FDA: Cloned animals safe to eat

Gardening and Household tips. Good food. The Lighter side...

Moderator: Super Moderators

Divinorumus
Pirate

FDA: Cloned animals safe to eat

Post by Divinorumus » 12-28-2006 03:34 PM

FDA: Cloned animals safe to eat The government declared today that food from cloned animals is safe to eat. The Food and Drug Administration concluded that cloned livestock is "virtually indistinguishable" from conventional livestock. Officials said they don't think special labels are needed to let consumers know if they are eating cloned meat.

(click above url for complete article)

Oh yummy, Clonus Brand Test Tube Hot Doggies ... for that consistent animal flavor that the carnivores crave - ha ...

Cloning lets farmers and ranchers make copies of exceptional animals, such as pigs that fatten rapidly or cows that are superior milk producers. ....

They should pick out the best humons and clone only them too ..,

Anyhow, ah gees, ya just know there's gonna be some kind natural consequences and ultimate hell to pay for tinkering around with designer meat like that now ... The beginning of the elimination of genetic diversity. Them make-believers will fix what their god can't make right - ha. Line up your women next.

Alien-BC
Pirate

Re: FDA: Cloned animals safe to eat

Post by Alien-BC » 12-28-2006 04:14 PM

Divinorumus wrote:

Anyhow, ah gees, ya just know there's gonna be some kind natural consequences and ultimate hell to pay for tinkering around with designer meat like that now ... The beginning of the elimination of genetic diversity. Them make-believers will fix what their god can't make right - ha. Line up your women next.

I think your observation is bang on target DIV ;)

Huggybaby
Pirate

Post by Huggybaby » 01-02-2007 03:20 AM

Hu-mons
That's funny! Quark was my favorite character in that series.
The beginning of the elimination of genetic diversity
No doubt. That's why you can't find a good tasting tomato any more. But they're all red, so they must be good. And the shelf life!

momo

Re: FDA: Cloned animals safe to eat

Post by momo » 01-02-2007 03:32 AM

Divinorumus wrote:
Anyhow, ah gees, ya just know there's gonna be some kind natural consequences and ultimate hell to pay...

Yeah. Smoking Salvia Divinorum will do that to ya.
My mother told me to never do this.

~ Jim Halsey

circledancer
Pirate

Post by circledancer » 01-02-2007 03:39 AM

Well, the fact that they do not contract BSE is a plus.

Divinorumus
Pirate

Post by Divinorumus » 01-02-2007 12:58 PM

Smoking Salvia Divinorum will do that to ya.
Yeah, once she gets into your mind and wakes you up and reveals to you where you are .. and what you are .. and what all this is .. and points out what you have been doing .. well, yeah, it's a red pill neo matrix kind of world now .. and you can bet your ass there's going to some kind of consequence to tinkering around with nature and HER natural intentions here within her matrix! It's a given .. as sure as there is a +10 there will be a -10 .. as sure as there is up there will be a down .. .. Nature will not tolerate this kind of humon behavior any longer .. The signs are all around us. Of course it took sally to wake me up to see and hear them and understand them. A side note here: I'm outraged ! A couple of days ago I heard, on regular FM radio, on a popular FM alternative/rock station, a blatant commercial hawking salvia for sale along with vaporizers and whatever else you might need at some head shop downtown ... grrr .. surely some self-righteous ass is going to take some dictatorial action to put a stop to all that and eventually make her illegal .. and all just to keep her knowledge a secret from those who haven't been awoken yet ... ... sad, huh? Crazy world filled with so much deception and control going on .. What's next, cloned humons? (would be a perfect solution to everything here, wouldn't it, if you all just cloned me when you wanted to have more kids - I mean, if we were all the same .. well ... ? ? ) .. Anyhow, fret not, NATURE is no longer going to tolerate any of this .. so beware ! (make sure you have an escape plan or two or three ready .. When you have enough identically cloned cows all thinking alike and all tuned into the same frequency and collective mindset, you are facing a formidable collective enemy .. like the borg collective - stupid individually, but as a whole all wired to be as one, well, look out - ah ha ha ha ... mooo, zap zap ... them cows don't actually have to come and kick your door down to get you, you should know ... boo ! ) Wait, you'll see ! It's gonna be a fun fun year !

Psychicwolf
Pirate

Post by Psychicwolf » 01-02-2007 04:46 PM

This is appaling to me and what most angers me is that they have said there will be no labeling to alert you when you are eating a cloned product.
It takes so much time, effort and money now to eat in a healthy manner. I think I spend 10 hours plus a week gathering and growing food from sources where I know that the farmer has used heritage seed, no chemicals and ecologically sound farming practices and buying seed from the few companies that still sell heritage seeds. That my dairy/eggs comes from animals that have been humanely raised and no hormones, chemicals etc used. And purchasing heritage grown grains and flours from reputible, but lamentibly small sellers who have to charge alot of money because they have so few customers.
The HSUS (Humane Society) has opposed this for a long time, but the corporate farms rule with their money and political clout.
Dance to heal the earth. Not just when you're dancing, but always. Live the dance, whenever you move, in all you do, dance to heal the earth.

Psychicwolf
Pirate

Post by Psychicwolf » 01-03-2007 12:30 AM

For those Pirates that are concerned about eating genetically modified foods to the extent of growing your own, here is a website showing suppliers of heritage and heirloom seed/starts. One of my favorite suppliers, up in BC, is no longer available to those of us in the US. Apparently safe gardening practices are a threat to Homeland Security. The CA suppliers are no longer able to ship to the US.
http://www.gene-watch.org/programs/safe ... ebook.html
Dance to heal the earth. Not just when you're dancing, but always. Live the dance, whenever you move, in all you do, dance to heal the earth.

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 01-03-2007 12:39 PM

cloned foods --

well cloned meats -- and now declared safe to eat...

they artificially inseminate many animals - but thats not cloning - and have we ever heard that such artificial bit was bad? Do we know?

now we have them creating the entire animal in some lab, then inserting the results into the parent animal and we are suppose to accept it as ok to eat.

wasn't it found that the cloned sheep was as old or grew old rapidly? Wouldn't other cloned animals be the same - aged rapidly?

IvyQ
Pirate

Post by IvyQ » 01-03-2007 01:00 PM

too me it's scary... time to go vegetarian.

1 week offa meat.....

soy and eggs are one of many essentials in getting protein.

thx for the article Div.

Return to “Garden & Galley”