From Art Bell

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Patty
Pirate

Post by Patty » 05-26-2011 01:07 AM

BenSlain wrote: And Fan.

Again. Sorry for running off on a tangent.

Gotta get them PM's working dude!:D

And ya need more smiles so I can properly express myself.
Ditto! :D (except for the tangent part! :p )

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 05-26-2011 01:08 AM

Kaztronic wrote:

If we have much in common, then I look forward to getting to know you - and thank you for the compliment.

As for the mysterious people who are apparently influencing me? LoL. Have you really been reading my posts for the last 2 or 3 years? Honestly, whoever it is that you think is influencing me would probably get as big a laugh out of that idea as I'm getting now :D

Come on....The term tip toe pops up every time someone read here. Go stick to you guns and really push them and you will find out the truth. And I ain't talking about misbehaving. Just don't tip toe.

But I digress. I'm all about the now. I am also the most the most fair person here. I don't care who you are or what your political persuasion is. And that is the difference between then and now hopefully.

And now I am off to restart the 70's thread if I CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO POST YOUTUBE!!!!
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

Patty
Pirate

Post by Patty » 05-26-2011 01:20 AM

BenSlain wrote: Come on....The term tip toe pops up every time someone read here. Go stick to you guns and really push them and you will find out the truth. And I ain't talking about misbehaving. Just don't tip toe.

But I digress. I'm all about the now. I am also the most the most fair person here. I don't care who you are or what your political persuasion is. And that is the difference between then and now hopefully.

And now I am off to restart the 70's thread if I CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO POST YOUTUBE!!!!
OK, sorry, but HAVE to comment on the TIP TOE ! I am just so happy that you put my feelings into words! Tip Toe is exactly it! This is sooo weird, after so many years you have figured out for ME why I resorted to using JMHO after damn near every post! THANK YOU BenSlain! :cool:

turtle101
Ship's Bartender

Post by turtle101 » 05-26-2011 02:29 AM

seem to me (even though i wasn't going to) Kaztronic you seem to be the one that wants to keep this going. I not sure but your mad, upset and going out of your way to tell us what we should be doing and how we should be acting. You write a great piece. But no one seems to be biting. Ben and Patty are just sticking up for THIS ship.

I do not need you tell me what I should and shouldn't do, period.
I'll write what i want to. say what i want. (without hurting anyone)

I want Pm's. i have several pirates i would love to talk to. PM'S BenSlain being one, Patty, or anyone that wants to talk to me. I generally trust people right off. Or Until they do something to me to change that. They don't have to "win" my trust. You say something bad about someone and it comes back, shouldn't of said it in the first place.

I've been here a long long time. And I'm Not returning to the FF2. I do not hate them, in fact I like everyone over there. If thats where they want to be COOL!!.

And I do not mean this to be snippy or in a angry way, this is just how I feel.

I started two months after TOTO-TOFF started. if you real want this forum to continue. stop talking like we're something of the Past.

(YOU)
My personal preference is to see the two places co-exist, and do their own things - without sniping at each other, without trying to imply that one forum is superior to the other, and without interfering with each other. ))

I have not seen once person snip at them or them to us.
We are

Superior....we're the Original Fantastic Forum. Thats the way it is...
turtle
going back to my shell and ponder over the word "WHY"
Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

turtle101
Ship's Bartender

Post by turtle101 » 05-26-2011 02:41 AM

actuarially this is Art Bells post this is not a place to happily post about stuff other then HIM.

My apologies to everyone.
Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

Sinner
Pirate

Post by Sinner » 05-26-2011 06:26 AM

I like like forum just the way it is now, I think it is great and will only get better with time.:)
-Sinner

Sinner
Pirate

Post by Sinner » 05-26-2011 06:43 AM

Kaztronic wrote: I would like to reply to both CoastZone, and Saharaka here.

Saharaka: It's really simple, it's ugly to go in to other forums and try to recruit people. I doubt very much that it would be appreciated at FF2 if members who participate in both forums chose to go over there and recruit people to this ship.

Couldn't agree more!
-Sinner

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 05-26-2011 09:29 AM

Woah..go to bed early and check in here and find recruiting from The Ship.

I remember that as being one of the few banning offenses previous admins had here. This is rather shocking coming from ones that think they are so much better than us that they had to start their own mock fantasticforum to continue what they think is this forum's legacy because we cannot. (that's as close as this pirate can wrap his head around recent actions by those few "core members') I guess I shouldn't be shocked as these folks have held hands and jumped ship before, as a group. As I recall it was in protest to the person of which they now claim to be the self-appointed legacy guardians..sheesh.

Thanks to all Bennie, Patty, Sinner, Kaz, Turtle, Dude111, cz too, for jumping in and posting in the Fantastic Forum community's defense and doing as politely as you did. I'm sure that was hard to do. Your restraint is very much appreciated since Fan is real busy with work and such and there are no official moderators watching specific threads. This place always did a great job of self-moderating - good to see that is still happening.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 05-26-2011 09:37 AM

As you were pirates. You know how to steer the good ship, and good on yer! Extra grog rations tonight!

CoastZone
Pirate

Post by CoastZone » 05-26-2011 09:46 AM

Fan wrote: As you were pirates. You know how to steer the good ship, and good on yer! Extra grog rations tonight!

Rum?

turtle101
Ship's Bartender

Post by turtle101 » 05-26-2011 01:11 PM

alright Cap. i'll crack 3 more kegs. you know they'll be wantin more then one round.

starrmtn001
Jester Mod

Post by starrmtn001 » 05-26-2011 11:24 PM

turtle101 wrote: actuarially this is Art Bells post this is not a place to happily post about stuff other then HIM.

My apologies to everyone.

You are absolutely right turtle. NO need to apologize to anyone.

turtle101
Ship's Bartender

Post by turtle101 » 05-26-2011 11:48 PM

starrmtn001 wrote: You are absolutely right turtle. NO need to apologize to anyone.
thank you starrmt,001.....pheewwwww... :coolhat:

megman
Parrothead

Post by megman » 05-27-2011 12:25 AM

Just got in from a 9 1/2 shift to find this.

Probably best to just let it lie and keep on truckin'. I've been around here so long that the place is like an old pair of underwear, a little ragged around the edges but still comfortable. (Won't even comment on skid marks;) ) And I'll be damned if they are going out in the trash...

The simple fact this place still exists is a testament to the efforts of a few that deserve a pat on the back.

Run out the cannons and give us more sail matey's.:cool:
Still an Original Pirate since Aug 2000
Wanna ride the Zamboni?

turtle101
Ship's Bartender

Post by turtle101 » 06-07-2011 10:18 PM

Just found this on FaceBook.

People Who Miss ART BELL On C2C IPS
Coast To Coast AM
I just got this info about the announcement, from my friend...the one who's friends with Art in Manila, he said and i quote...
"your 9th our 10th i know that for sure. the announcement i would guess will be late night on the ninth probably midnight east coast poss. later"....
so, there you have it!!! :) now try

http://www.facebook.com/pages/People-Wh ... 7796596483
Last edited by turtle101 on 06-07-2011 11:18 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”