Ya Got Weather?? Ya Say...

Moderator: Super Moderators

Doka
Pirate

Re: Ya Got Weather?? Ya Say...

Post by Doka » 10-02-2015 11:52 AM

Hey Kbot, How are you doing with the storm? Hope it is a gentle rain for you. Check in ,when and if you can.

Doka
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

What's Going On With Hurricane Joaquin?

Post by Riddick » 10-02-2015 04:38 PM

Hurricane Joaquin has come out of nowhere — okay, the Atlantic Ocean, but we really weren't expecting this one! — and is now menacing the Eastern seaboard. So what's going on? How worried should you, East Coast resident, be? FULL STORY
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 10-02-2015 06:57 PM

The current thinking is that this storm will pass enough to the east and into the North Atlantic to be no more than, maybe a gale. Still forecasting strong winds and maybe some flooding, but not what was forecast a few days ago. The Cape and Islands will most likely receive the brunt of the storm as it passes into the Gulf of Maine and then maybe onto the Maritimes in Canada and then on to Europe.

A lot of people have been cutting down trees the past few weeks. I saw some trees down in the city yesterday on my way home that somehow missed some tenements. We have some roof damage that I wasn't expecting - most likely from last year's record snowfall and we're keeping our fingers crossed since my and my wife's health issues the past year have derailed any renovation plans. The chimney sweep when he was up on the roof, though that it would last the winter, so here's hoping....... We spent the day making sure that the hospital would be safe should we lose power. We had flooding a few years ago when the new ER and ground floor was under water and it made the regional news. They have pumps at the ready an we have al equipment on battery back-up and connected to emergency power.

The joys of coastal living..........
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 10-03-2015 10:53 AM

From Riddick's Posted source:

"Why is Joaquin playing tricks with forecasters? Forecasts rely on models, and the models on this one are all over the place. The late-morning run of the Global Forecast System (GFS) model has the storm slamming into the coastline of southern North Carolina overnight Saturday and into Sunday:"

Well, so much for "Models" :rolleyes: These people really get into a "Snit" when "Mom" nature changes the"game" . I would think good science would allow for "Varables".

At any rate, hope you and yours stay safe Kbot.
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 10-04-2015 04:01 AM

Thanks Doka. I think we can safely say that summer if officially gone........ chilly, raw, windy day yesterday. A good time to out away the lawn furniture and then just hunker down. Fired-up the heat yesterday for the first time this season.....
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 01-22-2016 10:00 PM

Hey Kbot, are you being bothered by this storm that going through DC? I read this from last year you guys really got hammered last year, hopefully different for you this year!
KARMA RULES

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 01-25-2016 10:51 AM

Hey Kbot...Hope you and yours are OK, sure thinking about you!
KARMA RULES

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-25-2016 11:45 AM

We fared OK - much better than last year (so far). We were on the northern fringe of the storm. The Cape and The Islands got the worst of it around here since it turned into a nor'easter and the east-facing beach communities got hammered. We only got about 4-10 inches of snow (depending on drifting). We bought some booze, lit a fire and just hunkered down for the weekend..... :D

Hated to have to get up and come to work this morning.....

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 01-25-2016 12:52 PM

kbot wrote:We fared OK - much better than last year (so far). We were on the northern fringe of the storm. The Cape and The Islands got the worst of it around here since it turned into a nor'easter and the east-facing beach communities got hammered. We only got about 4-10 inches of snow (depending on drifting). We bought some booze, lit a fire and just hunkered down for the weekend..... :D

Sounds like you had an excellent plan, glad you are OK! :D
KARMA RULES

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-26-2016 11:55 AM

Doka wrote:
kbot wrote:We fared OK - much better than last year (so far). We were on the northern fringe of the storm. The Cape and The Islands got the worst of it around here since it turned into a nor'easter and the east-facing beach communities got hammered. We only got about 4-10 inches of snow (depending on drifting). We bought some booze, lit a fire and just hunkered down for the weekend..... :D

Sounds like you had an excellent plan, glad you are OK! :D
Yeah, but after the shoveling, my back and knees are killing me - "old age" creeping in......

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 01-26-2016 07:23 PM

T_UpMichigan.jpg
T_UpMichigan.jpg (58.02 KiB) Viewed 3983 times
jus sayin.....
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 12-09-2016 09:19 AM

We had our first snow here in the PNW, we have maybe 3 to 4 inches. Really pretty, actually, every one has their Christmas lights up. The temp, is 18°, it was 9° yesterday.

This was to be a major storm, with winds, so far no winds.

How is every one else doing out there?
KARMA RULES

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 12-09-2016 12:08 PM

We're fine in SE Mass - just getting cold. We've had some snow, but nothing like the Midwest and upper Midwest has gotten. maybe a little something Sunday into Monday......

Been worried about the truckers out there with the multi-vehicle pileups I've been seeing on he news the past few days.......

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 12-09-2016 06:23 PM

Here in SE Wisconsin we have a Winter Storm Watch late Saturday and all day Sunday for a possible 8-10 inches of snow, then falling temps on Monday with highs forecast in the single digits Tuesday through Thursday

Global warming's on vacation I guess?
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

The Badger State Winter Stormageddon

Post by Riddick » 12-11-2016 03:52 AM

-Donald Trump Image

Return to “Earth/ Weather/ Climate”