Art Bell Updates Thread

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

DeathValleyScotty
Pirate

Art Bell Updates Thread

Post by DeathValleyScotty » 02-19-2012 01:23 AM

I hadn't seen anything recently about Art, but I thought it would be good if there was a central thread for updates on Art. Recall "Art's Parts", these comments and updates here are found elsewhere on the net.

--- --- --- ---

From http://imaginativeworlds.com/forum/show ... News/page3

Guess he's really retired for now, this time, again.

From Coastgab where he just recently posted:

February 02, 2012, 1154 PM » Hi there,
I thought it would be ok to stop in here and say hi from the High Desert! I have had so many people send me links in email that refer to a post on this site. All is well with the Bell Family and we are doing just fine in Pahrump.

As far as Retirement is concerned it has been great having time with my Family and my Hobby. I have learned to "never say never" but I am enjoying life.

If any of you are Hams please feel free to join us on Echolink at W6OBB-L

I would be happy to try and answer any reasonable questions any of you may have.

Art

Re: Art Bell Quits Coast
« Reply #3655 on: February 03, 2012, 10:32:03 PM »
The mess is indeed cleaned up finally. It is strange that something designed to save you in a emergency can cause one.

As for Coast, the show has changed which from my point of view is a shame but it is the right of the Host doing the show to take it in the direction they see fit. I have had many offers to join other Networks to compete if I wished BUT I have decided that I do not wish to destroy what I built, or what is left of it.

I really am enjoying being Retired, I can be part of my Daughter's life as she grows and it is a blast. I do miss all of you though. I am not saying I will not pick up a mike one day, just not this day. I learned long ago, never say never.

Art

-----------------------------------------

He's also posting here:

QRZ.com of course as W6OBB
None of us is as smart as ALL of us...

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 02-19-2012 04:19 PM

There is a lot there for interpretation.
A man's character is his fate

DeathValleyScotty
Pirate

Post by DeathValleyScotty » 04-14-2012 01:13 AM

I found this series while trolling You Tube. I don't know who created these, but they did a FANTASTIC job. It was someone from THIS ship. As noted in the video, "As compiled by a member of the Fantastic Forum"

I hope everyone can enjoy these as much as I did. :D :D

Part 1

Pt. 2 - >>> DELETED BY YOUTUBE <<<

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

DVS
None of us is as smart as ALL of us...

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 04-14-2012 10:10 AM

Thank you, DeathValleyScotty. :cool:

Just on the first one now, but for the life of me I can't recall this collection, or for that matter, who compiled it. Thanks to them too. :)
Pt. 2 - >>> DELETED BY YOUTUBE <<<
Accurate but a little misleading in that youtube likely deleted part 2 as requested by the IP owner: TV network, music rights holder, movie company, etc, due to DMCA violation. Too bad..:(

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 04-14-2012 10:31 AM

As I listened to the first part of the Larry King interview, I realized how unlikely it is that Art would return to radio in the old C2C format.

That all up night and sleep part of the day existence he had with Ramona is not conducive to raising a child and that appears to be where his heart is now.

Thank you for posting.
A man's character is his fate

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 04-17-2012 12:08 AM

I wonder if Arts been scared off from returning??

I hope he is ok though :)

Merchant Gal
Pirate

Post by Merchant Gal » 04-25-2012 04:41 AM

There is a new picture of Art on Hamcams. He looks well and happy.

http://www.hamcams.com

Saturna
Pirate

Post by Saturna » 05-01-2012 04:27 AM

The videos just about bring me to tears. I miss Art Bell and the real Coast to Coast so much I can hardly stand it. I got used to it for a while in a sense and thought there were other things with all that has exploded in the alternative media and the internet in general but there just isn't anyone on Earth that equals Art Bell. The last few times I caught him as a guest host on C2C he was as good as ever. Having Art return to the airwaves to host the free-thinking forum of the people would make the world feel like it got a little tilt in the right direction again.
SeparatioN <- IS -> IllusioN

fos
Pirate

Post by fos » 05-01-2012 10:33 AM

Those were the good ol' days!

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”