Email Notice from George Noory to the Fantastic Forum

George Noory/Guests, Commentary,
Radio topics

Moderator: Super Moderators

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 01-03-2013 09:33 PM

Fan wrote: lol I am an idiot, what a noob mistake hahaha

The thread is here, it is archived in our own archive.org http://www.fantasticforum.com/ubb/Forum ... 074-2.html
Whoa. What are we looking at there?
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 01-04-2013 01:11 AM

Fan wrote: That is if there was any sort of legal issue to settle. He had no leg to stand on and was bluffing. He never even talked to a lawyer. The absolute worst he could do was to get some posts redacted, and they would have to do a lot of work to get that done, and the subsequent explosion of blogs and other forums talking about what dicks they are being would be far worse than the original slight.

George deserves what he gets - consider yourselves free to say whatever you like about him, that is what you do at a discussion forum.

That wasn't my point. Although what you posted I don't disagree with. I was referring to the point made about Shirley. She spent years and years bad mouthing him to the tenth degree and when it was finally made clear that Art was not going to return she went after George like a horney mud turtle to get him affiliated with her new forum.

As far as George ......I would be happy if the even brought back Mike seagal!
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 01-04-2013 10:33 AM

yes, this is supposedly Noory's own daughter posting:
I passed my main final!!!!Yeah. Thank you for your insightful comments. I think you're right. My dad is like a brand new, high powered souped up car...with the newest parts and all the technology that goes with it...Yet with any fine tuned machine...it only works when ALL the parts are in place..and clicking along in tandem. I think my father is still putting the parts in...he knows eventually what that car will do, look like and accomplish and most importantly knows when the race starts...thanks again. When I first heard about this.forum...I really thought this was a place for people to gripe..I was wrong...you do really care..and I hope..through my somewhat agggressive stance..I helped in some part. Funny thing..I've been an Art Bell fan for a few years...before Dad was even considered...I'm going to be chatting with him tonight..he loves my feedback (really it will be yours) Thanks...J

turtle101
Ship's Bartender

Post by turtle101 » 01-04-2013 01:30 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fan
yes, this is supposedly Noory's own daughter posting: [/QUOquote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I passed my main final!!!!Yeah. Thank you for your insightful comments. I think you're right. My dad is like a brand new, high powered souped up car...with the newest parts and all the technology that goes with it...Yet with any fine tuned machine...it only works when ALL the parts are in place..and clicking along in tandem. I think my father is still putting the parts in...he knows eventually what that car will do, look like and accomplish and most importantly knows when the race starts...thanks again. When I first heard about this.forum...I really thought this was a place for people to gripe..I was wrong...you do really care..and I hope..through my somewhat agggressive stance..I helped in some part. Funny thing..I've been an Art Bell fan for a few years...before Dad was even considered...I'm going to be chatting with him tonight..he loves my feedback (really it will be yours) Thanks...J

now that just makes me want to barf!!!!:eek: :eek:
Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 01-04-2013 01:31 PM

BenSlain wrote: That wasn't my point. Although what you posted I don't disagree with. I was referring to the point made about Shirley. She spent years and years bad mouthing him to the tenth degree and when it was finally made clear that Art was not going to return she went after George like a horney mud turtle to get him affiliated with her new forum.

As far as George ......I would be happy if the even brought back Mike seagal!

I got it.:)
A man's character is his fate

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 01-04-2013 01:36 PM

SquidInk wrote: Whoa. What are we looking at there?
georgie getting caught?

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 01-04-2013 01:37 PM

BenSlain wrote: That wasn't my point. Although what you posted I don't disagree with. I was referring to the point made about Shirley. She spent years and years bad mouthing him to the tenth degree and when it was finally made clear that Art was not going to return she went after George like a horney mud turtle to get him affiliated with her new forum.

I hear you, I just don't care what they do/did. It makes me sad, and I prefer being happy.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 01-04-2013 01:40 PM

"Somewhat aggressive stance", she says.

Wielding her sword, no quarter given -

That was a 'somewhat' aggressive stance...?

Yeah. Like the one "The Bride" took in "Kill Bill Vol. 1"!

And the worst of it came after I posted my witticism -

Talk about not being able to take a joke!

All that remains of that thread is that garbled partial excerpt Fan found but IIRC, once Julie jumped in and the battle got going hot and heavy there, it wasn't too long after a shaky armistice was declared... I imagine in part so Linnea and RC could begin the job of clearing out the body parts and scrubbing all the blood and gore off the decks.

I dunno if that was the first major instance of purging a decidedly discordant discussion from the FF record, but as early cases go, it has to be one of the most memorable (at least for those of us who were there and survived the onslaught!)

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 01-04-2013 02:40 PM

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 01-04-2013 03:05 PM

...and more in glorious PDF archive version. See George step into the ORR for some fun while he is supposed to be interviewing RCH http://www.fantasticforum.com/archive_2 ... jan02.html

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 01-05-2013 12:50 AM

BenSlain wrote: As far as George ......I would be happy if the even brought back Mike seagal!
Though I don't know what's become of Vanna, would you believe Mike's got a weeknight show from 10pm-1am ET?
  • Dr. Mike Siegel is a communications consultant, a media giant, a pop culture icon (you can find him on Wikipedia ™), a big mouth lawyer, a liberal-turned-conservative, an advocate of business, a bit of a health nut and a good momma’s boy from Brooklyn.
You can find live streaming along with show archives at

http://www.mikesiegel.com/

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 01-05-2013 10:56 AM

Did George really say this?

"I'm the one making the money, punk...! -George Noory-"
A man's character is his fate

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 01-05-2013 11:35 AM

Diogenes wrote: Did George really say this?

A fair question. A search on his user name only came up with 23 posts going back to May 2006, although the number of posts listed for him is 157, and it's possible he may have made more than that.

While I've found no evidence of the phrase being used in any of his postings that remain on record here, in any case and IMHO, it DOES have the ring of a George/Julie Nooryism.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 01-05-2013 11:57 AM

Diogenes wrote: Did George really say this?

Yes, but it was in an email response from what I remember. It was Blackhand's(?) signature for a while.

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 01-05-2013 12:12 PM

Fan wrote: Yes, but it was in an email response from what I remember. It was Blackhand's(?) signature for a while.
That sounds very close to what I remember. Scott (TheBlackHand) and George met for lunch in St. Louis and made up over iced tea, too, as I recall.

..and that quote is still in his sig. :D
[size=0]"Question everything, especially your media and their motives. -Me[/size]

Return to “George Noory/C2C AM Topics/Radio topics”