Ya Got Weather?? Ya Say...

Moderator: Super Moderators

kbot
Pirate

Re: Ya Got Weather?? Ya Say...

Post by kbot » 02-25-2019 12:25 PM

We were in the high 50's/ low 60's last week. This week, back into single digits......
What the hell are we fighting for? Ah, just surrender and it won't hurt at all. You just got time to say your prayers. Yeah, while you're waiting for the hammer to fall. (Brian May of Queen)

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 02-25-2019 03:18 PM

Here in some spots in the state, nothing, where I am it is 23° and snowing working it's way to 9 inches, supposed to do the snow thing for a week.
Karma Rules

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 02-28-2019 07:30 PM

The oher day I was coming back from a trip to the local vet with my dog. I was driving on a back road which runs parallel to a river, along which, centuries ago, Massasoit had his principle village when dealing with the Pilgrims. On this day, the winds were gusting into the 70s, wind chills were subzero, and I was looking around for the local geese and swans that inhabit the river. I looked up into the sky and saw two geese flying forward, matching the road and river - except that, with the wind, they were going sideways.........

For a second I thought I was having a flashback to the 70s........ :mrgreen:
What the hell are we fighting for? Ah, just surrender and it won't hurt at all. You just got time to say your prayers. Yeah, while you're waiting for the hammer to fall. (Brian May of Queen)

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 03-03-2019 04:45 AM

Oh oh Here it comes! The whole Country in the freezer.

Arctic Air Mass To Blast US, Will Roil Power Markets Next Week

A blast of cold air is expected to dump into the Midwest and Northeast following this weekend's snowstorm. Temperatures in the affected areas are expected to plunge on Monday to record lows, highly unusual for this time of the year, which will disrupt power and gas markets.

"A persistent anomalous cold will continue across the plains over the next week. This cold comes after a record cold February across this region, extending into the Canadian prairies. Heating demand will continue to run much above normal for Early March in this portion of the country with additional heating demand potential across the entire northern tier of the United States. In addition to the cold, yet another winter storm is forecast to impact the Northeast I-95 corridor Sunday into Monday with moderate to heavy snowfall expected," reported Meteorologist and owner of Empire Weather LLC., Ed Vallee.

More Here

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-03- ... -next-week
Karma Rules

Riddick
Pirate

Severe Underreporting

Post by Riddick » 05-15-2019 02:55 PM

73 degrees and sunny here today. Warm & dry weather's welcome as it's been on the cool & wet side more than not the last month and a half or so.

What's kinda weird is, with all the rain (and snow!!) we've had, what's been curiously missing is weather of a severe sort. Storm watches and warnings? Largely absent, and we're a quarter into tornado season without major incident.

Odd, yet what's not surprising ls it's all gone unnoted by the major media. Doesn't fit the narrative.

Riddick
Pirate

We're (Gonna Be) Havin' A Heat Wave...

Post by Riddick » 07-13-2019 07:19 AM

So for temps here while we had an average past 7 days, and it was moderately above normal July 4th week, next ten days' forecast has us pushing 90 for highs & around 70 for lows. Hot! Humid! The AC will be on and the windows will be closed and if I can help it I'll spend no more time outside than is absolutely necessary -

Whatchoo gonna do? In 6 months it'll be snowing, blowing & below freezing. Furnace'll be on, windows will be closed & if I can help it I'll spend no more time outside than is absolutely necessary - 'Course if I was worried about my carbon footprint I'd have no AC & no furnace! F*ck comfort! Saving the planet comes first! Right??

Return to “Earth/ Weather/ Climate”