Holiday Food, Tips, Recipes, Memories.

Gardening and Household tips. Good food. The Lighter side...

Moderator: Super Moderators

lutefisk
Pirate

Holiday Food, Tips, Recipes, Memories.

Post by lutefisk » 11-25-2002 01:57 PM

Do you have any recipes that you have loved and make every year or that you are trying for the first time? Any that you would like to try? Memories of something wonderful that really makes you smile? Tips for making Holiday Dinner extra special? Come on in everyone's welcome!

lutefisk
Pirate

Post by lutefisk » 11-25-2002 02:12 PM

Here's an interesting trip to the British Isles! Some of this food sounds wonderful!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/christmas/recipes.shtml

I've made "Figgy Pudding" several times and it's always very good. I cook it in a coffee or large juice can with foil and string to tie it down with. It comes out beautifully and always causes a stir at dinner.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 12-15-2002 12:01 AM

Hi lutefisk Image

I got out my red chili pepper lights and strung them up in the large dining/kitchen room window tonight. Ah, such a lovely light! Just thinking about the pizazz of red chili peppers knocks the chill and gloom from the mind in a northwest winter.

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 12-15-2002 12:18 PM

Each yr we add a YRLY ornament - dated kind to the tree decorations.

Tips - for those with real trees - using a jagged cut and or cross cuts on base of thre tree will help get water up into the tree longer - be sure to use a large enough water container - most tree stands water holders are way too small.

For those with furnace vents and those who don't have enough plug in scents - try some mint extract on a pipe stem cleaner placed in the vent for a pleasant aroma. Cinnamon sticks also work well - but remember to soak them occasionally with water. I have the plug in scents that have some very delightful new holiday oils.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 12-15-2002 03:08 PM

I go today to find some pine and cedar boughs for the beams in dining room. The mint and cinnamon sticks for the furnace registers is a great idea! Also for the coffee! Well, the sun is actually shining today here in the Emerald City - so need to get out and about. The rains will soon return...

Return to “Garden & Galley”