Art Bell's Official Facebook Account

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 08-09-2011 04:27 PM

I wish I had my inn by now. That would be a killer item for the bar area. Beats what I was going to do.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Shazam
Pirate

Post by Shazam » 08-09-2011 05:01 PM

I do not think that Art and Rush have the same political sentiment....Glad Art is back in High Desert "live from Manila the Philippines" just does not have the same ring to it :tonguesmi

Patty
Pirate

Post by Patty » 08-09-2011 09:54 PM

Shazam wrote: I do not think that Art and Rush have the same political sentiment....Glad Art is back in High Desert "live from Manila the Philippines" just does not have the same ring to it :tonguesmi
I did not mean because it was given to him by Rush. I meant caus he LOVED the "Alien". It was awesome. And it used to mean alot to him. His gendre', ie. aliens, paranormal etc. This kinda scares me to thinking he may never again be "live from the Kingdom of Nye", even tho he's back home.(which was my secret desire :( ) In response to your "political sentiment" comment, actually their political leanings are not so very far apart. Art was a Libertarian, maximum freedom, limited government. So he and Rush were both basically in the "conservative" column. :cool:

Merchant Gal
Pirate

Post by Merchant Gal » 08-11-2011 09:41 AM

Patty wrote: I did not mean because it was given to him by Rush. I meant caus he LOVED the "Alien". It was awesome. And it used to mean alot to him. His gendre', ie. aliens, paranormal etc. This kinda scares me to thinking he may never again be "live from the Kingdom of Nye", even tho he's back home.(which was my secret desire :( ) In response to your "political sentiment" comment, actually their political leanings are not so very far apart. Art was a Libertarian, maximum freedom, limited government. So he and Rush were both basically in the "conservative" column. :cool:

This scares me too, Patty. Speculation is easy regarding the selling of the Alien figurine ..... did Art make a bargain with Airyn in order to return to the US, in that she would agree to live here again IF he put his past (radio) life behind him for once and for all ?? Art's not contacting this Forum directly so far, would suggest that.

Art threatened to return to the US if he could not get permission to put his HAM equipment up the way he wanted it. He did not get that permission, and so here he is, as good as his word, back in the US, because he wishes to pursue his HAM Radio hobby without anyone telling him what to do about putting up equipment. THIS, we all know for certain.

What we do Not know ~~~ and I will have the guts to Say it, as I think we all are dreading it in our hearts ~~~ is whether Art will ever return to us, in the form in which we know and love and remember him.

ART, if you read this Forum, PLEASE write to us and let us know Something !!

Sinner
Pirate

Post by Sinner » 08-11-2011 02:53 PM

I am "friends" with Art on his FB page and I think he must be growing really weary of people begging him to come back to his Radio show. Post after post of annoying people saying the same thing.
He is retired Facebook people.

Just sayin.
-Sinner

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 08-11-2011 04:46 PM

I've never understood why people feel slighted when Art does not agree to come back just because they want him to. I'm trying to connect the ownership of the listener's need to have him on the air, versus the man's desire to just chill out with his family. How hard is that to understand?
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Merchant Gal
Pirate

Post by Merchant Gal » 08-11-2011 05:12 PM

If Art just wants to chill out with his family for the rest of his life, and it sure looks that way now, then ..... GOOD.

All I would wish for is that he writes to all of us here and SAYS SO. It would take him Five Minutes. Then we will Know, for sure.

His silence feels like he is deliberately ignoring us, and that would make all of us sad indeed. We are not Facebook hangers-on. We are his loyal listeners and fans.

May I be so bold as to say that we deserve more than a Facebook posting. Again, it would take him Five Minutes. He can tell us all to go jump in Mel's Hole, but it would be Communication at least.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 08-11-2011 06:46 PM

voguy wrote: I've never understood why people feel slighted when Art does not agree to come back just because they want him to. I'm trying to connect the ownership of the listener's need to have him on the air, versus the man's desire to just chill out with his family. How hard is that to understand?

I don't either- just not my nature.
A man's character is his fate

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 08-11-2011 07:47 PM

His silence feels like he is deliberately ignoring us, and that would make all of us sad indeed. We are not Facebook hangers-on. We are his loyal listeners and fans.

I think to some extent the ignoring is by design. Face it, he's a celeb. He can't really go too many places, or be on a forum, or on the air, without people hounding him about "where have you been", "when will you come back", "I wish you would boot Noory off", etc. It grows on you.

Speaking as being someone who was on the air and only marginally had to deal with it, it wears you out. You then find places to go where nobody knows you, or where you won't have someone stop and interrupt you at dinner. I can only imagine what his e-mail and FB messages might be like.

I think Art just wants his space. But the problem is, he's like a cat in an open field surrounded by Blue Jays.
Last edited by voguy on 08-11-2011 07:49 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 08-11-2011 08:00 PM

voguy wrote: I think to some extent the ignoring is by design. Face it, he's a celeb. He can't really go too many places, or be on a forum, or on the air, without people hounding him about "where have you been", "when will you come back", "I wish you would boot Noory off", etc. It grows on you.

Speaking as being someone who was on the air and only marginally had to deal with it, it wears you out. You then find places to go where nobody knows you, or where you won't have someone stop and interrupt you at dinner. I can only imagine what his e-mail and FB messages might be like.

I think Art just wants his space. But the problem is, he's like a cat in an open field surrounded by Blue Jays.

Also I believe he does on occasion post on the new forum?

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 08-11-2011 08:13 PM

Don't know. I don't post there.

Merchant Gal
Pirate

Post by Merchant Gal » 08-11-2011 08:18 PM

Diogenes wrote: Also I believe he does on occasion post on the new forum?

Yes, Art has posted on the new forum, but his last post there, of three (3) total posts, was on Mon 06-13.

His post consisted of the letter he'd sent to his condo association. That letter began his wait to see if he could get the necessary number of signatures for his antenna.

Art has not posted on that forum since that email on 06-13, when he was still in Manila.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 08-11-2011 08:23 PM

Merchant Gal wrote: Yes, Art has posted on the new forum, but his last post there, of three (3) total posts, was on Mon 06-13.

His post consisted of the letter he'd sent to his condo association. That letter began his wait to see if he could get the necessary number of signatures for his antenna.

Art has not posted on that forum since that email on 06-13, when he was still in Manila.

oh ok - he is probably going to have an auction and call it a day.:cool:

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 08-12-2011 08:26 AM

voguy wrote: I wish I had my inn by now. That would be a killer item for the bar area. Beats what I was going to do.
Alright, I'll bite..what were you going to get for the bar? One of those talking host robots from Japan? ;)
[size=0]"Question everything, especially your media and their motives. -Me[/size]

joan roberts
Pirate

Post by joan roberts » 08-12-2011 03:32 PM

Heard from Airyn today....Asia would like a baby sister

wonder what Art thinks of that.........:)

No other news and not speculating

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”