Coast to Coast going political more...

George Noory/Guests, Commentary,
Radio topics

Moderator: Super Moderators

Ziroc
Pirate

Coast to Coast going political more...

Post by Ziroc » 11-08-2006 10:56 AM

First, we get George allowing that idiot Alex jones on the air, to spout his lies--I despise that traitor-- and NOW more often, George is doing political shows, such as THIS one for tonight:

Wed 11.08
Financial pundit and economic analyst, 'Mish' Shedlock will discuss the second wave of the current housing collapse and how it will usher in a rise in bankruptcies and unemployment nationwide.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/2006/11/08.html

George will say "I like to do these every once and a while", but that IS NOT what Coast to Coast is about. It's NOT political.

George just wants to cover the same stuff 3000 other talk shows around the Country do. WOW, so much for C2C being unique anymore.

I see C2C going more and more towards this type of format. He doesn't get it though, as the Art Bell show became a nationwide hit BECAUSE it was unique, and people were sick of the same old crap all the other talk radio hosts covered.

George, man, if you REALLY want to cover other things, maybe you need to move on from C2C and hand the reigns over to someone that is really into the subject matter that made C2C #1.

When you *do* shows that are on topic, some are good, but research some of the stuff before airtime. And come up with your own questions on the fly, and not read questions from a pre-made list provided by your corporate cohorts! :)
Last edited by Ziroc on 11-08-2006 10:59 AM, edited 1 time in total.
Ziroc™
"I thought there was no Chill town!" - Howie Gordon - BB6/BB7 AS

IvyQ
Pirate

Re: Coast to Coast going political more...

Post by IvyQ » 11-08-2006 10:59 AM

Ziroc wrote: George, man, if you REALLY want to cover other things, maybe you need to move on from C2C and hand the reigns over to someone that is really into the subject matter that made C2C #1.

I agree!!! Keep C2C in it's orginal format!

Hurst
Pirate

Post by Hurst » 11-08-2006 11:35 AM

I AGREE, BUT I AM NOT SURE THAT GEORGE GETS TO CHOOSE THAT MUCH.....MIGHT NOT BE ALL GEORGE'S FAULT.

Plainsman
Pirate

Post by Plainsman » 11-08-2006 11:53 AM

Does George run Tommy and Lisa, or do Lisa and Tommy run George?

Either way, it's George's fault.

It could be worse. We could end up with more Doctor Morgus-type goofiness, the Numbers lady, or C-list entertainers on C2C.

Dixie Butcher
Pirate

Post by Dixie Butcher » 11-08-2006 12:07 PM

Plainsman wrote: Does George run Tommy and Lisa, or do Lisa and Tommy run George?

:)

Dominic
Pirate

Post by Dominic » 11-08-2006 12:10 PM

George wants Mainstream. He wants to be the household name. Sometimes I will overhear a conversation in a supermarket about reptilian ufo's, shadow people, and remote viewing and other obvious Art Bell expert material. Usually its between one who is well versed in C2C and one who is an "innocent" who has not even heard of C2C let alone grant the possibility of such things to be seriously considered. Then I will chime in with other C2C related musings by making a statement incorporating John Titor and mass mind experiments. Then we both realize the old Jedi Mind coast2coast consciousness that we need not even utter the words "Art Bell", "Coast2Coast", let alone "George Noory".

Dominic
Pirate

Post by Dominic » 11-08-2006 03:06 PM

I think George should be allowed to do a political show ONCE right before OR right after an election and only during an election year, not sprinklled throughout the year.

teresius
Pirate

Post by teresius » 11-14-2006 03:18 PM

how about we streamline that idea?
how about noory does one show per year..... PERIOD!!!
hunh?
hunh?
you like?
email me directly at: teresius "at" comcast.net (all one word, of course)

Biker
Pirate

Post by Biker » 11-14-2006 03:36 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dominic
George wants Mainstream. He wants to be the household name.

He is *becoming* a household name, but not for reasons he would like.;)

Biker

Elk
Pirate

Post by Elk » 11-14-2006 04:16 PM

I know what you mean. When my prostate acts up, Noory is the first person I think of...:p

Jon-Marcus
Pirate

Post by Jon-Marcus » 11-14-2006 04:41 PM

Heh. Yeah, I have to wonder if he really uses all the those products he advertises.
:D
"You have forgotten the face of your father." Roland Deschain

spaceprophet
Pirate

Re: Coast to Coast going political more...

Post by spaceprophet » 11-14-2006 05:26 PM

Ziroc wrote: George just wants to cover the same stuff 3000 other talk shows around the Country do. WOW, so much for C2C being unique anymore.

Where've you been? Seriously, under a rock?

Art sold out corporate long ago. George always has and always will be a corporate lap dog and a company man.

They both sold out for the sake of corporate profits. They caved to the pressures of homogenized and robotic capitalistic interests.

Art does not run C2C AM. George never did. Premiere Radio Networks who is owned by a supergiant amalgamated corporation called Clear Channel controls what is C2C AM today.

It's what America is all about. Flush creativity, integrity, and originality in favor of mass production and cookie-cutter target market identification.

Clear Channel is a conservative company that is pathological about getting as big as Walmart. So in order to break down barriers and roadblocks it buys conservative politicians and puts them in it's hip pocket. Conservative politicians will only cater if said company appears to employ "conservative" values, which arouse the religious right.

Hence, Clear Channel wants it's products to be as mainstream as it can get them. Sanitized, homogenized, or diluted if you will. Something that won't ruffle any feathers.

So you see the corporate gets to satisfy it's lust for power and money both ways. It can go after the mainstream audience and be allowed to grow exponentially unfettered.

Classic example of a corporate sellout that started out as something cool: MTV. Back in the day when MTV was first conceived it was a great idea. Fledgling artists and thriving artists alike got to get their music out there and get heard. The guy sitting at home got to see cool videos and hear stuff he might not get to hear on corporate radio. Not anymore, videos are rarely played anymore and if they are they are severely edited and cut for time constraints. In their place are reality television and a crushing glut of advertising and product promotion saturation.

Selling out is nothing new here. It's expected.

George is doing more political and religious themed shows because the show is morphing (already has) into more of a mainstream type show. Cookie-cutter is less risky and more comfortable for the automatons that are potential consumers out there. And Art is playing along because he no longer possesses the fire and spirit that he once.

It's all in the cards. This didn't happen over night. It's been in the works for a long time. Why do you think they hired a guy like George to steer the helm in the first place anyway?

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 11-14-2006 05:46 PM

Hey Spaceprophet where ya been, nice to see you posting agian.
At least if Art returns to the U.S. he can rid of call screeners and do his own board like in the past. Art still has some very good shows, this weekend case in point.

Biker
Pirate

Post by Biker » 11-14-2006 06:41 PM

Everytime he starts his prostate commercial with "I did something very smart a long time ago...", my first thought is 'I doubt it'.

Biker:D

Dominic
Pirate

Post by Dominic » 11-14-2006 07:17 PM

My "sleep number" is 76.:D

Oh and what ever happened to SUPER HGH the growth hormone?

Looks like Premier Radio got what they want... Advertising that WORKS!

Return to “George Noory/C2C AM Topics/Radio topics”