Pirate

Post by feetsie » 09-14-2006 08:44 PM

don't gotta do not'ing
God is

thalia
Pirate

Post by thalia » 09-14-2006 08:50 PM

Clatu wrote: ________________________

Surely you will understand at your 123rd post and a July member here, leaves you with only your said " listened to CTC since CTC began" thought -- words.

George has not "tanked the show", he has grown the audience.
I can't understand why this foolishness about CtC's main host continues here.
I just have real trouble understanding the need to hate or despise the very person who keeps the show alive and healthy night after night -- without time off for back problems.

Clatu

Clatu, I wonder exactly who you think you are that you feel you can dismiss another member's opinion because of their join date and number of posts? Or if not dismissal, then at least an inference that that member might be less than honest.

The join date and number of posts do not reveal how long that person has been a C2C listener, in spite of what you might think.

I've only just joined this forum but have lurked here for years. Since long, long before you became a member. I discovered Art Bell's show back in '97 and remember the days when the website was [url]http://www.artbell,[/url] not http://www.coasttocoastam. Does the fact that I've only just joined mean that my opinion doesn't count as much as long-time FF members?

And this: "the very person who keeps the show alive and healthy night after night" is only your opinion. Shared by many, yes; but there are also many who believe otherwise, who believe that the show is anything but alive and healthy these days. And they have the right to voice their opinion in that regard as much as you have the right to voice your opinion otherwise -- and to be able to do it without earning belittling or snide comments from you!

You want names for those for whom HurricaneJoanie unknowingly spoke? Add mine to the list.

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 09-14-2006 09:04 PM

To borrow a phrase from many respected Pirates I could mention:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I don't barge in on ANYONE that listens. Or dictate who they listen to. I would challenge you to provide evidence contrary. And yer right. It is not a priority in my life, who you listen to. I was just stating my thoughts. In the moment. But "worrying" and "caring" are two vastly different things. Sorry some don't see that. Sorry some don't see how others may care.

Christ Jesus, let us get over ourselves.

Thanks for the thread, Pirates. Officially out of it.

Thanks, Clatu.

And P.S., to quote a phrase. Just leave it at that.

Thanx.
Last edited by Live365 on 09-14-2006 09:56 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 09-14-2006 10:23 PM

Welcome to the Good Ship FF, Thalia. And well said.
:)
It's either real or it's a dream, There's nothing that is in between. ~ Jeff Lynne

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 09-14-2006 10:30 PM

HurricaneJoanie wrote: Welcome to the Good Ship FF, Thalia. And well said.
:)

I will second that Thalia, welcome.

TrinityR
Pirate

Post by TrinityR » 09-14-2006 11:18 PM

thalia wrote: Clatu, I wonder exactly who you think you are that you feel you can dismiss another member's opinion because of their join date and number of posts? Or if not dismissal, then at least an inference that that member might be less than honest.

The join date and number of posts do not reveal how long that person has been a C2C listener, in spite of what you might think.

I've only just joined this forum but have lurked here for years. Since long, long before you became a member. I discovered Art Bell's show back in '97 and remember the days when the website was [url]http://www.artbell,[/url] not http://www.coasttocoastam. Does the fact that I've only just joined mean that my opinion doesn't count as much as long-time FF members?

And this: "the very person who keeps the show alive and healthy night after night" is only your opinion. Shared by many, yes; but there are also many who believe otherwise, who believe that the show is anything but alive and healthy these days. And they have the right to voice their opinion in that regard as much as you have the right to voice your opinion otherwise -- and to be able to do it without earning belittling or snide comments from you!

You want names for those for whom HurricaneJoanie unknowingly spoke? Add mine to the list.

Thank you my friend, I appreciate it. More than you can imagine. Oh, and add mine to the list as well. I think we have been 'out of it' too long and that is why this show that we once loved..when Art began I may add has made us feel so 'disconnected' to it during the weekdays. But, on the positive side? We get Art on the weekends..Amen to that.

Again, to you all..thanks..

thalia
Pirate

Post by thalia » 09-15-2006 08:57 AM

Thank you for the welcome, HurricaneJoanie and Shirleypal. I've enjoyed reading your posts during the long time I've lurked here.

TrinityR, you're welcome. :) I've enjoyed reading your posts as well; they're thoughtful, fair and well-written (in my opinion).

On forums, really the only way we can get a handle on other members is by the quality and content of their posts. Yours stand up well. I wonder how many of Clatu's could stand up to the same criteria?

TrinityR said:
I think we have been 'out of it' too long and that is why this show that we once loved..when Art began I may add has made us feel so 'disconnected' to it during the weekdays. But, on the positive side? We get Art on the weekends..Amen to that.
Agreed!

Clatu
Pirate

Post by Clatu » 09-18-2006 05:59 PM

thalia wrote: Clatu, I wonder exactly who you think you are that you feel you can dismiss another member's opinion because of their join date and number of posts? Or if not dismissal, then at least an inference that that member might be less than honest.

Sorry, I should be more clear. I'm Pirate lacking the blood-lust to slam dunk ( try that is) a Host of Coast To Coast AM.

Clatu:)

thalia
Pirate

Post by thalia » 09-18-2006 08:32 PM

And when you bring home a defective item, or at least a newer model of an old favourite that doesn't work nearly as well, do you not raise a stink with the manufacturer?

Or are you one of those who shrugs and says, 'Oh, but the salesman was such a nice guy, I won't say anything negative'?

That might work for you. For many, including me, it doesn't.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the Noory critics here tend to stick to criticizing the host and the radio network? I may have missed it, but I don't recall them belittling Noory supporters for being supporters. It seems that's a technique you are unable to emulate.

Clatu
Pirate

Post by Clatu » 09-18-2006 09:22 PM

Look around I suggest. You may find the answer to your question, posted earlier on another GN thread.

The whole thing tires me, not necessarily wears me down -- but just tires me of the ongoing nonsensical nastiness, by the same group of respected Pirates.

George bashing's been going on before I arrived and the first time I asked directly on a bashing thread, Linnea had the courtesy to explain some Fantastic Forum history to me with respect to Mr Bell and how and why this Forum was made-up and initialized.

Clatu

Return to “George Noory/C2C AM Topics/Radio topics”