Kudos for FF Seti Team!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Linnea
Moderator
Posts: 14985
Joined: 04-22-2000 02:00 AM

Post by Linnea » 03-26-2003 02:14 AM

Hey, Tracker3 - Welcome! Nice to have you join the FF Seti Team. Hope to see you post a hello. We're mostly friendly types.
Image

Tracker3
Pirate
Posts: 80
Joined: 03-25-2003 03:00 AM

Post by Tracker3 » 03-26-2003 10:52 AM

Thanks guys I very much appreciate your hearty welcome. I come from a long line of old school pirates. 2 of me old mateys from the WWIV bbs days include Brimstone and Scavenger. Sadly they are lost in the digital sea and maybe one day I'll run across their bones. But until then I am happy to be back among good mates.

------------------
|
<SSSS}|###Tracker 3#####>
oSSSS}--Tracker-3--------

Linnea
Moderator
Posts: 14985
Joined: 04-22-2000 02:00 AM

Post by Linnea » 03-30-2003 05:28 PM

Hey, Tracker3 - you're blazing quite a trail there! Woooo hoooo!

A big welcome to FFST to CaptK! Way to go! Nice to have you onboard, CK - Image

User avatar
Gwen
Pirate
Posts: 332
Joined: 10-24-2000 02:00 AM

Post by Gwen » 03-31-2003 03:47 PM

I have stopped crunching and had removed myself from the team. I am not going to do Seti@home anymore, but I will put my name back, so the FFST can get credit for my 844 WU's...no sense in them just floating around out there.

Congrats, CK...see you turned in your 1st WU!

[This message has been edited by Gwen (edited 31 March 2003).]

lrs
Pirate
Posts: 853
Joined: 01-05-2003 03:00 AM

Post by lrs » 03-31-2003 07:39 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gwen:
I have stopped crunching and had removed myself from the team. I am not going to do Seti@home anymore, but I will put my name back, so the FFST can get credit for my 844 WU's...no sense in them just floating around out there.

Congrats, CK...see you turned in your 1st WU!

[This message has been edited by Gwen (edited 31 March 2003).]
</font>

Wh...WHAT?????????????????????????????

Gwen. You can't do this without some kind of explanation!! Maybe I missed it, but I've looked and I can't find it.

Please tell us what's goin' on. Thanks.

Is there any chance you will change your mind???

User avatar
Gwen
Pirate
Posts: 332
Joined: 10-24-2000 02:00 AM

Post by Gwen » 04-01-2003 10:04 AM

lrs, I am bored with SETI...I think if there are ETs out there, they will take one look at this planet and decide there is no intelligent life here, and just keep on truckin' Image Seriously, I have been looking at other distributed computing projects, but the ones I have looked at seem pretty confusing to this ole grandma. Guess I will keep on crunchin'.

lrs
Pirate
Posts: 853
Joined: 01-05-2003 03:00 AM

Post by lrs » 04-01-2003 08:19 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gwen:
lrs, I am bored with SETI...I think if there are ETs out there, they will take one look at this planet and decide there is no intelligent life here, and just keep on truckin' Image Seriously, I have been looking at other distributed computing projects, but the ones I have looked at seem pretty confusing to this ole grandma. Guess I will keep on crunchin'. </font>

Gwen, I have been reluctant here because I don't want to put my nose in your business. You're an adult woman. But this is a sickening loss to not only us, but to the entire SETI project. You are the tie that binds us together. And without you, we'll fall apart.

Anyway, I still haven't discovered what's really going on. And I am convinced that something else has happened (and I'm pretty sure it has to do with the war). But you don't want to say. I won't hound you, but I will dog you, until you change your mind. Just so you know.

If nothing else, please please don't leave FF altogether. Thanks.

Tracker3
Pirate
Posts: 80
Joined: 03-25-2003 03:00 AM

Post by Tracker3 » 04-03-2003 08:59 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Linnea:
Hey, Tracker3 - you're blazing quite a trail there! Woooo hoooo!

A big welcome to FFST to CaptK! Way to go! Nice to have you onboard, CK - Image
</font>
Ty Linnea. I am on overdrive. I currently have about six machines crunching and 28 more waiting in the wings. I want to make sure that the others can handle the WU's and their daily workload before bringing them all online. I am really excited about this project and being apart of a good team.

*** GWEN DON'T LEAVE! *** I know this is cheesy but hey it's worth a try (unless it pushes you further away then I will be sick to my stomache) Remember that "...if you loose yourself courage soon will follow so be strong tonight, remember who you are."

------------------
<SSSS}|--Tracker-3----->
oSSSS}--Tracker-3--------

User avatar
Gwen
Pirate
Posts: 332
Joined: 10-24-2000 02:00 AM

Post by Gwen » 04-03-2003 09:46 AM

tracker3, 28 waiting in the wings? Image I'm sure glad you are on our team !!!! I just got my old computer back from my son, so am going to try and get it going soon.

I'm crunchin' as fast as I can Image Image

Tracker3
Pirate
Posts: 80
Joined: 03-25-2003 03:00 AM

Post by Tracker3 » 04-03-2003 11:07 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gwen:
tracker3, 28 waiting in the wings? Image I'm sure glad you are on our team !!!! I just got my old computer back from my son, so am going to try and get it going soon.

I'm crunchin' as fast as I can Image Image

</font>
You go GWEN! I'm glad to hear that you are crunching again. I am glad that doug turned me on to this seti team. I have a good feeling about this group and all of us are working for the greater good. Even if the results do not provide evidence of a signal from another civilization outside our solar system we are still PIONEERS in the greatest frontier mankind has ever explored.

------------------
<SSSS}|--Tracker-3----->
oSSSS}--Tracker-3--------

User avatar
Gwen
Pirate
Posts: 332
Joined: 10-24-2000 02:00 AM

Kudos

Post by Gwen » 04-12-2003 03:46 PM

Kudos to Robin Preston, who has completed 2000 WU's! Outstanding job!

I will try to do stats for entire team on Monday:o

User avatar
Doug
Pirate
Posts: 259
Joined: 01-01-2003 03:00 AM
Contact:

Post by Doug » 04-12-2003 04:02 PM

Congratulations Robin!! WTG! :D

User avatar
Doug
Pirate
Posts: 259
Joined: 01-01-2003 03:00 AM
Contact:

Announcement

Post by Doug » 04-14-2003 08:58 AM

Announcement for anyone using SETISpy:

Version 3.3.0 was released over the weekend. If you are interested, you can get it from my site, or at SETISpy's new location:

http://cox-internet.com/setispy/

SETI Spy Version 3.3.0
A freeware SETI@home client watcher
Copyright © 1999-2003 Roelof J. Engelbrecht
Web: http://cox-internet.com/setispy/
E-mail: setispy@cox-internet.com

User avatar
Gwen
Pirate
Posts: 332
Joined: 10-24-2000 02:00 AM

Post by Gwen » 04-14-2003 02:36 PM

Below are team stats as of 12:22pm PST today, April 14, 2003. We have

completed 20,198 work units, total CPU time 32.21 years.

1) Embustero 5849
2) Bill 3551
3) robin preston 2009
4) BenSlain 1430
5) suvata 1066
6) Carlos Guerrero Amieva 1025
7) jaf 885 ~moved up to #7
8) Gwen P 874 ~down to #8
9) Linn7 694
10) martyjg 565
11) Rapa 524
12) Tracker3 326 ~this cruncher is smoking!
13) sufi 313
14) johnny appleseed 278
15) Revisedcode 253
16) Doug Bouck 147
17) darkman 128
18) daboodaddy 82
19) Mike 72
20) TJ 40
21) Butch 36
22) Texas_Goofball 13
23) webrad98 12
24) Chuck Currey 10 ~our newest member
25) lrs 9
26) Bill Tyner 5
27) FairBecca 2

Keep on crunchin' team!:D

User avatar
TABwebmaster
Boatswain
Posts: 2717
Joined: 05-25-2002 02:00 AM
Contact:

Re: Announcement

Post by TABwebmaster » 04-14-2003 08:02 PM

DougBupstateNY wrote: Announcement for anyone using SETISpy:

Version 3.3.0 was released over the weekend. If you are interested, you can get it from my site, or at SETISpy's new location:

http://cox-internet.com/setispy/

SETI Spy Version 3.3.0
A freeware SETI@home client watcher
Copyright © 1999-2003 Roelof J. Engelbrecht
Web: http://cox-internet.com/setispy/
E-mail: setispy@cox-internet.com


Also, Roelof J. has a rare liver disease and needs a transplant. All of that info can be found on the link that Doug provided. If anyone has used SETISpy in the past and liked it you can make a donation. This will definitely go to a great cause. $1.00? That's not too much. I'm giving $10.00. :)

Mark

Post Reply

Return to “FANTASTIC FORUM ~ SETi Team”