Comic Moments With George Noory

George Noory/Guests, Commentary,
Radio topics

Moderator: Super Moderators

Dixie Butcher
Pirate

Comic Moments With George Noory

Post by Dixie Butcher » 12-31-2006 11:37 PM

Thanks to my good buddy Kate for giving me the heads up on this goofy exchange.

From the 12/12/06 show with Alex Jones:

Set up: Jones has been talking about how diamonds are worthless and how he tried to explain that to his wife when she insisted on having one. He tells George there will be hell to pay when she hears him say that on the radio.

GN: Make sure she lets you finish the show before she goes off...

AJ: She's sawin' logs, but she'll hear it tomorrow- they re-air locally on KLBJ, but oh...

GN: ("Radio Guy" laugh) "Sawing logs!!" - what do you got her out plowing the fields, too? (laughs again)

AJ: No, (LHAO) yeah.... that's a comment to sleeping. (and in his head, he adds, "You retard." ) It's an old ti... I guess it's an old redneck saying.

GN: it is! That's over my head, I'm not a sophisticated guy from the city, I don't understand your jargon.

AJ: Oh come on!!!!! -that's actually a hick saying, "sawin' logs"...

GN: (laughs)

AJ: I don't know what it means, my dad says it.

GN: I really thought you had her out there doing something for the fireplace or something. (again with the "Radio Guy" laugh)

AJ: No, no, no... that's funny!

zed
Pirate

Post by zed » 01-01-2007 12:25 AM

Good thing he didn't say "catching some Z's"... who knows what the reply might have been -- LOL!!

Happy New Year to you Dixie!

Texassteel
Pirate

Post by Texassteel » 01-01-2007 12:42 AM

How could one be a grown man and not know what "sawing logs" means after living in the U.S. for most if not all of his life. Especially when a man says that about his wife and it's the middle of the night. But, in my opinion, Alex Jones being on the show only meant that two goofballs were talking two each other on C2C.
Never slap a man chewing tobacco!!

Return to “George Noory/C2C AM Topics/Radio topics”