Going to the dogs...

George Noory/Guests, Commentary,
Radio topics

Moderator: Super Moderators

Divinorumus
Pirate

Post by Divinorumus » 08-05-2006 02:54 PM

Ken, when you hear that a mainstream corporation like Denny's is starting to sponsor Coast-to-Coast

ha ha ha, I began giving that some thought back when George starting doing those commercials about tylenol with those little laser holes in it so the stuff gets into you faster. Didn't George do a show long ago about the fda and such things that included some bashing of that med and how it was wrecking livers and how bad it was and how all that was being kept a secret. I swear I hear something like that before on c2c. ... Wondering too ... :confused: What next? Commercials for RFID embedded products? ha ha ha
Last edited by Divinorumus on 08-05-2006 02:56 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Ken 24-7
Pirate

Post by Ken 24-7 » 08-05-2006 05:28 PM

We've heard so much about the apocalyptic horrors of an RFID world, isn't it time George gave the corporate interests a chance to rebut? ;)
"You never had a camera in my head."
-- Jim Carrey, 'The Truman Show' (1998)

Dixie Butcher
Pirate

Post by Dixie Butcher » 08-07-2006 08:01 AM

JimWest wrote: Anyone remember former host Mike Seagal and his pet cat, Vanna? Sounds kind of familiar, doesn't it?

Jim West, if I played bridge, I would definitely want you to be my partner.

Dixie Butcher
Pirate

Post by Dixie Butcher » 08-07-2006 08:11 AM

joequinn wrote: Ken, when you hear that a mainstream corporation like Denny's is starting to sponsor Coast-to-Coast, then you know that the end is near... When you start hearing the Ford Motor Company commercials --- as, I am sure, you will, sooner or later! --- you can just put a fork in Coast-to-Coast, 'cause it's done!

To express the problem in terms of logic, the intersection of truth and corporate capitalism is the nul set!

Joe, at the risk of sounding like an ad for something, you'd get a kick out of one of my friend's radio programs. He hates corporate america, and when he has to do commercials for "big corporate anything" (which is fairly uncommon, but it happens) - he makes no bones about editorializing about the evils of Big Corp. during his commercials for their products!! He occasionally has to advertise for a club that has a dj who also works for Clear Channel, and in the middle of the ad., I've heard him just GO OFF on the evils of Big Radio, and what scum sucking leeches they are. He's fond of using the word "feces" when speaking about them. :)

Clatu
Pirate

Post by Clatu » 08-07-2006 04:36 PM

Divinorumus wrote: ha ha ha, I began giving that some thought back when George starting doing those commercials about tylenol with those little laser holes in it so the stuff gets into you faster. Didn't George do a show long ago about the fda and such things that included some bashing of that med and how it was wrecking livers and how bad it was and how all that was being kept a secret. I swear I hear something like that before on c2c. ... Wondering too ... :confused: What next? Commercials for RFID embedded products? ha ha ha

Does Art, George and Ian decide what Sponsor adds will be spoken of on Coast, or is it Coast?

Curious.

Clatu

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 08-28-2006 11:25 PM

Good grief, has anyone checked out the guests on C2C tonight, it sounds like 20/20 or Dateline material, what is happening to weekdays on Coast I sure don't miss it.

spaceprophet
Pirate

Post by spaceprophet » 08-29-2006 12:12 AM

Shirley, C2C is becoming more mainstream and conservative. Cookie-cutter if you will.

Clear Channel has never been anything but in it's programming.

The fact that Coast now is becoming exactly an identical clone to all the other "news" and political rant and discussion shows owned by Clear Channel and Prem Rad is of no surprise.

It's by design.

For instance, compare any two Clear Channel stations anywhere in the country regardless of geography and you'll find they're exactly the same. In fact many of them play the same music at the very same time and take the same commercial breaks at the same time.

Big corporations call this "streamlining operations." That way they have complete control of the product that's offered to the consumer at any given location at any given time.

When Prem Rad strives to have all of it's talk radio shows resembling each other it's quite by design.

So they can control the product. Hence, you have shows now on C2C becoming more like the ones you see on the Fox News Channel or CNN.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man. - Jack Handey

Divinorumus
Pirate

Post by Divinorumus » 08-29-2006 12:21 AM

When Prem Rad strives to have all of it's talk radio shows resembling each other it's quite by design.
Someone will let me know when Rush starts doing UFO shows - ha, I mean after all, UFOs are suppose to be a national security threat, and so you would think he would certainly want to devote some serious time to that subject, unless he's been contracted to only concentrate on something else or whatever ... :confused:

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 08-29-2006 12:28 AM

I agree Space, thank God we still have Art.

OidarAM

Post by OidarAM » 08-29-2006 12:39 AM

Yep old George and the corp. people think we are fools.

The crap they put on and dare call it Coast 2 Coast makes me >>>WELL FRIKEN SICK!

I am so sick of the media lies and front stories....it is like they all get the fax and all almost at the same time read the story.

Everything seems just fake....maybe this is what Art meant when he said.....NOTHING IS AS IT SEEMS!

or maybe I am but a wingnut going INSANE!
OidarAM

TrinityR
Pirate

Post by TrinityR » 08-29-2006 02:47 AM

Shirleypal wrote: Good grief, has anyone checked out the guests on C2C tonight, it sounds like 20/20 or Dateline material, what is happening to weekdays on Coast I sure don't miss it.

Well, as I can not sleep right now I decided to check in with the program. Now I can sleep again.:o This line up is awful. I agree with you Shirley, what in the hell is going on with it??? :eek: :eek: This whole week is a bust for me as far as I am concerned, what a shame..:(

Samhain
Pirate

Post by Samhain » 08-29-2006 03:49 AM

One of the worst yet. Why are they doing this topic on Coast?

Plainsman
Pirate

Countercultural Pope?

Post by Plainsman » 08-29-2006 08:23 AM

The "Countercultural Pope" is interviewing Pat Buchanan on Thursday night, I see. Does George think no one listens to other news shows? This is a complete waste of C2C's valuable air time. It's getting to be embarrassing.

IvyQ
Pirate

Post by IvyQ » 08-29-2006 11:02 AM

C2C used to send an email to Streamlink members letting them know when their subscription was due and you would you have a choice to cancel. Now, no email reminders anymore. Makes me think C2C does not want to let on to people that their subscriptions are running out and then they automatically bill you. If it wasn't for Art, I wouldn't be a Streamlink member at all.

Dixie Butcher
Pirate

Post by Dixie Butcher » 08-29-2006 02:11 PM

OidarAM wrote: Everything seems just fake....maybe this is what Art meant when he said.....NOTHING IS AS IT SEEMS!

Spot on, my friend. Take time to read between the lines, and you'll find clues. Mr. Noory's stories last night about buying his Spanish teacher a margarita and the 'football coach' question he posed to Robbins were perfect! There were LAYERS of tells & giveaways to - "things" - not just the obvious, either. The entire show was magical - it was a custom-made vehicle for Exposure - and I'm *not* talking about our educational system!

Wish I could have been listening with Joe Quinn - I'd love to hear what his laugh sounds like.

Return to “George Noory/C2C AM Topics/Radio topics”