Gov't/ Insurance Industry Conspiracy????

Moderator: Super Moderators

kbot
Pirate

Gov't/ Insurance Industry Conspiracy????

Post by kbot » 03-12-2015 07:04 AM

Much talk has been going on in New England at least, concerning the rising number of "named storms" and the disclaimers in insurance policies that state that "any named storm will result in claims not being paid".

Although there has also been coverage on the internet discounting this assertion, noting that only the government's weather service can officially name a storm, thus reducing insurer liability, we had this story run last night on the local news:

Mobile homes may not be covered for ice damage

(WPRI) — Thousands of homeowners were faced with damage to roofs, ceilings and floors this winter, and insurance companies are helping to pay for the damage. However, many of those with mobile homes are being left out in the cold.

In every room of Steve Greene’s home there’s leaking and damage due to an ice dam. He contacted his insurance agency and an appraiser came out to inspect the home.

“He went through and I found out it was actually worse than I thought it was,” he said.

But in the end, Green learned they wouldn’t cover any of the damage. According to the company, his type of claim is usually covered in most homes – but not mobile homes.

“If my house was a stick-built house it would be covered, and when I asked why, I was told that mobile homes tend to be leaky,” said Greene.

Insurance agents say manufactured homes tend to have higher premiums because they tend to experience more loss.

“It goes back to how it’s engineered, how it’s constructed, how it’s assembled – and therein lies the problem,” said Mark Male from Independent Insurance Agents of RI.

If you live in a mobile home, you may want to take a good look at your policy. You might be better off getting a policy from an insurer that specializes in mobile homes, and can advise you of special needs and coverages that come with those types of homes.

http://wpri.com/2015/03/11/mobile-homes ... ce-damage/
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Return to “Earth/ Weather/ Climate”