Earth will expire by 2050

Moderator: Super Moderators

sandy interrante
Pirate

Post by sandy interrante » 07-10-2002 08:54 PM

I heard a good tip from a veteran gardener about using old newspapers. We have a small garden. To keep weeds down, put layers of newspaper around your veggies, place grass clippings, and water. It works marvelously! The weeds are not growing, and you can walk on the newspapers, even after watering, without getting mud on your shoes. You can do this all summer since mostly everyone gets newspapers and cuts grass. No need to pull weeds or use expensive, toxic weed killers.

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 07-11-2002 09:37 AM

sandy - that will work as long as you are careful which sectins of newspapers you use. AND if the newspapers are using a biodegradable ink. I used to do that until we discovered that the soil was being harmed by the ink from the papers. Only use B&W sections and check for the type of ink being used.
- - -
As for other matters we can go back through history and find the doom and gloom - the earth will end bits scattered throughout time. The earth was to end in such and such a year due to ---

As for "death by" pollution - as my hubby reminded me - back in the days when citieis burned coal - and so did home owners, businesses, etc. black tarry stuff was all over the place. We seem to have cleaned up a lot since then.

Since most of those making the claim won't be around in 2050 -- ehh...

Post by Guest » 07-11-2002 06:52 PM

Here's where the report came from
http://www.panda.org/

Now, does any one have some really good conspirasy links for "Population control"
HEE HEE

Morgan
Pirate

Post by Morgan » 07-11-2002 07:49 PM

I've had the same attitude about these reports for decades. It really boils down to three points:

1. We ought to clean up our act. Fouling the nest is stupid.

2. All of the predictions are wrong. I base this on them all being wildly off target so far.

3. As long as we are chasing our tail and arguing about pointless things such as the Kyoto treaty (since absolutely no one claims we can change the climate much by adopting it... it's just considered a good idea just in case) we will NOT actually address problems we can deal with.

Dealing with real problems is hard. Making bogus predictions (and collection donations) is easy, and gives us all things to talk about while not doing anything.

IMHO, this report is pure smoke.

------------------
Morgan the Primate
**Cogito Ergo Spud**
Morgan the Primate
**Cogito Ergo Spud**

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 07-12-2002 10:20 AM

dang good question - what happened to allthe free timewe are suppose to have - well

we work harder and longer hours to get the money to TAKE that week or two vacation. COL has gone up dramatically so the same things that USED to cost X now cost XX. We had our children who required being driven to event A and B and oops POINT C (got to do something with that point 5 kid) and work to get them into best schools and colleges and work to put money into some kind of retirment - oops along came stock market crumble and lost 401Ks so we are back to scratch one - working longer hours to replace the money we thought we had put away....

etc etc.
Earth expiring -- nahhh just our patience.

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 03-05-2012 03:19 PM

Originally posted by Captain Kundalini
http://www.radioliberty.com/pca.htm
Thats an EXCELLENT LINK!!!!! (Even more important to read this NOW than it was in 2002!!)

A very good thread.... With the way things are going now,I DONT KNOW HOW THINGS WILL BE CLOSER TO 2050!
Last edited by Dude111 on 03-05-2012 03:22 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Earth/ Weather/ Climate”