Saturday 10 Aug 02 ~ 9:00 pm Pacific ~ FF Radio Cybercast

Fantastic Forum Pirate Radio, Art Bell Fan Book

Moderator: Super Moderators

Linnea

Saturday 10 Aug 02 ~ 9:00 pm Pacific ~ FF Radio Cybercast

Post by Linnea » 08-10-2002 06:31 PM

(reposted from Radio Room topic...)

Thanks, CK - There are some obvious problems to be worked on. Sound levels need to be equalized and netcast with more punch and crispness, both voice and mixing in sound tracks. Pacing and timing will come with time and a more structured 'program card' for each show.

Also working on an 'opening theme' and standard intro - as well as a name for the radio show. Nothing has seemed just right yet. My suggestion is a plain old 'Fantastic Forum Radio' - 'being netcast to you from upon the cyber seas'. (The Cyber Seas being Spike Mike's contribution)

Regular and expected 'breaks' and bumper music segues will help pace the netcast, and also the listening audience.

We can mix in some 'public service' announcements, as well as plug the FF website and it's various goings on - as NightVoice does in promoting the 'Radio Deck - Almost Live' - with Dreamland on Saturdays. Things like this.

You see, I am a fledgling program director Image Guaranteed to drive everyone nuts before long.

We need 'structured spontaneity' - and most of all, when we have open lines, we need to hear from listeners.

We have a lot of talent here on the FF. Spike Mike is wonderful! Morgan and NightVoice are very enthusiastic and knowledgeable and have suggested projects to work on. Rick sent in some terrific original music. Capt Kundalini also sent in a haunting musical piece, not sure if he composed it, I believe so. Revisedcode has led the charge. Elk has given some technical advice, (altho' can't blame him for any problems to date Image. All in all - not a bad beginning.

We still need your participation! Please send in your original music compositions - as MP3 or WAV to: [email protected]. Also being solicited are general public service announcements, suggestions of guests with topics to be interviewed (local grassroots people that you know who have something of interest in 'the genre' to talk about) , actual interviews you have done (20-25 min)- or, a taped autobiographical sketch about yourself as a listener to the Art Bell genre, and how you came to be hooked Image And any other ideas about Fantastic Forum Radio you would like to share.

We are netcasting again tonite, beginning at 9:00 pm Pacific. So please listen in and CALL IN! - when open lines are announced! Spike Mike and RC will really appreciate hearing from you. We also welcome your email comments during the netcast: [email protected] Open Topic tonite!

Once again, the number to call is: 206 834 0050 Listen to the announcements as we may add an additional line. Please wait for open lines to be announced, as we will have other stuff going on in the program as a lead in and to get you going Image

See you there!

btw - we have no cliques here, just some folks who have been somewhat more outgoing perhaps - but we would like to hear from All Pirates out there! We are a grassroots program, and welcome your participation.

[This message has been edited by Linnea (edited 10 August 2002).]

Post by Guest » 08-10-2002 11:12 PM

Good God, that Gator is Gitantic!

Post by Guest » 08-10-2002 11:32 PM

Hi guys, I'm planning on heading out to my fave rave star gazing spot on Mt. Bonnell to see if I can get a good look at the meteor shower tonight. If I can't see it, well, you can bet that there will probably be some other goings on up there. Image

By the way, I'm not too worried about that gator getting up here to Austin. If it does, I'll just ZAP it with my phaser. Image

And another thing! Since I'm not on the Bridge, just call me "CK", so you don't have to call me "Captain Kundalini" all the time.

Great music! I'll try and send you some more tonight. Stay tuned, y'all.

Post by Guest » 08-10-2002 11:47 PM

The Simpsons Rock
They give you exaples of what not to do.

revisedcode
DREAD PIRATE

Post by revisedcode » 08-10-2002 11:51 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ASHO:
The Simpsons Rock
They give you exaples of what not to do.
</font>
In war there is but one favorable moment; the great art is to seize it!

Bonaparte

jeri sexton
Pirate

Post by jeri sexton » 08-10-2002 11:54 PM

Hello there RC and Spike Mike..

I tuned in to the pirate radio tonight, but it wasn't coming in for me,it was broken up. i think i need to upgrade window's media to 7.0 or something..
Or get a new puter..
I didn't have this problem with the pc in Ramona.. but not there tonight,

Anyhow, i heard a little of it.
Hope to call in sometime too.
YOUR EMAIL BOUCES PLEASE FIX IT or DO NOT subscribe to email notices.

revisedcode
DREAD PIRATE

Post by revisedcode » 08-10-2002 11:59 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jeri sexton:
Hello there RC and Spike Mike..

I tuned in to the pirate radio tonight, but it wasn't coming in for me,it was broken up. i think i need to upgrade window's media to 7.0 or something..
Or get a new puter..
I didn't have this problem with the pc in Ramona.. but not there tonight,

Anyhow, i heard a little of it.
Hope to call in sometime too.

</font>
HI Jeri, call any time. LINES open now..

RC Image
In war there is but one favorable moment; the great art is to seize it!

Bonaparte

Cpt Spike Mike
Joint Chief

Post by Cpt Spike Mike » 08-11-2002 12:41 AM

But not now. Image

We were running out of stuff to talk about, so R/C & I cut it a little short tonight. But we'll be ready again come next Friday. Just think: years from now, you'll be able to hang out in a trendy internet cafe and say, "I've been listening to R/C & Spike for years and I think they're fabulous."
'course, people will probably look at you real weird-like...

Return to “Fantastic Forum Productions”