What Was George Thinking?

George Noory/Guests, Commentary,
Radio topics

Moderator: Super Moderators

Plainsman
Pirate

What Was George Thinking?

Post by Plainsman » 09-12-2006 07:58 AM

Last night, George may have hit a new low. during the 1:00 am (PT) news, it was reported the US Embassy in Damascus, Syria was under attack. When the news was over, George announced he and Tommy had found a phone # for the embassy and placed an on-air call to see what was going on! He went through several automatic prompts (all in Lebanese or something) then allowed the phone to ring 6-8 times, all the while mumbling something about they probably are all huddled up for protection somewhere but someone may walk by and pick up the phone. He finally gave up and told Tommy to monitor the call and let it continue ringing to see if anyone answered.

Another feeble effort to remind his audience what a tremendous newsman he is, I guess (he does have three "local" Emmys, you know). In my opinion, this was a sophomoric stunt that could have endangered lives at the US Embassy.

It's a good thing C2C is on at night. Otherwise, George probably would have tried to call Columbine High in Colorado while students were being shot to see "what was going on." Or, he might have tried to call the World Trade Center just before the towers collapsed to see if he could get someone to delay escaping for their life to chat with him on the phone to see what was going on.

Ridiculous!

PS. While he was listening to the lengthy phone prompts, George commented that he speaks the language pretty good, but not that good. Maybe English is his second language.

cherry
Pirate

Peace, Mercy and Justice

Post by cherry » 09-12-2006 08:29 AM

Plainsman wrote: . . . .during the 1:00 am (PT) news, it was reported the US Embassy in Damascus, Syria was under attack.

The real question is who attacked the U.S. Embassy in Damascus
and for what reason?

Dynja
Pirate

Re: Peace, Mercy and Justice

Post by Dynja » 09-12-2006 10:41 AM

cherry wrote: The real question is who attacked the U.S. Embassy in Damascus
and for what reason?

They were trying to get to the phone and talk to George. ;)

cherry
Pirate

Post by cherry » 09-12-2006 06:36 PM

East of the Rockies or First Time Callers or Wildcard? ;)

Methos
Pirate

Re: Re: Peace, Mercy and Justice

Post by Methos » 09-12-2006 08:38 PM

Dynja wrote: They were trying to get to the phone and talk to George. ;)

;) :D :D :D :D :D

TrinityR
Pirate

Post by TrinityR » 09-12-2006 11:24 PM

He did what?!? :eek: Oh my..this is why I just do not listen to him anymore. He is going to an alternate universe that I simply do not want hear about anymore. What a shame..

Dixie Butcher
Pirate

Post by Dixie Butcher » 09-12-2006 11:27 PM

I don't know why exactly, but somehow it reminds me of when GN said that he doesn't vote because it's his responsibility as a "journalist" to remain unbiased.

George Noory
Pirate

Post by George Noory » 09-12-2006 11:33 PM

But its ok for CNN and MSNBC to talk to a marine at the embassy.???...It's news!!!!and we're going after it.

Dixie Butcher
Pirate

Post by Dixie Butcher » 09-12-2006 11:56 PM

George Noory wrote: But its ok for CNN and MSNBC to talk to a marine at the embassy.???...It's news!!!!and we're going after it.
Mm. Yes. I understand what you're saying, and that's commendable, but you cited sources that are known NEWS entities, and I think you can pretty much bank on them having "people" over there who know who they are when they call in, and are likely expecting calls from CNN, FOX, MSNBC, etc., whereas you guys aren't really "on the list" on any kind of regular basis. I mean, if you were, I'm sure you'd be reporting more "news from the field" live on the air, right? And also have a "special number" to call for scoops and all. Kinda like RCH has y'all's "private line" so he can call in at will.

So, I think what Plainsman was saying was maybe you were a little out of your league at the moment, and just trying to give the impression that Coast to Coast is something that it is not, that being the AP, Reuters, etc....

Talking to the Phone Tree at the Damascus Embassies doesn't exactly make you Geraldo Rivera.... but it's cool to know that you're fluent in Arabic! :)

George Noory
Pirate

Post by George Noory » 09-13-2006 12:00 AM

So why make a big deal 'of a phone call'.........................incredible

SetiCruncher
Pirate

Post by SetiCruncher » 09-13-2006 12:04 AM

I'll admit, the embassy call was unexpected, but thats what C2C does, it breaks news first!

The embassy is not Paranormal in nature, but George's show reaches millions, and C2C broke the story even before it appeared on CNN, so naturally George tried to reach the Embassy in an attempt to "Get the truth" and hopefully put those with loved ones working there at ease.

Monday to Friday its George's show, don't like it? Then don't listen. No one's forcing you to tune in.
Veritas, Aequitas, Fides

Dixie Butcher
Pirate

Post by Dixie Butcher » 09-13-2006 12:04 AM

Why are you so upset, Sugar? It's just people commenting! Lighten up! :)

(edit) : the above was for GN, not you SetiCruncher, but all points taken! :)

Plainsman
Pirate

Post by Plainsman » 09-13-2006 12:24 AM

Since when does C2C break news first? C2C doesn'[t have news correspondents or stringers around the globe, so does George "remote view" the earth every few minutes to determine where breaking news is occurring?

Based on what I heard, he probably got some sort of network alert that a breaking news story was being fed to stations. Just seconds before the top of the hour, he informed the audience that the US Embassy was "under attack" (not "had been attacked").

It seems strange to me that some guy on live radio in LA would decide to call an American facility currently under attack and expect someone to stop shooting, answer the phone and talk to him on the air.

Oh well, I guess that's how you win another "local" Emmy.

Dominic
Pirate

Post by Dominic » 09-13-2006 01:29 AM

nO we dont want "live" phone calls to the embassy. What the people need is George's commentary from official statements issued by Condoleeza Rice and the State Department filtered through AP newswires. The phone call is the best he could do to get on the scene. It was worth the try I think. Unless C2C has correspondent sleeper cells around the world to catch events as they occur. George I hope that in the future you make more candid calls. I know its near impossible to call informants on UFO disclosure. The MIB will surely be on your tail. I agree with a previous post about keeping it in the coast to coast material.

In the universe next door George, someone does answer that phone at the Embassy and what does he or she say????

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

TrinityR
Pirate

Post by TrinityR » 09-13-2006 02:00 AM

GN reads the Drudge Report, that is his breaking news..

Return to “George Noory/C2C AM Topics/Radio topics”