Post by Iris » 08-04-2005 02:36 PM

Expected Earthquake, Volcanic or Storm Activity
Until Further Notice

** RED ALERT **

Are YOU Prepared?

August 3, 2005
By Stan Deyo
Home http://standeyo.com

The August 2 RED ALERT is the first of its kind I've ever made in the 9 years of studying seismic event indicators. It is so huge that I almost can't believe my eyes. The importance and severity of this has impressed me more significantly than when I predicted and warned about the coming December 26, 2004 Indonesian events beginning December 22.

For the last 7 days, I've seen indications of a large number of earthquake pressures building across a 2,000-mile long arc in the North Pacific. At first, I thought these indications were a result of large storms so I disregarded them. Until August 2 when a listener (thanks Dan) heard my radio broadcast and emailed information to me, I wasn't able to explain the cause of this discovery.

Below you will see white arrows pointing at this arc of signals that have appeared over the last 7 days. They are heading straight into Mendocino, CA to the area where three tectonic plates meet. Notice on today's image and for 6 days preceding, the clear definition of this phenomenon. It is occurring all along the Mendocino Fault Zone or Ridge. This is a place where the sea floor rises up to within 1,203 yards of sea surface 168 miles west of Mendocino, CA. It's been the subject of a great many technical papers in the world of geology and seismicity.

In addition to the Mendocino Fault, another problematic fault, the Murray Fracture Zone, lies directly south of it and joins the Mendocino at both ends. This is where the major activity and area of concern is today.

August 2, news came to us of the collapse of the resurgent dome at Mt. St. Helens. There have been a number of small earthquakes in the range of 3.0 over the last 2 weeks at Mt. St. Helens. Scientists monitoring this claim to be a loss to explain the cause.

Depending on how large and how many seismic events release along the Mendocino Ridge in the near future, where it connects to California could trigger releases not only to the San Andreas Fault map (and San Andreas photo), but also the Juan De Fuca Plate. Juan de Fuca is the only major zone on the great Ring of Fire around the Pacific that hasn't seen a major seismic event in the last 50 years. I don't need to explain the implications of such an event. When this occurs, it will be one of the greatest catastrophes in America history.

HOWEVER, since I have never seen an event of this size in the making, I don't know if it will back off and come back again several times before releasing. All I am sure of is that it's a unique event in my 9 years of monitoring these seismic indicators.

At the very least, you should be sure your emergency stocks of food, water and medicines are what they should be for such an event. We will continue to monitor this situation and are already warning on radio broadcasts. It has the potential to produce enormous tidal waves throughout the Pacific Basic.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stan's analysis shows areas of possible earthquake or volcanic activity, or extreme storm conditions for the next 1 to 5 days. Pay particular attention to areas marked by white circles. The continuous yellow line denotes plate tectonic boundaries as well as the Ring of Fire. Go to the raw data map where it is easier to see the areas of concern. Go to Stan's earthquake map archives.

DEYO NOTES: For earthquake maps, see the USGS "shake maps" (click anywhere on the global map for a closer view). For quakes USGS may not list, go to the European-Mediterranean Seismological Center's map and scroll to the bottom of the page for a global view. You can compare these maps for the next 5 days to Stan's NCODA maps, to see the hits of his seismic target zones (white circles).

Earthquake lists can viewed at EMCS and at USGS.

Ecuador's Geophysics Institute at the National Polytechnic School, does not list quakes on a daily basis as does the USGS and other entities, but when there are significant events, they post them in PDFs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: Some of the forecast stress areas can be in error up to 30% due to cloud cover variations and false signals from buoys.

MORE AT LINK
We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

Laird
Pirate

Post by Laird » 08-04-2005 11:08 PM

I'm more concerned with the possibility of an impending attack then any geophysical situation.

Yes, something is applying pressure to the entire pacific plate.
"Speak softly and carry a big stick" Teddy Roosevelt

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 08-04-2005 11:42 PM

Thanks for posting this, Iris.

I see Stan will be talking about this as the first-hour guest on C2C tonight.

We'll be tuning in. Mendocino isn't all that far away... a bit too close for comfort.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 08-04-2005 11:46 PM

That's what I figured, Joolz. I'm glad you'll be tuning in. I'm sure you must be earthquake-proofed, living where you do. I know every time I hang anything on the wall around here or put anything on a shelf, I'm always thinking about earthquake dangers. lol!

I hope all of you down in that region stay safe!
We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 08-05-2005 12:16 AM

Iris wrote: I'm sure you must be earthquake-proofed, living where you do.

THIS old house? :D Not really. We really don't get earthquakes right here, tho. My daughter felt a slight tremor once, but I've never felt one. This could be a whole different ball game, tho, if Stan is right. And speaking of hanging pictures and stuff on shelves... well, if we ever get a big one, we're in trouble. LOL
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 08-05-2005 01:10 AM

I just forwarded Stan's site to my son. I'll let y'all know if he has any thoughts about this. He should understand Stan's maps better than I do. Around here we have all the volcanoes, as well as numerous fault lines. Insurance companies won't give you earthquake insurance any more. I couldn't get it on this place at all.

Let's see... anchor all figurines/vases/breakables to shelves with a wad of masking tape, or double-backed tape. Install pressure latches to your china/glassware cabinets. Keep slippers or shoes under the edge of your bed, as cut feet from broken glass is a big one if there's a big quake. Bolt all big stuff to the wall... like if there's something that could fall on you or block your path out. If you have something above your bed that could bean you, you might want to take it down for now.

I've been in a lot of quakes -- and it's extremely hard to walk during a quake. Get under a desk/table, but NOT a desk that might collapse with a heavy monitor on it. They used to say get in a doorway, but I think they aren't saying that any more? Most quakes don't amount to much, but what he's talking about sounds like it could.

Then the usual -- water, food storage, phone numbers of someone out of state for family to contact, and so on.

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 08-05-2005 01:38 AM

Iris wrote: If you have something above your bed that could bean you, you might want to take it down for now.

Hmmm... the biggest thing above my bed that might come down (other than some pictures) is the humongous, ancient elm tree that looms over that side of the house. If it went down, it would prolly crash into my bedroom, plus rip up the foundation with its roots. Could be veddy bad. But I'm not expecting to get a quake here. I'm more worried about flooding since we are at the junction of three rivers, and are only about a half mile away from the Sacramento River.

I look forward to seeiing what your son has to say about this, Iris. I'm hoping he poo-poos it! Corvid was listening, too. He is also concerned, but pointed out that geologic events of this magnitude are extremely rare. But hey, I say rare doesn't mean impossible, and it's better to be aware and prepared than caught unaware and unprepared. That goes for most things in life. ;)
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 08-05-2005 08:32 AM

Well, my son was in a hurry when I spoke with him. He said earthquakes are almost impossible to predict. He said all he saw were a couple of maps with no explanation. I asked him to take a look at the data on Stan's page. He said "later" -- which means "good luck." Then he said it's always wise to be prepared and he should refresh his stored water. So much for that.

Did Stan say he has a page backing up that specific page with more data? I thought maybe he did, but I can't find it from his home page. Did anyone catch that? If I can find more on his site about how he arrived at his conclusion, I can prolly get Clay to look at it.

snowbird
Pirate

Post by snowbird » 08-05-2005 08:55 AM

Has anyone heard from McCanney?

snowbird

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 08-05-2005 03:32 PM

Kids and grandkids live on the coast right in the circle...we shall see.

Dayo says on C2C last night that it is a window of 8 weeks yet on his site he states a few days.

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 08-05-2005 06:44 PM

Great...I will be in Los Angeles the week of Aug. 21 -- just in time for the BIG one, it seems. Nice knowin' y'all....
It's either real or it's a dream, There's nothing that is in between. ~ Jeff Lynne

Laird
Pirate

Post by Laird » 08-06-2005 12:47 AM

Whoa that would be bad karma.

"I'm sure you'll be where you suppose to be when its time."
"Speak softly and carry a big stick" Teddy Roosevelt

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 08-06-2005 12:14 PM

"No where you can be that isn't where you're meant to be -- it's easy."

All I (and all the Pirates in California) Need is LUCK.
Last edited by HurricaneJoanie on 08-06-2005 12:17 PM, edited 1 time in total.
It's either real or it's a dream, There's nothing that is in between. ~ Jeff Lynne

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 08-06-2005 01:17 PM

I finally listened to Stan today...please my friends on the West and anyone going that direction, make sure you take care of yourselfs. This warning has me extremely concerned. :(

Bellisima
Pirate

Post by Bellisima » 08-06-2005 09:56 PM

HurricaneJoanie wrote: "No where you can be that isn't where you're meant to be -- it's easy."

All I (and all the Pirates in California) Need is LUCK.

And LOVE, Joanie, which you have from all of us.
:)
ImageA silent mouth is sweet to hear.
Irish saying

Return to “Earth/ Weather/ Climate”