Art Bell & Friends Admit Faking Radio Incidents(?)

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

What do you think about the news of Art & pals admitting some famous bits were staged?

It's faker than fake
No votes
It's a vicious rumor, probably started by Noory
No votes
It's not news at all; if anything, it's confirmation
60%
Art was & is a con man: If he admits it was faked, it wasn't
No votes
OMG It's a crushing disappointment and I'll never get over it
No votes
It doesn't matter if it was staged or not it was entertaining
20%
It's time for another comeback how about it Art!!
20%
It's on the Internet so it has to be true
No votes

Total votes: 5

Riddick
Pirate

Art Bell & Friends Admit Faking Radio Incidents(?)

Post by Riddick » 02-22-2018 05:05 AM

According to an anonymous source, Art & and his Ham buddies recently confessed to being the source of some of the more famous calls and callers on his show. LINK
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Re: Art Bell & Friends Admit Faking Radio Incidents(?)

Post by kbot » 02-23-2018 12:16 PM

I either read in one of Art's books, or heard in an interview that Art's philosophy in doing the show was that he would give airtime to just about anyone and do an interview pretty much knowing full-well that the guest was either legit or full of crap. Either way, he put the person on the air and did the interview, letting his audience determine whether they should or shouldn't believe the person. And, I'd say that, there is probably a good chance that Art wasn't above messing with his audience every once in a while.

Even so, this doesn't explains stories such as ham radio operators hearing astronauts talk about company in space and other stories that he broke long before the stories became mainstream.

Art may have had his warped side, but I still miss the guy
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 02-23-2018 01:11 PM

I agree with you Kbot, I loved his show, it was Fun! Thinking out side the box was, entertaining . We where allowed to have are "Own" BS meter" .
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 02-24-2018 04:19 PM

Agreed Doka - Art just put the guests on, let them talk and let us decide. That's why I liked his shows so much. Plus, he had varied topics - not like Noory and the Coast of today. Seems like the same thing over and over again
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”