Ya Got Weather?? Ya Say...

Moderator: Super Moderators

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 03-08-2015 12:50 PM

Fan wrote: Unless snow is a novelty for you I suggest you come in the summer :)

Please..... Snow is hardly a novelty. Just hearing stories from people that I know and work with.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 03-08-2015 04:06 PM

This was also our coldest Feb on record. Not one day over freezing. I think we're around 140 inches or so for snow. Not as much as some years but there have been no melting days so it's starting take up a lot of space.:bored:
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 03-08-2015 04:07 PM

BenSlain wrote: This was also our coldest Feb on record. Not one day over freezing. I think we're around 140 inches or so for snow. Not as much as some years but there have been no melting days so it's starting take up a lot of space.:bored:

yeah you guys got nailed with snow. We don't have more than usual but it has been so cold nothing has melted here either really. Last few days have been mild, almost feels like this may end at some point.
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 03-08-2015 11:23 PM

yup last two days 60s' and even into 70s
last week oops mid 20s...

stick around its just good ole mother nature!

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 03-09-2015 07:15 AM

We hit 40 yesterday. Snow is definitely melting. Might hit 50 on Wednesday...... And Daylight Saving Time is here!!!!
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 03-10-2015 08:34 AM

Giant Chunks Of Ice Wash Ashore On Cape Cod

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/03/09/g ... -cape-cod/

Wow! :eek:
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 03-10-2015 08:54 AM

Yeah, it's been interesting around here.......

I saw a story about this particular woman on a different channel last night........

Special Delivery Via Plane for Woman Living on Iced-in Maine Island

Updated at 1:22 PM EDT on Tuesday, Mar 3, 2015

A special and much-needed delivery of food came for one woman stranded by ice while living on an island off the coast of Maine.

Lobster scientist Diane Cowan tells affiliate WCSH 6 she has been stranded on Friendship Long Island for 32 days.

"I still don't know how much longer I'll be stuck here," Cowan told WCSH.

Friendship Harbor, which links the island to the mainland, has been mostly iced over for the past three weeks, meaning she can't leave and no one can get to her, which is where Cowan's friends stepped in with help.

They chartered a plane and loaded it with two boxes of food, tossing the items out of the plane window over the island so Cowan could get some much-needed groceries.

"I was thrilled, absolutely thrilled," she said.

Cowan says she has spent two months each winter on Friendship Long Island for the past 16 years, using wood for heating, gas for cooking and solar panels for electricity.

http://www.necn.com/news/new-england/Sp ... 48921.html

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 03-12-2015 09:31 PM

Very weird this year.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 04-23-2015 11:54 PM

Winter Makes An Annoying Comeback With Late April Snow
It's snowed in at least 23 states as far south as New Mexico since Sunday.

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 06-28-2015 05:36 AM

How are you guys doing in the weather department?

Don't mind telling ya, we are "Cookin" here, with no stove needed! I am all turned around (for me), I have air conditioning, but don't sleep well with it on at night. So I wake up at 2 or 3 and roam around...........

Western Heat Wave Enters History Books; At Least Five June Records Already Broken; All-Time Records Threatened (FORECAST)

http://www.weather.com/forecast/regiona ... atejun2015
:crawl:
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 06-28-2015 07:12 AM

We've been running a couple degrees below average so far this month. "Normal" high now would be 80 but the week ahead forecast has us within 2-3 degrees either side of 75. 'Cept for it's been on and off rainy, it's more or less idyllic -

Mebbe a handful of times AC woulda been an option to pull humidity out of the air later in the day, but I've yet to go there since nothing unbearable in the way of swelter has materialized here. Hopefully Accuweather lives up to its name, so much their portents show July much the same...

If this is the 'climate disruption' the Upper Midwest can expect to see from global warming, I say BRING IT ON!!

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 06-28-2015 01:48 PM

Here in the center of the lower 48 USA - a lot more rain - oh not always flooding, but drizzly days that prevent a lot of outside work. Followed of course by sunny days - making grass grow so fast have done more lawn mowing this year. Let alone keeping up with grass and weeds growing in gardens (flower beds especially)

Temps this month started out in low to mid 60s - cool for June - then hit 80s which is normal, with a few "off days in 90s" - but that is to be expected.

Now the flooding has been an issue and storms with the micro-burst winds that have caused even more damage --- way higher than normal.

((If we could only transport the flooding waters by train or truck or ... pipeline... out to west coast where they are in drought.))

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 06-28-2015 04:05 PM

Past two days been in the mid 60s. So much for beach weather......

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 06-28-2015 05:33 PM

kbot wrote: Past two days been in the mid 60s. So much for beach weather......
While we don't have ocean beach parties hereabouts, we do have Summerfest by the lake, aka "The Big Gig", unofficially kicked off the night before its start this year by none other than The Rolling Stones.

With the big name talent that's been booked and the weather that's forecast for the rest of the festival running through July 5th, record-breaking attendance is a distinct possibility.

Riddick
Pirate

Re: Ya Got Weather?? Ya Say...

Post by Riddick » 09-27-2015 04:44 PM

A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Return to “Earth/ Weather/ Climate”