Art Bell Breaks Silence On Ebola

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

So, How's That Uncoordinated Response Working Out For Ya?

Post by Riddick » 10-28-2014 05:40 PM

Front Page Item 9.28.14 USA Today Dead Tree Edition -

CONFUSION DRIVING U.S. EBOLA POLICIES
Starting To Feel Like 'Every Man For Himself'

Front Page Headline 9.28.14 NY Daily News
Dead Tree Edition -

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 10-29-2014 09:22 AM

Help me understand.
  • "The government" can now require people who show no signs of illness to "shelter in place", or remain isolated from other humans (in an undisclosed location, for a duration of time that they will decide)
  • "Conservatives" like this idea just as much as they liked it when armed combat units were patrolling the neighborhoods of Boston ordering people to stay inside until they were given permission to come out again
Huh. One question... when did the people who proudly call themselves residents of "the land of the free and the home of the brave" become a quivering pile?

No good can come of this. Today it's "ebola" from "Africa" tomorrow it will "Valley Fever" from "Bakersfield", or whatever the hell they need to say to exert control. Flu season is coming. You'll probably get the flu. The main "symptoms" of "ebola" are fever and diarrhea. See what they did there? Remember Niemoller's warning. This is yet another brick in the wall, for sure.

What ever happened to "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'"? Guess that was just the most expedient political rhetoric of the day.

People who agree with forced quarantines are wrong. They are acting/thinking/believing things which are, at their core, unamerican. And before we talk about Ellis Island Immigrants remember this: those people who were quarantined upon arrival were not yet "citizens", and were not under the umbrella of the US founding docs. Their situation is different, although I would argue that those quarantines were questionable as well.

EBOLA! ISIS! WATCHOUT!
Last edited by SquidInk on 10-29-2014 10:21 AM, edited 1 time in total.
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 10-29-2014 11:11 AM

I am a firm believer in quarantine, PROVIDED the patient is symptomatic and this is where the government is veering off course with it's "one size fits all approach" to quarantine.

In (some) fairness to them - one can be infected with Ebola, and just not be symptomatic, leave an area, and start to spike a temp moments later - so it's a tough call.

I think that, no matter what, the government is in a tough position on this one because how do you balance freedoms with doing your responsibility as a public health entity? Where is the line in the sand, and when do you cross it? And, I'm sorry - having that nurse stay in a TENT outside. Didn't anyone think that, maybe she might develop pneumonia if the temperature dropped? How ridiculous what that?

Also, I think that the two cases of the physicians who "volunteered" to quarantine themselves and promptly went out into public didn't help matters any, especially when one turned-up positive - after he went all over the city potentially exposing others.

I still believe in the Ellis Island model - quarantine until known to be safe - but, the catch is that you have to be symptomatic. And, that's one heck of a catch..... You can't possibly quarantine everyone

On the Watertown issue - all I can say is that Massachusetts is the most Liberal Far Left state in the country - and the residents ion Watertown (and elsewhere in the state) just caved. That scares the crap outa me.......
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 10-29-2014 12:44 PM

SquidInk wrote: Huh. One question... when did the people who proudly call themselves residents of "the land of the free and the home of the brave" become a quivering pile?
When thinking for oneself became passe...? Mass communications have become all the more massive and monopolized, so all the more Groupthink has been supplanting independent critical thought - and at the same time, it's not as if schools have been teaching how to think so much as WHAT to think -

This systemic epidemic of institutionalized "Dumbth" has been brought to you by America's Real Owners: Nothing suits their purposes better than a populace incapable of questioning authority...
SquidInk wrote: What ever happened to "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'"?
Evidently it's gone the same way as "Don't believe everything you hear."

Anahoo insofar it IS what our system produces? It'd be odd for 'learned' government representatives to display in their ever-so 'helpful' 'caring' way anything OTHER than "Dumbth" to the nth degree!

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 10-30-2014 09:45 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Riddick

This systemic epidemic of institutionalized "Dumbth" has been brought to you by America's Real Owners: Nothing suits their purposes better than a populace incapable of questioning authority...Evidently it's gone the same way as "Don't believe everything you hear."
[QUOTE]

I remember reading somewhere about how the 20th century educational system was set-up by such folks as the Rockefellers, Carnegies, etc...... with the express goal of dumbing-down society over time.

Guess it's been working.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 10-30-2014 10:59 AM

Here's a photo of a modern American hero. This is what resistance looks like ~ a couple riding bicycles on a country road.

Because freedom.

Notice the sinister agents of oppression lurking in the trees, shadowing them like the KGB.

Too bad, really.

When did the good folks from Doctors Without Borders become enemies of the state? She's a returning hero, and she's being spit upon.

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 10-30-2014 11:10 AM

Kbot - I agree. If she's displaying symptoms, it's a different discussion.

Riddick - " America's Real Owners: Nothing suits their purposes better than a populace incapable of questioning authority..." --- I agree, to the nth.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 10-30-2014 11:20 AM

SquidInk wrote: Here's a photo of a modern American hero. This is what resistance looks like ~ a couple riding bicycles on a country road.

Because freedom.

Notice the sinister agents of oppression lurking in the trees, shadowing them like the KGB.

Too bad, really.

When did the good folks from Doctors Without Borders become enemies of the state? She's a returning hero, and she's being spit upon.

I read the articles a few moments ago - will be interesting to see how this pans out. She's not symptomatic, and there's no need to quarantine her. This is an overreach by the state. I wish her well. As some commenters on the particular article I read brought up - she may have just put her job in jeopardy, though....

Truly sad situation, no matter which way it turns out - I certainly wish her the best

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 10-30-2014 11:22 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SquidInk
Kbot - I agree. If she's displaying symptoms, it's a different discussion.
[/QUOTE

Absolutely -she had a slight tempt at the airport - but not since, and certainly not prior. So, what the touchless thermometer incorrect:? Maybe needed a battery change? Who knows, but, restricting freedom of movement simply because of "an abundance of caution" a the latest buzz phrase announces, isn't enough.

It's a tough call though, no matter what...

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 01-02-2015 06:52 PM

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 01-22-2015 03:17 PM

Why The Ebola Epidemic Isn’t As Devastating As Predicted (So Far)
Scientists forecasted up to 1.4 million Ebola infections by mid-January, but the situation isn’t nearly so bad. What happened?

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 01-22-2015 04:01 PM

Riddick wrote: Why The Ebola Epidemic Isn’t As Devastating As Predicted (So Far)
Scientists forecasted up to 1.4 million Ebola infections by mid-January, but the situation isn’t nearly so bad. What happened?

Ratings weren't as good as they had hoped.
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 02-04-2015 06:07 PM

Ebola cases on rise for first time this year, WHO says

http://news.yahoo.com/ebola-cases-rise- ... 48628.html

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 03-18-2015 11:43 PM

Ebola Could Cause Thousands More Deaths
The interruption of immunizations may create secondary epidemics. FULL STORY

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 03-23-2015 11:24 AM

More like "the immunizations" could cause severe outbreaks!!

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”