The US 41 Semi Load Of Tombstones That Killed Two Women!

Weird and unusual, whacked out news!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate
Location: SW IN USA-UK Midlands SCANIAowner @ Sound Cloud - @ Supernaturalearth

The US 41 Semi Load Of Tombstones That Killed Two Women!

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 07-24-2016 04:43 AM

This wreck is on microfilm for proof and I would have sworn I posted this story here years ago. So I searched the Indiana city name of "Evansville" and there was no thread about this true report. This is my UK version using lorry as the European name for a large semi-tractor trailer.

Your thoughts on this will be appreciated after you scroll down this short page. This OP is not meant to be a blog. Here's some hidden news that was not in the newspaper's top story that week. :wink: The older I become the more I print it out where real people are dedicated and very active keeping things interesting for our shy visitors. :)

From England to Linnea's Fantastic Forum...........

I thought to tell this last night: It's one of my accurate perceptions related to a traffic accident killing two older ladies colliding with a semi (lorry) tractor trailer loaded with Georgia, USA granite tombstone blanks :!: :shock:

I trucked livestock ๐Ÿ– ๐Ÿ‚ ๐Ÿ„ through Evansville, Indiana that had built a by-pass through the city's center finished and opened in 1974 with stop lights at every intersection. All that money was wasted and all those homes were demolished for the big change to speed up traffic in a so called by-pass. So 2 years went by with the occasional wrecks :oops: on The Dixie Bee Line, U.S. Highway 41.

I'm at a loss for the month but it was late Spring in 1976 at 10:30 pm and the future granite tombstones were coming North! Just after entering the city limits at Washington Avenue the lorry hit their turning car as the driver with the tombstones ran his red light! Bam! :oops: The car and it's two female occupants were moved over 100 feet into a fence line at Bosse High School.

The Georgia truck driver went to jail and he was held for manslaughter. The news was big on the city's 1st fatalities on their "new U.S. Highway 41 by-pass"! The next day was a Friday when I went for more trips to Morganfield, Kentucky's Heinold Hog Market ๐Ÿ– along U.S. 60. After loading up the local farmer's hogs I'd headed back up North 50 miles to EMGE's meat packing plant in Fort Branch, Indiana. During my 10 years with Heinold I safely transported between 1,500 and 1,800 head per week! :mrgreen: ๐Ÿ–๐Ÿ–๐Ÿ–๐Ÿ–๐Ÿ–๐Ÿ–

:( That Friday afternoon I saw the damaged lorry on a wrecker being weighed at the Indiana State Police weigh station just North of the city limits. I learned later his lorry, trailer and tombstones (strapped & chained down and visible on top) was not over the weight limits. When I saw it I could not believe he was illegally over 73,280 lbs and now the limit is 80,000 lbs.

Saturday morning at daylight I got home. My late ex-wife said her mother's friend who knew one of the deceased ladies said Thursday was their regular night out at the old Executive Inn's Time Out Bar. :o

Right after hearing that news I called their police station. I first said to their Desk Sergeant on duty, "Did your officers check the blood alcohol content of the two ladies?" He said was not allowed to give out that information. I made another statement that he scoffed at. So then quickly I said, "Thank you. I'll call the Evansville Press newspaper!" That was their former evening edition we subscribed to and now it's full name is The Evansville Courier & Press.

Their male reporter was like a human sponge absorbing my introductory words. He said hang up the phone and I will call you back on our dime. The phone rang and I said quickly, " I believe both vehicles were ignoring a red light!" The ladies, after a drink or two, were turning left on red knowing right turns were OK on red was a new state law. I dealt with this illegal left turning across my path nearly nightly! :realmad: They turned across that International CO4000 lorry's path as he ran a yellow to red light! :(

When the reporter investigated this the witnesses could not verify the light color for the ladies. In Saturday evening's newspaper I read what the city's law prosecutor said, "In this case two wrongs don't make a right". The Georgia trucker was released that day. :D

I've driven a lorry 52 years and you tend to look at other loads transported. That had to be the only load of granite tombstone blanks I'd ever seen. There may have been 20 on top as a guess. The various shapes of the stones were obvious in their use! Used only in the afterlife as a purchased record of one's existence!

:P To this day turning left on red, although rare, is still a strange sight to see. This accident was the first told TV news for over a week as they probed for solutions! I wonder where all those Georgia granite tombstones are now? I believe this was an afterlife story. After two women's lives were lost unnecessarily! :idea:

:idea: "Never drink and drive :!:", and if you have done this crime and arrived luckily to your destination you should quote Edgar Allen Poe's raven saying, "Never more :!:" :vultures: :drinkingc :drink:

MK II :mrgreen: All these years later that's my face remembering my early morning phone call to the Evansville Press' reporter to help get a very forlorn Georgia truck driver set free from the Vanderburg County Jail :!:

:idea: Since Paranormal @ FF is seldom dusted off by frequent visitation, as noted by me checking 'Who is online', get busy doing a little extra dusting today :!: :mrgreen:

Here's another one of my paranormal experiences passing through the same city well known world wide for its Ghost of the Grey Lady inside it's Gothic designed Willard Library! 8)

http://fantasticforum.com/1res/viewtopi ... 41&t=49631
Last edited by Malaria_Kidd II on 03-11-2019 05:31 PM, edited 3 times in total.
[*]@ #2 Find the eerie antedating of 12/7/1941 vs 9/11/01

#1 A

https://youtu.be/DUY8aSx8-yo

#1 B

๐ŸŒŽ ๐Ÿ” ๐ŸŒ ๐Ÿ—ป ๐ŸŒ ๐ŸŒ‹
https://youtu.be/ajRuvYMk30E

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/superna ... -t543.html

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate

Re: The Semi Load That Killed Two Women Might Surprise You! Or not.

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 10-07-2018 09:17 PM

If there were many pirates active daily and nightly I would not do this bump. But there is but us few and maryals51 has been our ONLY new member for a year and five months! :confused:

Once a thread gets into the Dark Pages the view #'s are mostly a steady three digits. :(

The big picture TV news here was solved by me the outsider that picked up my telephone and said the right words no one had said before. :wink:

Edited 4/20/22

Here's one more "find" resulting in a highway fatality that I asked a TV newsman to investigate prior to this sad incident.

During the eighties on Indiana's Interstate 64 the shoulder for emergency parking was repaved. That resulted in the two westbound travel lanes becoming a flat, smooth plane. That once veering "right" a driver would not feel it in the tires by slightly twisting their steering wheel.๐Ÿ˜ง

During that lengthy time eventually a semi driver's whole rig went upside down off the West berm into a flooded deep ditch and died in the crash or he drowned.๐Ÿ˜ฅ

My trucker cousin told me about it and the newsman & company did not investigate the flat plane the full width on I-64 West.๐Ÿ˜ž

Here's another not related to a fatality related to a Crete Carrier Corporation driver who nearly froze to death in Winter!

On Indiana I-69 2 miles below the Michigan line going northbound I was hauling veneer logs at 2:00 AM in 10ยฐ during a 20 mph West winds snow storm! A reflective "CCC" in white caught my eyes over a snow covered, frozen lake!

A sleeping-at-the-wheel semi driver went off the berm, down a concrete drain into 10" ice. His red Navistar-International cabover truck completely sheared off and it filled instantly with ice chunks and ice cold water!๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Many vehicles must have passed this crash before me. But when I crossed the bridge the wet, freezing, T-shirt wearing driver was sitting well into the bridge's top on a curb!

I saw a southbound United Van Lines and I asked him to stop at the bridge to rescue that driver.

The Union 76 truck stop 1 mile North always monitored the CB Radio. So I called them and they responded immediately!๐Ÿ˜‰ The driver had hypothermia and he survived by spending three weeks in Angola's hospital suffering from double pneumonia.๐Ÿ˜‡

MK II :)
Last edited by Malaria_Kidd II on 04-20-2022 01:54 PM, edited 15 times in total.

#1 A

#1 B

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate

Re: The US 41 Semi Load Of Tombstones That Killed Two Women!

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 01-19-2019 11:03 PM

Here's more FYI on topic from the UK's Supernatural Earth hosted by owner adminMadmart.๐Ÿ“ ;-)

My trip to Lake Erie yesterday... :wink:

May 06, 2011 #17
On May 4 another Transfreight company driver and I set off for the south side of Detroit, Mitchigan to Brownsburg. :lol: I got that pronunciation of Michigan from an Errol Flynn movie named "They Died With Their Boots On" about General Custer's attempt to subdue 3,000 unwilling Native Americans. And we passed through Monroe, Mitchigan which was Custer's last homeplace.

Along the way arriving at Wabash National, Lafayette, IN we picked up two new trailers bound eventually for Canada. (they will be paired 53 footers pulled by one lorry from Cambridge to Quebec!) I told our driver team member I had a Georgia trucker story; since he was from Georgia. We dropped our trailers at Transfreight's Cross Docks in Brownsburg MI and then we sped off South for a 10 hour rest break in Monroe. Well, with all that time together, I forgot to tell him this tombstone trucker's crash story. :oops:

So with the paid break time up we departed Monroe and in short order my new friend was out of sight in heavy traffic. Then hundreds of miles later and still three hours from home. I stopped for a short rest area break on I-70 West of Indianapolis thinking he was way ahead of me. A few minutes later I heard air brakes being set on a parking bobtail truck (no trailer) to my right. Surprisingly it was the lead truck lol and then I remembered to tell him this true story. :idea:

Low and behold he was a former dock worker in Atlanta, Georgia. So at times he had to load rough carved granite tombstones one at a time using a wheeled hydraulic hand jack into very hot semi-trailers in the Summer! He said he hated to handle those loads but he liked my story! :D

What a coincidence! That brief time to tell him my story was the last time I saw him on our nations Lost Highways.๐Ÿค” Because days earlier he had applied to truck our mail for the USPS.

MK II โˆ†=ยฎโ„ข

#1 A

#1 B

Return to โ€œWeird Noozโ€