Architect Says Pyramid Built Inside Out

Ancient archaeology, star gates, the Mars connection, searching for lost Atlantis, evidence of ancient catastrophies, underwater cities...

Moderator: Super Moderators

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 03-31-2007 12:26 PM

By Tim Hepher
Reuters
PARIS (March 31) - A French architect said on Friday he had cracked a 4,500-year-old mystery surrounding Egypt's Great Pyramid, saying it was built from the inside out.

See 3D Images of Theory

Previous theories have suggested Pharaoh Khufu's tomb, the last surviving example of the seven great wonders of antiquity, was built using either a vast frontal ramp or a ramp in a corkscrew shape around the exterior to haul up the stonework.

But flouting previous wisdom, Jean-Pierre Houdin said advanced 3D technology had shown the main ramp which was used to haul the massive stones to the apex was contained 10-15 meters beneath the outer skin, tracing a pyramid within a pyramid.

"This is better than the other theories, because it is the only theory that works," Houdin told Reuters after unveiling his hypothesis in a lavish ceremony using 3D computer simulation.

To prove his case, Houdin teamed up with a French company that builds 3D models for auto and airplane design, Dassault Systemes, which put 14 engineers for 2 years on the project.

Now, an international team is being assembled to probe the pyramid using radars and heat detecting cameras supplied by a French defense firm, as long as Egyptian authorities agree.

"This goes against both main existing theories. I've been teaching them myself for 20 years but deep down I know they're wrong," Egyptologist Bob Brier told Reuters at the unveiling.

"Houdin's vision is credible, but right now this is just a theory. Everybody thinks it has got to be taken seriously," said Brier, a senior research fellow at Long Island University.

Egypt's Supreme Council of Antiquities was not immediately available for comment. Dassault said Brier and other Egyptologists attending the ceremony were supporters of Houdin's theory but had no financial links to him or the firm.

Much more at this link

Swerdloc
Pirate

Post by Swerdloc » 03-31-2007 01:07 PM

More information at this link.
Anchors Aweigh

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 03-31-2007 01:18 PM

Thanks Bill, now we have another theory, this guy may be right.

Barbie
Pirate

Post by Barbie » 03-31-2007 01:30 PM

A similar theory was covered in a documentary I saw on THC this past week, with respects to some of the Western Hemisphere pyramids. The one in particular that proves this (wish I could remember the name) had the Tribe's King buried in the center of the bottom of the pyramid, and the only way it could have been constructed - with a coffin MUCH too large to have been moved in after his death - was from the inside out and up. Maybe one of you will remember seeing this. There was a glorious heavy mask found on the mummy's body, and I believe the excavation took place in the mid-1900s. I tried to find this on the History Channel Site, but such little info is given on each segment it could have been (and we watch SO MANY of these broadcasts!) I honestly don't know which abandoned, mountain-top sity it was, or which country.

This city also had running water (much like the Greeks and Roman ruins), channeled up through the palace. And the fields where crops were grown had excellent irrigational cross-patterns, still visible from the air.

Swerdloc
Pirate

Post by Swerdloc » 03-31-2007 07:06 PM

My brother-in-law once opined that, no matter what theory of construction one subscribed to, the pyramids were an example of diminishing expectations.

I replied that this assumed that they were built from the bottom up.

Return to “Ancient Archaeology”