...

Respectfully,

Paradisio
Last edited by Paradisio on 06-12-2003 08:19 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Paradisio
Pirate

Re: Share the MP3

Post by Paradisio » 06-12-2003 09:52 PM

Possible copyright violations on another thread?
revisedcode wrote: Hey can some one send me a mp3 copy of the show so I can reformat it for streaming off FF?

Revisedcode

showthread.php?s=&threadid=2468

Just checking :D

Paradisio

;)

As Wilson's Fourth Law sez, "With sufficient research you will find evidence to support your theory."

Robert Anton Wilson - 2003

http://www.newfalcon.com/author_article ... w_pk_a.htm

dollarmtn
Pirate

Post by dollarmtn » 06-12-2003 10:55 PM

I cant believe this is such a huge issue with Premier. Its just a bunch of Art Bell fans, that want to listen to old shows. Whats the big fuc_ing deal there? No-one is turning a profit, hell, no-one WANTS to turn a profit! Like the previous posts said, we have been ASKED for years to buy the versa corder, and record these shows. Now how can they prosocute against that? I suggest writing to the C Crane Co. and asking whats going on with that? I believe they developed this machine specifically for this purpose, and for this show.

And may I also suggest a counter (Class Action?) suit from all streamlink members. We were promised access to the top 100 with our subscriptions, which they blatently denied us at the turn of the year. What kind of bait and switch tactic was that? I dont know where everyone here is from, but in this country, the USA, that is HIGHLY illegal. We were denied access with no warning, no excuses, and no explaination what soever. I not only find this illegal, but morally wrong, which is what we are being accused of here. Tit for tat I say.
dollarmtn

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away. " ~ Henry David Thoreau

DefX
Pirate

Post by DefX » 06-12-2003 11:01 PM

What they don't realize is that by doing this..they are not making things better.
This is not good customer relations and will NOT make us into fans of George/Coast.
This will only alienate more of the people who want to support Coast.
No money is being exchanged and the shows are not re-brodcast.
This is no different than me making a vhs copy of a great old Seinfeld epsiode for a buddy.
Or in lending a new dvd to a friend. As long as it's not for profit and as long as it is not used for profesional means.....who cares?
These are 6-8 year old shows.
It might be different if the shows were available from Prem.
You can not stop this. And only a greedy short-sighted company would want to.
Prem. is almost treating this as a music/mp3/filesharing deal.
While it's not directly related...there are some similarities....read this....

http://melodicrock.com/interviews/thein ... rview.html

dollarmtn
Pirate

Post by dollarmtn » 06-12-2003 11:14 PM

You got that right. I just tuned in to the internet feed of the Lou Gentile for the first time. This is now my show of choice. I will not support anything that Premier broadcasts, nor buy any of the products that their advertisers sell on their programs. This all pisses me the **** off to no end.
What they don't realize is that by doing this..they are not making things better.....
dollarmtn

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away. " ~ Henry David Thoreau

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”