The US 41 Semi Load Of Tombstones That Killed Two Women!

Weird and unusual, whacked out news!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate

The US 41 Semi Load Of Tombstones That Killed Two Women!

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 07-24-2016 04:43 AM

This wreck is on microfilm for proof and I would have sworn I posted this story here years ago. So I searched the Indiana city name of "Evansville" and there was no thread about this true report. This is my UK version using lorry as the European name for a large semi-tractor trailer.

Your thoughts on this will be appreciated after you scroll down this short page. This OP is not meant to be a blog. Here's some hidden news that was not in the newspaper's top story that week. :wink: The older I become the more I print it out where real people are dedicated and very active keeping things interesting for our shy visitors. :)

From England to Linnea's Fantastic Forum...........

I thought to tell this last night: It's one of my accurate perceptions related to a traffic accident killing two older ladies colliding with a semi (lorry) tractor trailer loaded with Georgia, USA granite tombstone blanks :!: :shock:

I trucked livestock πŸ– πŸ‚ πŸ„ through Evansville, Indiana that had built a by-pass through the city's center finished and opened in 1974 with stop lights at every intersection. All that money was wasted and all those homes were demolished for the big change to speed up traffic in a so called by-pass. So 2 years went by with the occasional wrecks :oops: on The Dixie Bee Line, U.S. Highway 41.

I'm at a loss for the month but it was late Spring in 1976 at 10:30 pm and the future granite tombstones were coming North! Just after entering the city limits at Washington Avenue the lorry hit their turning car as the driver with the tombstones ran his red light! Bam! :oops: The car and it's two female occupants were moved over 100 feet into a fence line at Bosse High School.

The Georgia truck driver went to jail and he was held for manslaughter. The news was big on the city's 1st fatalities on their "new U.S. Highway 41 by-pass"! The next day was a Friday when I went for more trips to Morganfield, Kentucky's Heinold Hog Market πŸ– along U.S. 60. After loading up the local farmer's hogs I'd headed back up North 50 miles to EMGE's meat packing plant in Fort Branch, Indiana. During my 10 years with Heinold I safely transported between 1,500 and 1,800 head per week! :mrgreen: πŸ–πŸ–πŸ–πŸ–πŸ–πŸ–

:( That Friday afternoon I saw the damaged lorry on a wrecker being weighed at the Indiana State Police weigh station just North of the city limits. I learned later his lorry, trailer and tombstones (strapped & chained down and visible on top) was not over the weight limits. When I saw it I could not believe he was illegally over 73,280 lbs and now the limit is 80,000 lbs.

Saturday morning at daylight I got home. My late ex-wife said her mother's friend who knew one of the deceased ladies said Thursday was their regular night out at the old Executive Inn's Time Out Bar. :o

Right after hearing that news I called their police station. I first said to their Desk Sergeant on duty, "Did your officers check the blood alcohol content of the two ladies?" He said was not allowed to give out that information. I made another statement that he scoffed at. So then quickly I said, "Thank you. I'll call the Evansville Press newspaper!" That was their former evening edition we subscribed to and now it's full name is The Evansville Courier & Press.

Their male reporter was like a human sponge absorbing my introductory words. He said hang up the phone and I will call you back on our dime. The phone rang and I said quickly, " I believe both vehicles were ignoring a red light!" The ladies, after a drink or two, were turning left on red knowing right turns were OK on red was a new state law. I dealt with this illegal left turning across my path nearly nightly! :realmad: They turned across that International CO4000 lorry's path as he ran a yellow to red light! :(

When the reporter investigated this the witnesses could not verify the light color for the ladies. In Saturday evening's newspaper I read what the city's law prosecutor said, "In this case two wrongs don't make a right". The Georgia trucker was released that day. :D

I've driven a lorry 52 years and you tend to look at other loads transported. That had to be the only load of granite tombstone blanks I'd ever seen. There may have been 20 on top as a guess. The various shapes of the stones were obvious in their use! Used only in the afterlife as a purchased record of one's existence!

:P To this day turning left on red, although rare, is still a strange sight to see. This accident was the first told TV news for over a week as they probed for solutions! I wonder where all those Georgia granite tombstones are now? I believe this was an afterlife story. After two women's lives were lost unnecessarily! :idea:

:idea: "Never drink and drive :!:", and if you have done this crime and arrived luckily to your destination you should quote Edgar Allen Poe's raven saying, "Never more :!:" :vultures: :drinkingc :drink:

MK II :mrgreen: All these years later that's my face remembering my early morning phone call to the Evansville Press' reporter to help get a very forlorn Georgia truck driver set free from the Vanderburg County Jail :!:

:idea: Since Paranormal @ FF is seldom dusted off by frequent visitation, as noted by me checking 'Who is online', get busy doing a little extra dusting today :!: :mrgreen:

Here's another one of my paranormal experiences passing through the same city well known world wide for its Ghost of the Grey Lady inside it's Gothic designed Willard Library! 8)

http://fantasticforum.com/1res/viewtopi ... 41&t=49631
Last edited by Malaria_Kidd II on 11-18-2018 06:26 AM, edited 2 times in total.
"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one but don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!" :oops: :wink: from 'Gun Shots' on Twitter/ Check out http://malarino.com/ it's 95% Turmeric :!: :mrgreen:

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate

Re: The Semi Load That Killed Two Women Might Surprise You! Or not.

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 10-07-2018 09:17 PM

If there were many pirates active daily and nightly I would not do this bump. But there is but us few and maryals51 has been our only new member for a year and three months! :confused:

Once a thread gets into the Dark Pages the view #'s are mostly a steady three digits. :(

The big picture TV news here was solved by me the outsider that picked up my telephone and said the right words no one had said before. :wink:

MK II :)
"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one but don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!" :oops: :wink: from 'Gun Shots' on Twitter/ Check out http://malarino.com/ it's 95% Turmeric :!: :mrgreen:

Return to β€œWeird Nooz”