The FF Named Dropped In TIME Article On Art & Dark Matter!

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

The FF Named Dropped In TIME Article On Art & Dark Matter!

Post by Riddick » 12-31-2015 02:46 PM

It's over two years old, but a major media mention is a major media mention! :D

From "Art Bell, Radio’s Most Popular Weirdo, Returns" -
Many, many people have missed Art Bell. Take it not from the now-defunct streaming sites, or his busy Facebook page, or the chirping at the Fantastic Forum.
Flash forward to today, and folks are still missing him, but with this latest episode of indecisiveness about hosting, I expect the numbers aren't holding up very well...

Just as it is? IMHO his frame of mind isn't real conducive for a MITD return on any more than a 'diminished capacity' basis, if you know what I mean... CHIRP CHIRP!
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

voguy
Pirate

Re: The FF Named Dropped In TIME Article On Art & Dark Matter!

Post by voguy » 12-31-2015 05:13 PM

I'm sorry that I can't get even the least bit excited over Art anymore. And I feel sorry for anyone who is still even mildly interested. Art needs to stay retired and just let us remember him for what he was.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 01-01-2016 02:16 AM

I'm fairly certain I'll cancel my MITD sub before the next charge. Nothing against Ms. Wade, but I'd sooner listen to Art than her, and if he's not gonna do more than an occasional unscheduled drop-in, even mild interest is more than tough to maintain.

That said, so long as CC continues SIT shows, revisiting Art back in the day is only a Saturday airing away... But if that's not sufficient, for folks unafraid to Arrrh!, start by googling "The Ultimate Art Bell Collection" for 1,330+ shows & extras from '92-2013.
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

-Donald Trump Image

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 01-01-2016 09:04 AM

I'm glad I collected all the old shows a while back, as they are more interesting than the newer shows. When traveling I can put them on, and content wise they are infinitely better than today's fare. The exception being that George Knapp still brings topics to the table which are good, and he's more focused on the interview.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 01-01-2016 11:14 AM

DYK in '93 Knapp was there with Art at the start, as correspondent and host respectively on Dreamland's precursor "Area 2000"? Fact is I got my start with Art via Dreamland Saturday nights circa '94-'95, being pre-recorded (yet with call-ins) and devoted to the paranormal 'n' such unlike C2C at the time where for most the focus of discussion was still centered around current events.

I suppose Knapp is both under contract and no-compete claused, otherwise it'd pique my interest in MITD if he took over the gig.

-Donald Trump Image

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 01-01-2016 11:23 AM

Riddick wrote:I suppose Knapp is both under contract and no-compete claused, otherwise it'd pique my interest in MITD if he took over the gig.
Agreed. Knapp would be a good replacement for Art on MITD. But, since he has the day job at KLAS, I don't suspect he would be interested in wanting a weekday gig.

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate
Location: SW IN USA-UK Midlands SCANIAowner @ Sound Cloud - @ Supernaturalearth

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 01-01-2016 12:52 PM

Two year old FF news is just as good to read today Riddick! We are much obliged to you and your find as a New Year's Day surprise! All of us are time travelers being a day ahead on the date of each post! :lol:

I will check this out today! :D

But if that's not sufficient, for folks unafraid to Arrrh!, start by googling "The Ultimate Art Bell Collection" for 1,330+ shows & extras from '92-2013.

MK2 :)
[*]@ #2 Find the eerie antedating of 12/7/1941 vs 9/11/01

#1 A

https://youtu.be/DUY8aSx8-yo

#1 B

🌎 🏔 🌏 🗻 🌍 🌋
https://youtu.be/ajRuvYMk30E

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/superna ... -t543.html

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 01-01-2016 02:35 PM

voguy wrote:
Riddick wrote:I suppose Knapp is both under contract and no-compete claused, otherwise it'd pique my interest in MITD if he took over the gig.
Agreed. Knapp would be a good replacement for Art on MITD. But, since he has the day job at KLAS, I don't suspect he would be interested in wanting a weekday gig.
What really gets me with Art's latest cause to quit, is how there's ways around it...

IMHO if all it is is the nighttime stalker that's holding back Art, aside of handing off MITD to a work-in-progress Wade OR an industry name like Knapp, what's to lose by going to a record during the day, air at night format like Dreamland for the nonce -

Y'know, just to help keep subscribers and radio affiliates from dropping like flies - Then provided the stalker's so stupid he'd endeavor to lurk about in daylight hours, so exposed maybe the culprit slips up enuff someone can collect Art's 20 grand reward?

That said, at this point I'd say calling it a career would be best all around. Ditch the dangling carrots, bid a fond farewell, ride into the desert sunset with head held high. 'Course, all that's far easier said than done, for anyone hooked on comeback crack!

-Donald Trump Image

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 01-01-2016 04:17 PM

Riddick wrote:
voguy wrote:
What really gets me with Art's latest cause to quit, is how there's ways around it...
Exactly. I'm disappointed that as much as a tech junkie he is; no thought was given to UV cameras, wireless cameras, or hidden game cameras to find the perp in the neighborhood.

I'm disappointed that with all the friends he has nobody thought about staking out the neighborhood. Knowing people in Vegas I'm sure a drive and stakeout in Pahrump would yield some results.

And given the feasibility of recording, he could have recorded shows and passed them to the network for airing at the usual time. He didn't have to be live unless he wanted to.

There are several other issues which bother me as well but basically it's water over the dam at this point.

My "Spidey" senses tell me there are other reasons. In the end it doesn't matter. He's taken his toys and gone home. To me, I can't trust him. I'm done.

What irks me is he sucked a lot of people in, made a lot of work to get things started and subscriptions going, brought up expectations, then bailed. He's let me down more than the Detroit Lions.

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”