Al Gore weighs in

Moderator: Super Moderators

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Al Gore weighs in

Post by Live365 » 03-01-2010 11:39 AM

Though I hold my breath until Rush comes on because I know he'll be ruthless -- and Drudge posted this article under the headline: "Al Gore Found! What's a few mistakes?" -- here is what he has to say about recent developments.......
============================================

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/28/opinion/28gore.html

OP-ED CONTRIBUTOR
We Can’t Wish Away Climate Change
By AL GORE
Published: February 27, 2010

I, for one, genuinely wish that the climate crisis were an illusion. But unfortunately, the reality of the danger we are courting has not been changed by the discovery of at least two mistakes in the thousands of pages of careful scientific work over the last 22 years by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.

The heavy snowfalls this month have been used as fodder for ridicule by those who argue that global warming is a myth, yet scientists have long pointed out that warmer global temperatures have been increasing the rate of evaporation from the oceans, putting significantly more moisture into the atmosphere — thus causing heavier downfalls of both rain and snow in particular regions, including the Northeastern United States. Just as it’s important not to miss the forest for the trees, neither should we miss the climate for the snowstorm.
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

revisedcode
DREAD PIRATE

Link

Post by revisedcode » 03-01-2010 01:17 PM

The link didnt work but I found this page.

ARTICLE

Thanks for posting this article

Revisedcode
In war there is but one favorable moment; the great art is to seize it!

Bonaparte

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 03-01-2010 01:34 PM

Thanks RC!!
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

Return to “Earth/ Weather/ Climate”