For My Next Show, Requests and Dedications

Fantastic Forum Pirate Radio, Art Bell Fan Book

Moderator: Super Moderators

Gwen
Pirate

Post by Gwen » 02-16-2003 09:00 PM

CK, I just got a chance to listen to your MonsterHour. FANTASTIC! Thank you so much. My husband listened to it with me. There are some great songs there. You did an outstanding job.

Do you have "Sunday Morning Coming Down" by Kris Kristoferson? Another trip down memory lane for me Image

Post by Guest » 02-16-2003 09:30 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gwen:
CK, I just got a chance to listen to your MonsterHour. FANTASTIC! Thank you so much. My husband listened to it with me. There are some great songs there. You did an outstanding job.

Do you have "Sunday Morning Coming Down" by Kris Kristoferson? Another trip down memory lane for me Image

</font>
Thank you! Image I have a few songs by Kris. I'll try to get that one on for you next week.

Post by Guest » 02-18-2003 09:31 PM

Well, the new show has been uploaded to RC. All I'm doing now is wating for him to do the coversion and post it up. In the meantime, I'm going to start putting my new show together with new Dedications and Requests on Thursday. Deadline for Requests is Thursday at Noon.

revisedcode
DREAD PIRATE

Post by revisedcode » 02-18-2003 09:52 PM

In war there is but one favorable moment; the great art is to seize it!

Bonaparte

TABwebmaster
Boatswain

Post by TABwebmaster » 02-19-2003 03:20 AM

CK~

Can I make a recommendation? Not Rock but close...Hank Williams, Jr.? I have a few songs saved in mp3 from my CD collection and would be willing to send them to you. A couple are his version of a classic like Ain't Misbehavin', Texas Women, Keep Your Hands To Yourself...etc. I'd love to hear these on one of your future shows. Just let me know if you agree and where I can send the files.

Thanks,
Mark

Post by Guest » 02-19-2003 06:03 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TABwebmaster:
CK~

Can I make a recommendation? Not Rock but close...Hank Williams, Jr.? I have a few songs saved in mp3 from my CD collection and would be willing to send them to you. A couple are his version of a classic like Ain't Misbehavin', Texas Women, Keep Your Hands To Yourself...etc. I'd love to hear these on one of your future shows. Just let me know if you agree and where I can send the files.

Thanks,
Mark
</font>
Bocephus! That'll work. Image

Post by Guest » 02-20-2003 09:04 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by maryals:
Good Captain Sir (and good friend):
"What I Did For Love" from the Broadway cast album of "A Chorus Line".
I envy you....I mean...I'll have to drink a WHOLE lotta Single Malt to be able to open up and share with us the way you do....the way you did in the Topic "Love Letters...." for Valentine's Day.
Instead, I'll just listen, with you, to "What I Did For Love" and let telepathy tell our tales to each other!

</font>
I'll see what I can do. I'll have to give it a listen first.

(3 minutes later)

Not bad! Image I never saw "A Chorus Line". I wish I had.

Gwen
Pirate

Post by Gwen » 02-20-2003 04:59 PM

CK, show 4 was wonderful! Some really good stuff. I particularly liked "Hypnotized" by Fleetwood Mac, requested by Crow T Robot, I think. I don't remember ever hearing that. Great job, again. Thank you. You really poured your heart and soul into that hour, didn't you?

In keeping with Maryal's show tune request, do you think you can find Richard Harris' "MacArthur Park" from Camelot? I know it's too late for next show, but somewhere down the road.

Again, thank you for all you do.

Post by Guest » 02-20-2003 05:58 PM

Okay, here is a list of our current demographics:

Listeners:

Maryals
Gwen
Linnea
Laird
Spike Mike
RevisedCode
Crow T. Robot
Juno4
Irs
Mark (TABMaster)
LisaA
Eaddie
Lutefisk
The Packrat
DougB

15 listeners, not bad! Image
Y'all get the word out to the other pirates.
I just realized that I have so many great tunes, that it can be hard to decide what tunes to put in.
I might have to put forth another MONSTER HOUR pretty soon. That means lots more music.

Archived shows can be found at the Fantastic Forum Pirate Radio Webpage or the Captain's Ready Room. Enjoy!

Swerdloc
Pirate

Post by Swerdloc » 02-20-2003 06:29 PM

In keeping with Maryal's show tune request, do you think you can find Richard Harris' "MacArthur Park" from Camelot?</font>
Just a quibble (or maybe two): "MacArthur Park" was not in "Camelot;" it was a pop tune by Jimmy Webb. Also, it was either the winner or a high-ranking contender in Dave Barry's compilation of the worst songs of all time. (Matter of taste, of course.)

In terms of sonic lineup: you got any Muddy Waters or John Lee Hooker? And are you familiar with Sue Foley (great Canadian blues slinger formerly based in Austin), Wayne "The Train" Hancock, or Webb Wilder (Last of the Full-Grown Men)?

------------------
Bill

"Everybody is ignorant, just on different subjects." --Will Rogers (1879-1935)
Anchors Aweigh

Post by Guest » 02-20-2003 07:37 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Swerdloc:
Just a quibble (or maybe two): "MacArthur Park" was not in "Camelot;" it was a pop tune by Jimmy Webb. Also, it was either the winner or a high-ranking contender in Dave Barry's compilation of the worst songs of all time. (Matter of taste, of course.)

In terms of sonic lineup: you got any Muddy Waters or John Lee Hooker? And are you familiar with Sue Foley (great Canadian blues slinger formerly based in Austin), Wayne "The Train" Hancock, or Webb Wilder (Last of the Full-Grown Men)?

</font>
Not a prob, Swerdloc. Richard Harris was in Camelot, but the song wasn't. I've got your Muddy Waters and John Lee Hooker in one of my previous shows which are archived in the aforementioned webpages.

Gwen
Pirate

Post by Gwen » 02-20-2003 10:16 PM

Sorry, got mixed up...but Richard Harris did sing MacArthur Park and it was and is one of my favorite songs...I don't care if it was on Dave Barry's worst list. Sorry if my tastes offend any of you. I will keep them to myself from now on.

megman
Parrothead

Post by megman » 02-20-2003 10:24 PM

Let's talk another great Canadian singer: Jimmy Buffet

Yes, the man is a Bluenoser. Straight out of Nova Scotia, Canada. Image
And I would like to hear "Maybe the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about"
------------------
~~Can't sleep, the clowns will eat me....~~
Come visit us at
www.megmansgym.ca

[This message has been edited by megman (edited 20 February 2003).]
Still an Original Pirate since Aug 2000
Wanna ride the Zamboni?

Post by Guest » 02-20-2003 11:37 PM

Sorry, got mixed up...but Richard Harris did sing MacArthur Park and it was and is one of my favorite songs...I don't care if it was on Dave Barry's worst list. Sorry if my tastes offend any of you. I will keep them to myself from now on. </font>
Gwen, as far as I know your tastes in music hasn't bothered anybody. It certainly doesn't bother me. If your taste in music does by chance bother someone, to hell with them. They are narrow minded and have no true enjoyment for music.
Post what you want. Image

megman
Parrothead

Post by megman » 02-21-2003 12:37 AM

I guess mine was taken as a joke.

Check Jimmy Buffet's Far Side of the World, Track #8 Image
Still an Original Pirate since Aug 2000
Wanna ride the Zamboni?

Return to “Fantastic Forum Productions”