Email Notice from George Noory to the Fantastic Forum

George Noory/Guests, Commentary,
Radio topics

Moderator: Super Moderators

DeathValleyScotty
Pirate

Post by DeathValleyScotty » 06-25-2007 07:24 PM

I don't post that often, but I do keep up with this forum. Perhaps I'll post my own feelings and comments on another thread. I found the following comment on another board today and I thought it was an outstanding idea....

- - - - -

He is painful to listen to. Absolutely horrible. As a result, he's had trouble getting guests to come on, resulting in many nights of "open lines" where listeners call in.

He recently filled an hour (of the paranormal and science-themed talk show coast to coast am) by yammering on with the previous shows host about a female golfer's hole in one.

Fans of the show should send golf balls to Premiere Radio with "George Noory Sucks" written on them so the news could report that hundreds of "George Noory sucks balls" were being delivered to Premiere network in protest of the host's lameness and asking for him to be replaced.

Their address is; 15260 Ventura Blvd. Sherman Oaks, CA 91403

Elk
Pirate

Post by Elk » 06-26-2007 02:09 AM

Ping pong balls would be cheaper to buy, and cheaper to send.
Besides, ping pong is much more in keeping with noorys style of interviewing...:p

Elk
Pirate

Post by Elk » 06-26-2007 02:11 AM

...he's all over the table.
:rolleyes:

Supernova
Pirate

Post by Supernova » 06-26-2007 06:00 AM

The last three posts are just too funny!!!! Thanks for the great laugh.

gpshealy
Pirate

Post by gpshealy » 06-26-2007 02:53 PM

You know I've not posted on this subject, because I was pretty angry and have long ago decided that it is not good to post when I am angry on any messageboard. I also wanted to wait and give him a chance to apologize to the forum, but he didn't.

All I can say is that I am really dissappointed in him. Threatening to sue, shut down a forum that I enjoy reading, and using the law to get the ISP addresses of my online friends. For all his talk about the NWO and Big Brother, he is certainly using the tools of intimidation and censorship.

The worst part about it is the justification he offers. He is coming after my ISP address, even though I didn't say his show was an informercial and never even commented on the thread in order to "protect his reputation." If he is more worried about his money, his pension, and what the 100 people on this forum think than in allowing people to discuss things freely on the Internet (which is one of the few places where we still have something approaching absolute freedom of speech) then that is pretty sad. So congrats George, you have successfully stiffled debate on the Internet. You are truly a journalist that Voltaire would respect when he wrote the immortal lines laying at the heart of freedom "I disagree with everything you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it."

Really a shame. For all his talk about there being a C2C family, this is really sad and just shows where his heart is. In the past I've thought that he had some limitations as a host, but was at least a nice guy. I no longer feel that way.

On a completely and totally unrelated subject to the question of whether or not his show was in an informercial time slot, I read a great quote the other day that I thought I would share with you all. It was by Whittaker Chambers and read "Innocence seldom utters outraged shrieks, guilt does."

spaceprophet
Pirate

Post by spaceprophet » 06-26-2007 08:47 PM

Elk wrote: Ping pong balls would be cheaper to buy, and cheaper to send.
Besides, ping pong is much more in keeping with noorys style of interviewing...:p

More like Pong. Primitive, plodding, pedestrian, and predictable.

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man. - Jack Handey

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 06-26-2007 10:32 PM

Elk wrote: ...he's all over the table.
:rolleyes:

ELK!! We've missed you!!
It's either real or it's a dream, There's nothing that is in between. ~ Jeff Lynne

Cynthia Lynn
Pirate

Post by Cynthia Lynn » 06-27-2007 12:46 AM

Glitch wrote: snoory noory:
HERE

OMG, that's brilliant, and this guy's Noory impression is dead-on... in more ways than one. :D :D

automaton
Pirate

Hey... don't underestimate Pong

Post by automaton » 06-27-2007 04:32 PM

I made this a couple of years ago thinking it would be hilarious to make a Pong movie.

Last edited by automaton on 06-27-2007 04:40 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Bring me the Disco King!

alleyrulez
Pirate

Post by alleyrulez » 07-04-2007 04:41 PM

was this ever resolved?

if that is even possible...

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 07-04-2007 04:47 PM

alleyrulez wrote: was this ever resolved?

if that is even possible...

There is nothing to resolve, idle threads are just that.

alleyrulez
Pirate

Post by alleyrulez » 07-04-2007 04:51 PM

funny how things change.

I remember posting quite a few "anti-Noory" threads here over a year ago.

I received a few like minded replies, but the overall tone was "leave George alone". I recall even receiving a PM from one of the moderators, politely asking me to lay off of the "George Snoory" comments.

the tide has seemingly turned.

Glitch
Pirate

Post by Glitch » 07-05-2007 01:23 AM

alleyrulez wrote: funny how things change.

I remember posting quite a few "anti-Noory" threads here over a year ago.

I received a few like minded replies, but the overall tone was "leave George alone". I recall even receiving a PM from one of the moderators, politely asking me to lay off of the "George Snoory" comments.

the tide has seemingly turned.

The tide didnt turn, and that is the problem.
noory got worse. Over time, he should've improved.
The fact Art was on weekends, and Ian doing C2C live, more or less took the sting out of the weakday slump. In addition to those events, factor in the creation of several noory-oriented boards that seem to love the guy. That took a load off the FF.
While I wouldnt call that a win-win situation, it is nice to have all the in-fighting over and done with.
Google 'noory' and Im sure you'll find one or two other boards out there that may be to your liking. Or, hang around here and see what shakes loose in the meantime. Changes are in the works i.e. Coast to Coast AM.
Good luck.

IronsGold
Pirate

Post by IronsGold » 07-06-2007 08:19 AM

gpshealy wrote: You know I've not posted on this subject, because I was pretty angry and have long ago decided that it is not good to post when I am angry on any messageboard. I also wanted to wait and give him a chance to apologize to the forum, but he didn't.

All I can say is that I am really dissappointed in him. Threatening to sue, shut down a forum that I enjoy reading, and using the law to get the ISP addresses of my online friends. For all his talk about the NWO and Big Brother, he is certainly using the tools of intimidation and censorship.

The worst part about it is the justification he offers. He is coming after my ISP address, even though I didn't say his show was an informercial and never even commented on the thread in order to "protect his reputation." If he is more worried about his money, his pension, and what the 100 people on this forum think than in allowing people to discuss things freely on the Internet (which is one of the few places where we still have something approaching absolute freedom of speech) then that is pretty sad. So congrats George, you have successfully stiffled debate on the Internet. You are truly a journalist that Voltaire would respect when he wrote the immortal lines laying at the heart of freedom "I disagree with everything you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it."

Really a shame. For all his talk about there being a C2C family, this is really sad and just shows where his heart is. In the past I've thought that he had some limitations as a host, but was at least a nice guy. I no longer feel that way.

Everyone should always use this:

Hide The IP
"What fresh hell is this?"
Dorothy Parker

alleyrulez
Pirate

Post by alleyrulez » 07-06-2007 08:01 PM

for at least three days, 'cause that's how long the free trial lasts...

Return to “George Noory/C2C AM Topics/Radio topics”