The radio player only works in Internet Explorer, Corruptor

cherry
Pirate

Post by cherry » 08-20-2011 03:09 PM

Ask Keith. :o

dollarmtn
Pirate

Post by dollarmtn » 08-24-2011 04:43 PM

About an hour ago via mobile phone to facebook - "Again thank you all for all the messages and good thoughts! We are very busy making changes with the house (2Years empty). I will do a lot more posting as time allows. There is a lot going on I can not talk about yet.....stay tuned."
dollarmtn

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away. " ~ Henry David Thoreau

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 08-24-2011 05:36 PM

Originally posted by dollarmtn
About an hour ago via mobile phone to facebook -
"Again thank you all for all the messages and good thoughts! We are very busy making changes with the house (2Years empty). I will do a lot more posting as time allows. There is a lot going on I can not talk about yet.....stay tuned."

Interesting dollarmtn.

Thanks for the update..

Any speculation on the secret, anyone?

Merchant Gal
Pirate

Post by Merchant Gal » 08-24-2011 06:14 PM

OK, Dale, I will stick my neck out a bit. Has it been a year yet since Art's last show for Premiere ??

Methinks that perhaps he is waiting for that year mark, plus a tad more, a few weeks or an additional month, just to be official, before announcing that he is BACK, in some broadcasting form.

Art plays close to the vest so he will of course let us in on it when it's the right time. It's good to hear from him that there IS definitely a SOMETHING waiting out there, mysterious, and sneakily reassuring.

Sean_in_Montreal
Pirate

Post by Sean_in_Montreal » 08-24-2011 09:28 PM

I must point out that the last time Art said "stand by" for an announcement it turned out the announcement was some news about his antenna.

Yes, not the news we were hoping for.

Just a caution to all of you not to get your hopes too high.
"I believe in keeping an open mind, but not so open that my brains spill out."(unknown)

dollarmtn
Pirate

Post by dollarmtn » 08-24-2011 11:33 PM

Sean_in_Montreal wrote: I must point out that the last time Art said "stand by" for an announcement it turned out the announcement was some news about his antenna.

Yes, but why would he "not be able to talk about" a new antenna?
dollarmtn

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away. " ~ Henry David Thoreau

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 08-24-2011 11:36 PM

Drama
A man's character is his fate

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 08-25-2011 04:01 AM

Diogenes wrote: Drama
Drama creates buzz. So does facebook activity. I suspect something has at least been in the back of his mind, not sure what, since before he got active on facebook. Personally, I hope it's a live podcast and doesn't involve his old digs at Premier..but it probably will.

Maybe it's another baby?

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 08-25-2011 04:06 AM

Sean_in_Montreal wrote: I must point out that the last time Art said "stand by" for an announcement it turned out the announcement was some news about his antenna.

But, didn't he say, or elude to, that if he wasn't able to get his radios going in Manila that he would be beating a path back here? Many were hoping for just that.

Sean_in_Montreal
Pirate

Post by Sean_in_Montreal » 08-25-2011 04:51 AM

Dale O Sea wrote: But, didn't he say, or elude to, that if he wasn't able to get his radios going in Manila that he would be beating a path back here? Many were hoping for just that.

The only reasonable conclusion i can make from that is he really wanted to get back on the HAM bands.

I think you guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment. Again.

Don't be surprised if his next "announcement" is something pertaining to his life or family. My guess is that his wife has another bun in the oven.
"I believe in keeping an open mind, but not so open that my brains spill out."(unknown)

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 08-25-2011 09:50 AM

Originally posted by Sean_in_Montreal: w/Dale OSea replies inserted in color

The only reasonable conclusion i can make from that is he really wanted to get back on the HAM bands.

Exactly. That's my thinking.

I think you guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment. Again.

How? I'm simply speculating on his plans here in the States. I personally think he's here to get back on his super antenna for the end of this solar cycle and, I haven't mentioned this before, maybe to give his kid a proper US education. .

Don't be surprised if his next "announcement" is something pertaining to his life or family. My guess is that his wife has another bun in the oven.

Bun is on my list, mentioned that above. I've heard things...rumors, already about this..I forget where now. Prolly fb. Boy or girl? ;)
I love the Art Bell of the first round of shows -- before any of the retirements. Nothing since has had the same appeal to me. Although anything Art has done, ever, is much better than what that shell of a show he sold to Premier has offered up since. Other than his first retirement, my biggest disappointment was this last rack of shows from Manila. He's not the same Art of the early shows. But then, who hasn't changed in twenty years..besides Rush Limbaugh, I mean. ::p
[size=0]"Question everything, especially your media and their motives. -Me[/size]

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 08-25-2011 12:17 PM

New baby is my bet

cherry
Pirate

Post by cherry » 08-25-2011 09:19 PM

Is ARt's RV for sale? I've had it with so called "affordable housing." My inheritance went south a couple of years ago.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 08-25-2011 09:46 PM

At least you had one:D

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”