Guest Host Rollye James Sunday 22 July 07

George Noory/Guests, Commentary,
Radio topics

Moderator: Super Moderators

zed
Pirate

Post by zed » 07-21-2007 12:00 PM

Plainsman wrote: Rollye's been down this road before. So has all the other retreads they're talking about using, with the exception of John B. Wells.

Something tells me PremRad doesn't put a lot of effort or thought into who they invite to be a guest host. Most of them seem to be just regular ol' political talk show hosts by day, and then they do C2C at night. I guess PremRad doesn't see much difference between Rush Limbaugh and Art Bell.

As has been expressed in other threads, the last nail in C2C's coffin was driven home with the recent announcement of Art Limbaugh's retirement.

:D

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 07-21-2007 04:22 PM

"retread" is right....
It's either real or it's a dream, There's nothing that is in between. ~ Jeff Lynne

Harmoniman
Pirate

Good job,Rollye

Post by Harmoniman » 07-23-2007 11:03 AM

Quick witted,intelligent,and funny. Now if prmrat would just get it right; Ian weekdays, Rollye Saturday; Whitley Sunday with a 5 hour DREAMLAND and special guest Art Bell .
Have you noticed how people's intellectual curiosity declines sharply the moment
they start waving guns about? Doctor Who

Shirleypal
Pirate

Re: Good job,Rollye

Post by Shirleypal » 07-23-2007 11:08 AM

Harmoniman wrote: Quick witted,intelligent,and funny. Now if prmrat would just get it right; Ian weekdays, Rollye Saturday; Whitley Sunday with a 5 hour DREAMLAND and special guest Art Bell .

I agree Rollye did a great job, sounds like a plan Harmoniman:)

Dynja
Pirate

Re: Good job,Rollye

Post by Dynja » 07-23-2007 12:16 PM

Harmoniman wrote: Quick witted,intelligent,and funny. Now if prmrat would just get it right; Ian weekdays, Rollye Saturday; Whitley Sunday with a 5 hour DREAMLAND and special guest Art Bell .

You've got my vote! ;)

zed
Pirate

Post by zed » 07-23-2007 01:27 PM

I thought Rollye was great. Here's my critique:

• Intro
The theme song ran for an unusually long stretch with no sign of Rollye, but this could be attributed to the technical problems she described at the top of the show. Forgiveable! :D

• News Segement (20 minutes)
Read through hurriedly and, frankly, boring to listen to. Her intro to the news was a mention of "reading the news at the top of the show, following the format of GN", but I don't think it was necessary for her to follow in those footsteps, especially considering that the first segment of the show immediately follows the local/syndicated news.

She read a story on a lottery-gone-bad in Roswell, and another on China and their not-fit-for-human-consumption exports, all good stuff. But her delivery was rushed, and if there was one thing where I started to compare GN and Rollye, it would be only in GN's more relaxed delivery of news reports. Again, forgiveable :D

• Callers and Interview
Breath of fresh air, to be sure. During her first few phone calls she seemed to still be getting her feet wet, but at about 15 to the top of the first hour, Rollye came into her own. Very much in the spirit of Art Bell, and so unlike the way C2C is handled during the week, she engaged her callers and the guest! With a great vocabulary to pave the way she asked great questions, showed occasional skepticism (in a friendly way), and didn't pander to or deflect every potentially "out there" statement.

I don't know enough about Rollye to judge whether or not she has the background to be able to discuss subjects related to the paranormal, extra-terrestrial, or conspiracy theories as Art did. Certainly GN has only a marginal ability to discuss any of these subjects, though by this point he's familiar with the nomenclature. Then again, from what I can see, GN's show is heavily scripted (or heavily prepped) and thus he doesn't have to be a paranormal/UFO/conspiracy scholar to conduct the show. I get the feeling that she has a vast knowledge of U.S. and world history, and she can stand on her own two feet and converse with people with aplomb; rarely does she come across as stumped or non-plussed on her regular radio program. So, were we as an audience given a choice between Rollye and GN, given the same prep tools as GN has, I'd vote for Rollye in a heartbeat to be able to bring back to C2C some of its former glory.
Last edited by zed on 07-23-2007 01:31 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Divinorumus
Pirate

Post by Divinorumus » 07-23-2007 03:00 PM

I actually really enjoy listening Rollye the other night on C2C. I wouldn't mind listening to her host C2C more often, maybe even every weekday night, so long as she is not attacking and criticizing fellow human beings of earth who are essentially innocent victims of their own government and thus find it necessary to flee to neighboring lands in order to find work, shelter, food, medical services, an education, and some of the other things that the more fortunate global elitists of the world enjoy. I even removed all of the pins and needles from my voodoo doll replica of her while she was on last night. I'm going to even leave them out until I hear her utter that repulsive bigot trash talk, such as illegal aliens, again. Now, please excuse me for a little while, I've got to go dig for and find this other voodoo doll of someone else that's buried in the kitty litter box and begin to prep it for Wednesday night. ;)

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 07-23-2007 03:35 PM

Now, please excuse me for a little while, I've got to go dig for and find this other voodoo doll of someone else that's buried in the kitty litter box and begin to prep it for Wednesday night.

It never hurts to be prepared and don't forget to surround yourself with white light, you never know what is being sent out.

zed
Pirate

Post by zed » 07-23-2007 03:41 PM

Divinorumus wrote: ...illegal aliens...
Maybe that's why the government won't admit to the existance of UFO's --- I can't imagine that State Dept. would accept yet more velcro or another microwave oven design as payment for a U.S. Visa...

;)

juno4
Pirate

Interesting Info re Rollye...

Post by juno4 » 07-23-2007 04:39 PM

Hello fellow Pirates...I don't often post but I couldn't resist this one...:)
Here's a URL for the info.
http://www.citypaper.net/articles/061898/om.past.shtml

I personally don't care for RJ's style and to think she was touted as the female Rush...did it for me...Ugh...
(Only one humble opinion) but maybe she has changed her style since the printing. (One can only hope)

I also am "Ham". In canada the top class for HF is "Advanced ". I was grandfathered in cuz of doing my CW...Love you all...Ta for now

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 07-23-2007 04:44 PM

Hi juno4, the interview last night was very good, I have heard her day time show which is political, there was none of that last week, think she is very diverse in what she can do, I remember her from 7+ years ago and she did a good job than and was hoping they would bring her back.

Divinorumus
Pirate

Post by Divinorumus » 07-23-2007 04:54 PM

. . . you never know what is being sent out.
Oh heck, I can take a bullet for a just and worthy cause and reason. And if victory is well worth it and guaranteed, I am even willing, ready, and able, to give up my temporary life within this less than desirable realm of the flesh and blood thirsty beasts for a grander greater cause and purpose. Politically and selfishly motivated soldiers, superstitious religious psychotics, and whacked out sexually deprived fanatics and martyrs aren't the only ones willing to die in order to bring about the kind of world they envision flourishing here one day. You should see all of the battling humanity scars I've already already acquired since my visit to this realm of murderous temperamental beasts began so seemingly long ago. I'm an equal opportunity citizen of earth and one way or another will step on and over anyone who isn't! Isn't that nice and morally righteous and courageous of me? I love everyone, until they "do" something to cause me to puke. ;)

Anyhow, not intending to change the topic and subject here, but everyone should be given a chance to surrender and change . . . first ... and I'd really like to see Rollye given that chance if she can become an equal opportunity citizen of earth too. I think if she could, she might go far as a the regular weekday host on C2C. I knows she could and would bring in the listeners!
Last edited by Divinorumus on 07-23-2007 05:15 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Plainsman
Pirate

Post by Plainsman » 07-23-2007 07:31 PM

I don't believe there is any evidence whatsoever that the guest hosts who will appear only once a month on C2C are trying out for the full-time weekday job. This is why it doesn't really matter who fills in or how well they do. It's just a throwaway night once a month, as far as PremRad is concerned. In baseball terms, it's just some bench players to keep warmed up in case George and Ian aren't available for some reason.

Dynja
Pirate

Post by Dynja » 07-23-2007 07:39 PM

Plainsman wrote: I don't believe there is any evidence whatsoever that the guest hosts who will appear only once a month on C2C are trying out for the full-time weekday job. This is why it doesn't really matter who fills in or how well they do. It's just a throwaway night once a month, as far as PremRad is concerned. In baseball terms, it's just some bench players to keep warmed up in case George and Ian aren't available for some reason.

You might be right...you're probably right. But it doesn't hurt to let them know how we feel.

juno4
Pirate

Post by juno4 » 07-23-2007 09:18 PM

Yes, I kind of remember her from the last time she sub'd for Art..I'm hoping i don't get a lot of neo-con stuff...
otherwise I'm still open to change. I would like to hear someone who has some of the scientists I love...michu Kaku, etc...love those interviews by art...and you really know he did his home work...
I'll take the "wait 'n See" stance for now...

Return to “George Noory/C2C AM Topics/Radio topics”